Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Policy at SSB

Default Policy at SSB

We're wondering what Couples policy is for single men at the A/N areas? There has been a single fellow at SSB for 4 days in a row. We always understood that single men weren't permitted there by themselves.
    (Karen&Paul)

KarenOn

Not supposed to happen. Please speak with Pierre or Nicholas.

Couples Resorts

Thanks Randy, it was taken care of today by Nicholas, apparently somebody saw this post and it was dealt with accordingly.
    (Karen&Paul)

maybe the poor guy's wife has the runs did u ask?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_negril View Post
    maybe the poor guy's wife has the runs did u ask?
    Really?? "Excuse me, does your wife have the runs?" That would be slightly awkward don't ya think?

Humor aside, the point is, there are rules. And the rule there is no single men. Simple, easily understood, easily obeyed and apparently easily remedied by the awesome Couples staff.

His wife was on the main beach all week while he went back and forth between the two, she either wasn't interested in A/N or didn't know he was over there. Security spoke with him (that's their job), he had 2 chairs set up all week, on the pretense she would be joining him and in 5 days she never did. We saw them together at meals and then she went off on her own while he came over to the A/N beach, so no, she wasn't sick in her room.
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    We're wondering what Couples policy is for single men at the A/N areas? There has been a single fellow at SSB for 4 days in a row. We always understood that single men weren't permitted there by themselves.
    KarenON...we just got home and that guy was a total creeper...I don't know if we met you but I was the Tony the Tiger guy with the sunscreen stripes on my back (not the tattoo guy who ended up the same way). We were going to tell security but forgot on our way out.

We were hanging out in the grotto on Tuesday and there was a younger couple that were in the shallow end for a little bit. I watched him cruise up and down the ramp 3-4 times I'm guessing to get some jollys.

I just shrugged it off (because we've been to nudist places with single guys before) but then got a little cheesed on Wed. when we went over for like 45min before we had to leave. My wife was the young looker on the beach at the moment and he was in the same row in his normal spot. It was very cloudy out and all of a sudden he dragged his chair out like he wanted to get some sun (of which there was none) but all of a sudden he had a view of my wife. I was going to report him but we were in a hurry to check out and forgot. Here's the kicker...we left, went straight to turn in our towels, grabbed our backpacks and headed to the lobby. We're no more than halfway up the steps to the lobby and he's coming back down the steps fully clothed????? Apparently there wasn't anyone else to look at on the beach so he hurried away and somehow did it faster than us when we weren't wasting any time.

There's no room for creepers in the nudist world...I'm always hesitant and give people the benefit of the doubt because (for example) one day I showed up 10-15 minutes before my wife while she was finishing some shell painting. Sure I had been there in days past so people recognized me but had it been my first day, to me, it would have been fine.

I'm glad someone got him the heck out of there...it's people like that who keep people from experiencing what is the best feeling in the world...I actually saw him with his wife at the beach party and I thought about asking her either why she doesn't come over or why he's there alone...I figured she would say he's playing tennis during that time

Hi DonJohnson, yes I remember you with the stripes, lol. I know we weren't the only ones who had a problem with him, we spoke with a few other couples that did as well. We were very pleased at the way Couples management handled the situation once they knew about it. All is good, sorry you had to leave, it sure is difficult tearing yourself away from this place!
    (Karen&Paul)

Just my input but why would you go to a couples resort and spend the week without your sn at your side. Couples is for couples and romance. It's a special time to be together, away from the daily grind. I would never go to SSB without my wife... ever, and neither would she. We are there to spend time together. I would never go to SSB alone but not because it would be seen as wrong by others, but because this time away from real life is for us. If people go away and spend their time apart doing what they want, then Couples is not the place to go... maybe try an "H" resort.

That's what we were all trying to figure out - what kind of a holiday were they having??? Her on the main beach and him on the nude beach??? The whole thing was just very strange indeed! It did make for an interesting bit of conversation, however!

