Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We had two shirts done last week for our grandaughters. They have unusual names, Irelyn and Kennedy so it is difficult for us to find them nice gifts with their names on them. I was reluctant to pay the $20 a piece for a tee shirt until I saw the finished product. He is a true artist and the kids absolutely loved the shirts.

ya mon where could you get a hand painted, and personalized shirt for only $20, really an inexpensive treasure, we love the shirts so we also just hang them up to display !
    one love

Ya Mon I am interested in seeing the painting he is doing now as well. We are leaving at 7:15 in the morning hope to see ray on Sunday. Thanks again for all your help

Wayne, Ray says hello. paint delivered last Sunday. Just back from our ,sadly, last trip to CSA. The wedding groups finally pushed us over the edge. Our best to Ray and we love the two boards we got from him this trip.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Has anyone got a photo of Ray's T-shirts? Would love to see it!
    We'll be staying at CN but we're going to visit CSA with a trading place....

Ya mon sue and randy, talked to ray and he said he saw you guys, thnx for the paint, we also encountered a very noizy wedding party bunch when we were there in march, they took over the martinin bar for 4 nights, so i can relate, it really is too bad, i think management is afraid to speak up and at least have them tone it down a bit, i mean we are also on vacation and wait a long time just like they do. Hope to meet you guys some day! One love waynef

Sue and Randy, come on over to the dark side, try CN for while, I know you will love it.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

Randy - We had the same experience 3x ago at CSA. There was a VERY loud group of girls (only girls) on the beach. They ruined our sunsets several nights with their boombox and cheerleading and dancing. (Yes, cheerleading...) It was better the last two trips, but we just made sure to avoid the crowds and keep to our quiet little atrium suite. Go back to CTI. We love it there as well, and it's MUCH quieter.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Wanynef
    We saw ray on sunday and brought him the supplies. It was good to see him again. Also we bought a few paintings from him that are awesome. One of them he had to do and said he would be back at the resort this week so we could pick it up. If you talk to him can you find out what day he will be back or just let him know we are in room 4119. we have some things planned away from the resort and dont want to miss him. Thank you.

Robin

Does he go to CN at all? Would love a hand painted shirt!

ya mon key west 51, ray has gone to couples negril over the years but of late he has devoted a lot of his time at swept away, i am sure once you are there at couples negril, you could call him and he could sell you a shirt and also personalize it, i could give you his phone number if interested, wayne f

Default Shhh

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Sue and Randy, come on over to the dark side, try CN for while, I know you will love it.
    Stop giving away our little secret
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Just returned from csa on Sunday. It was good to see Ray again. We gave him the paint and tape we brought and purchased some of his paintings. I asked him about going to couples negril as people on here have asked about it and he said it was something he was thinking about doing but spends most of his time at CSA. I told him I would upload some pictures of his work. This guy does awesome work and we love supporting him. If you are at csa look him up and get some of his amazing work. Name:  IMG_2224.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  62.9 KBName:  IMG_2225.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  64.7 KBName:  IMG_2291.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  39.2 KBAttachment 16654Attachment 16655
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by robin1373; May 9th, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Not all pictures showed up

ya mon robin, looks like you guys hooked up just fine with ray bel! you can see all of the shirts on the line and his little table he paints on, you can also see the size of apple barrel paint bottles he uses on the table, thnx again for all of your help, ray really appreciates it, waynef

[QUOTE=robin1373;176509]Just returned from csa on Sunday. It was good to see Ray again. We gave him the paint and tape we brought and purchased some of his paitings. I asked him about going to couples negril as people on here have asked about it and he said it was something he was thinking about doing but spends most of his time at CSA. I told him I would upload some pictures of his work. This guy does awesome work and we love supporting him. If you are at csa look him up and get some of his amazing work.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for uploading the photos - they look truly amazing! Wish he starts coming over to CN!
    I will certainly look him up when we visit CSA on trading places....

Soon to be flying out to Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by robin1373 View Post
    Just returned from csa on Sunday. It was good to see Ray again. We gave him the paint and tape we brought and purchased some of his paitings. I asked him about going to couples negril as people on here have asked about it and he said it was something he was thinking about doing but spends most of his time at CSA. I told him I would upload some pictures of his work. This guy does awesome work and we love supporting him. If you are at csa look him up and get some of his amazing work. Name:  IMG_2224.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  62.9 KBName:  IMG_2225.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  64.7 KBName:  IMG_2291.jpg
Size:  39.2 KBAttachment 16654Attachment 16655
    It looks like all the pictures did not show up I will add some more with pictures of a couple of tshirts as well.

Here is some more of his work.Name:  IMG_2295.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  33.6 KBName:  IMG_2299.jpg
Size:  28.2 KB

Does he also paint on the shells? I have a shell that I made an X-mas ornament out of that he did for me and hubby. I love it!
    Name:  2010_0804_145454AA.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  34.6 KB

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

ya mon, raybell will paint on any thing, he has painted on wine glasses, palm tree bark and one year the wife brought down some clear christmas ornaments, ray painted on all 12 of the ornaments, small little pictures, like a red stripe bottle, a jamaican flag, the couples twisted palms, whatever you would like, they looked great on our jamaican christmas tree we have up all year round, so people, ray can personalize anything you want, bring him something from home or buy it from ray bell and he will paint it for you, show ray the love,,,,,,,,,,,,,, waynef

just a heads up for fans of ray bell, his t shirts and painting, management has decided he can only be on propery fridays and saturdays, so if you plan on getting a shirt or paintings you will only 2 days to purchase his art work, i can understand this new policy as far as so many vendors but is a little hard to swallow for an old repeater, bless

Wayne, sorry to hear this. I hope he can work at CN like he previously did.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

ya mon, just talked to ray bell, he is given 2 days a week at swept away, he isnt sure but he hopes he can come on tuesdays and fridays, that way it is kinda of spaced out, this 2 days a week starts the 1st of june, i guess we should be thank ful that ray bell has any time at all, after all , it is couples property and they do whats good for the resort and their guests, so we should make sure we support all the vendors at csa, i did talk to ricardo about couples negril and he in turn has to cut back on vendors as well, bless

Hi! We wii be there the third week in July...(first time), we will take some things for him...wanna act like
    we've 'been there, done that' kinda thing--I hope we don't stick out like sore thumbs, bumbling newbies, haha...

We're newbies. Our first trip is less than 30 days away. Tell me more about the painted shirts! Does anyone have a picture? I have great respect for local artists. I'm making a list of all the things I'll take to Jamaica - school supplies, chocolates, etc. I'm happy to take some paint. But, what are the shirts y'all love and where do I find Ray?

Default Does anyone have a photo of the painted tees?

I would be happy to provide supplies to support someone's art! Will Ray still be there at the end of June?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast