Default License and other Fees?

Hi all! My fiance and I will be getting married at Tower Isle in a little over a year (4/13/13), and we are both super excited! We have looked at all the great pictures and wedding stories, and agree that this will be the perfect wedding for us! However, some people are telling us that license, filing, and other paperwork fees will be around $1,000-$1,200. Can anyone that has already been through this let me know how much you are paying for paperwork, both in US (Ohio!) and Jamaica? I know that the resort says $250 for fees, which is perfectly fine, I just want to know if there is anything else involved that is hidden, or I just don't know and am missing! Thank you so much for any information you can give me!

That's bad information. That's all we paid back in 2004 and that's all that it costs now.Where do people come up with this stuff?

Thank you so much! I know, but it just puts that little bit of doubt in your head. And now I feel more at ease that someone could confirm that.

Absolutely bad information. $250. and that's it. We are getting married in a few short weeks. We sent in our fee when we booked back in October. I emailed Sharon, the stateside wedding planner, just last week to make sure all was done and payed for. She responded that our license is in place and ready for us. The paperwork was the easiest of all to take care of. I do here that we will be paying the officiant $40. He is not paid by the resort.
    Best Wishes!

Yes you should tip the minister. It's not required but it's a nice thing to do.