By the way, we had 9 straight days of hot sunshine, without a drop of rain, not even at night! It was a wonderful holiday!!! SSB never looked so good!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Just my input but why would you go to a couples resort and spend the week without your sn at your side. Couples is for couples and romance. It's a special time to be together, away from the daily grind. I would never go to SSB without my wife... ever, and neither would she. We are there to spend time together. I would never go to SSB alone but not because it would be seen as wrong by others, but because this time away from real life is for us. If people go away and spend their time apart doing what they want, then Couples is not the place to go... maybe try an "H" resort.
    Novastar, the issue here is whether the rules of the nude beach are upheld, not whether the couple is "romantic enough" to be at Couples. While I understand where you are coming from, I also don't think that it is fair to judge how other couples spend their vacation. Romance and "getting away from the grind" can mean different things to different people. For instance, if one person spends a lot of time away from home in the military, then that couple may cherish being together as much as possible, whereas if another couple spends most of their days in business working together and then typically spends their evenings dealing with kids, then maybe their idea of romance may involve spending some time apart during the day doing different activities (golfing, water sports, spa treatments) and then getting together in the evening for a romantic kid-free dinner and dancing.

Similarly, some couples enjoy meeting up with others and socializing in groups while other couples prefer to be by themselves. Neither type is wrong for choosing to stay at Couples. There are simply different ways for different couples to enjoy their romantic vacations.

Respect,
    Last edited by jamaican_junkie; April 12th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Gee Karen tell me now, I am not sure I noticed him....maybe one guy I noticed alone

Absolutely agree with that Jamaican_Junkie. I was just stating how I feel about it. Always have the attitude of "to each their own". How anyone wants to spend their vacation is totally up to them. That's what I love about CSS. You can do as little or as much as you want. But travelling as a couple, you would think that most of your time would be spent together, not with one on one beach and the other on the other beach. Of course there are things one may want to do but not their spouse and that's ok. If he wants to go golfing and she wants to go to the spa, then great.
    To me there are certain things that you do together as a couple, not alone, and going to SSB would be one of them. Maybe if the guy went over to the far side and kept to himself, it wouldn't be such a big deal. You have to remember that the resort and all it has to offer is there for your enjoyment and that of the other guests. If someone is doing something that hinders that enjoyment for others, it needs to be dealt with by management. As Donjohson said above " There's no room for creepers in the nudist world". It is a point of respect. Respect for others, respect for the rules, and especially respect for your spouse.

Hello jamaican_junkie,
    I totally hear you that "to each their own" when defining their vacation. However, SSB is different. Couples go there TOGETHER to share the AN experience. A male not with his spouse or his SO would appear to be suspicious, and I am not a conspiracy junkie :-).

I'd like to share our experience with you. On our last visit, on our last full day I came down with a cold. I dragged myself to SSB because I didn't want to ruin hubbies last day. I lasted for a couple of hours. My husband went up to the swim up bar and asked if he could stay at SSB without me because I didn't feel well. Since everyone was familiar with us as an AN couple, they said it was cool for him to stay alone. I think how he handled the situation was great. However, there are GAWKERS out there. I too would have mentioned that guy to security. Rules are Rules.

One Love and Respect!
    suzyQ

novastar & suzyQ, I am in total agreement with both of you about the rules of the nude beach. I especially love that Couples enforces its "all-nude" policy and its "no single men" policy. Those are two rules that can definitely hinder the enjoyment of others if not upheld.

I was making a general reference to judgments that are made about how other people should spend their romantic vacations. People on the nude beach seem to be some of the most open-minded and accepting people that I know, so just because someone mentions the word "party" or doesn't spend all his time with his wife doesn't mean that he is not romantic enough for Couples and that he should go elsewhere.

My GF needs to take a nap in the afternoon just about everyday plus she cannot usually stay up very late, so at Couples there were plenty of times when we were apart. Some of those afternoons when she was napping, and after I had already been seen by most people on the nude beach, I would make my way back to the nude beach by myself to hang out with friends there. If I made anyone uncomfortable, I would surely understand if they told me or told security, and I would leave. I would hope that people wouldn't jump to conclusions and talk behind my back and call me a creep and insist that I go to Hedo.

From what people have said, that guy's wife never went to SSB the whole week, which puts him in the creeper category. If, like yourself and SuzyQ did and establish yourself as a couple on the AN beach, and at times are there on your own, no worries as far as I can see, as long as the other guests there are ok with it.

jamaican_junkie - The situation with you and your GF is totally different. You were both at the nude beach together at times, and if one or the other is away doing something else, that's not a problem at all. In the case at SSB, this guy was "always" by himself, for 5 days, and his SO never showed up once at SSB. And while he was there, he pretended to read a magazine, but did a lot of looking around - believe me, this was just plain "creepy".
    (Karen&Paul)

Just because a couple doesn't spend 100% of their time together does not mean they need to go to H. That is a whole different thing. Hubby golfs, I do not, I go to the gym, he does not, he catches up the news, I do not, I snorkel, he does not. But we are together. It's what works for us! Oh and we have been to the H place when CTI was closed and we spent more time there together because I was scared to be by myself after being solicited by not only other guests, both male and female, but staff. I didn't go anywhere by myself.
    Vicky

I only suggested that an "H" resort would be more suited to this particular couple because of him going to lurk and creep at SSB. That type of behavior is not acceptable at CSS or any of the other Couples resorts, but better accepted at an "H" resort. If any couple wants to go to a Couples resort and spend their week apart doing different things, that's up to them. To each their own.

Well here's a little funny to throw in the mix. My wife headed off to SSB yesterday while I waited for my Kobo to charge a bit and she was asked if I was coming as it was couples only, so I guess they do watch and there isn't a double standard.

Default Just wondering. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Well here's a little funny to throw in the mix. My wife headed off to SSB yesterday while I waited for my Kobo to charge a bit and she was asked if I was coming as it was couples only, so I guess they do watch and there isn't a double standard.
    This October my wife and I will be on our fourth trip to SSB. We have noticed 'single' men there in the past, often with a group at the bar. They seem to know each other. But, my question is, what if it were a woman, attractive, with a good/great body by herself? How would you respond then??? Just wondering.... -- Could be a scenario for ABC's "What Would You Do?"... Yea, that's the ticket!!!

Glad to see Couples addressed the problem really quickly. That shows how in tune management is with their resort. We visited SSB in Dec. and had one particular man that kind of soured the experience. He was very open with the staring, no sunglasses.... It just got creepy. He was with a significant other but that didn't seem to make a difference. If he was alone, he would have been extremey creepy. We saw him often in the evening as well and my significant other commented that he wasnt any more appropriate off SSB than he was on... LOL. That said, we still had a great time and met some other very nice people. Can't let anyone ruin your great time! I like knowing that if something gets out of hand, couples will step in.

After 8 trips to Grand Lido Negril/Breezes Grand, this is one of the reasons we are going to CSS. Its called Couples for a reason! Got tired of single gawkers coming over to the c/o side and sitting behind sunglasses in thier trunks.

There was a guy at SSB last week alone on most days.His wife was there for short periods of time and called him several times a day on resort phone.LOL

I have been coming to Sans Souci since 2003 and the Au Natural used to be "clothing optional". There were times when my husband and I were the only nude couple there and there would be a group of "golfers" that would show up and drink beer after their day at the course and stare at us, me, whatever. So a single guy who would be naked would not be offensive in our eyes especially as he would be naked himself.

"We are trying to make the Au Natural beach a romantic place", does this not include the "clothing beach" as well. What if there are single men on that beach, they wouldn't be treated like that? Maybe there was too much attention paid to a man who may just be there while his wife is at the spa or sick, or just does not like the AN scene. He paid his money and their vacation should be tuned towards their own enjoyment and activity choice.

So it seems that any man can come over and gawk so long as his wife is by his side. Because, face it, you don't know what people are doing behind those sunglasses! Which puts you in the same situation of watching that guy! You were watching him and maybe you creeped him out.

What about single women? Is it acceptable for them to spend time on their own at the AN, or are just men the creeps? That's a little sexist, isn't it?

I'm just looking at a different point of view of the situation, I wasn't there so I can't comment on specific details. I do hope that situations like this don't sway peoples' decision to go to the AN side of the beach, especially for newbies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast