Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Hand Painted TShirts

Does anyone if Raybel is still painting tshirts at CSA? If he is I would like to bring him some paint like we did last year.

Thanks
    Robin

ya mon, ray bel is still there and painting t shirts as well as small pictures, doing a real good job, he always appreciates paint but if you go he also is asking for masking tape, he uses it on the shirts to make his lines perfect, the role is about 1 inch wide, 3m brand or any thing you can purchase he would appreciate, i was trying yo get some down to him but maybe you are my answer! when are you going?
    thnx from ray in advance waynef

Raybel was there in November
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Yes he is. We were there last month and he did 6 for us. I took some of my own as I wanted some for my little grandsons and wasn't sure if he would have those sizes. He did a great job on them. We ordered them the day after we arrived to give him time.

Thank you! I will be there on the 28th of April until May 6th I would be happy to take some tape down to him!

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    ya mon, ray bel is still there and painting t shirts as well as small pictures, doing a real good job, he always appreciates paint but if you go he also is asking for masking tape, he uses it on the shirts to make his lines perfect, the role is about 1 inch wide, 3m brand or any thing you can purchase he would appreciate, i was trying yo get some down to him but maybe you are my answer! when are you going?

Sorry not sure if my other post went through. Thank you for the replies. waynef we will be there April 28th - May6th I would be more than happy to bring him some tape as well as some paint.

Robin

Thank you for all the replies. Waynef we will be there April 28th - May 6th. I would be more than happy to bring him some tape as well as some paint.

Robin

Some tips (besides the masking tape):

Bring Acrylic paint, preferably in tubes (you can get it at any art or crafts store). They are water soluble and he works almost exclusively with acrylics.
    White and black are used a lot to mix tints and shades of all the other colors.
    Primary colors (red, yellow and blue) are always needed, as well as greens.
    Nice earth tones (ochre, reds, yellows) are very useful and probably hard for Ray to obtain.
    Deep blues are always nice to have available as are all other cool colors in deep tones (he can lighten them with the white but dark cool colors are very useful)

With these general colors he can do a lot as he is quite gifted at mixing color to create what he wants or needs.

If you have a mind to he may also appreciate some nice brushes. Since he works mostly in a small scale (tee shirts and smaller paintings) small brushes of good quality are always needed (they are not inexpensive and I am sure they are hard for him to come by). We have seen him do some amazing work with brushes that made mrs. dirtleg cry for him (she is an artist and art teacher). He does some work on larger paintings sometimes so even some larger brushes would be much appreciated (up to half inch to 3/4 inch flat brushes and fan brushes, larger if you are feeling generous).

I am sure mrs. dirtleg will be bringing him some supplies this June as we have made a habit of it on our last few visits. She has become very appreciative of his talent and dedication to his art.

Please note:
    If someone going to CSA in the next few weeks could remember to ask him if he works with any other paint medium we would appreciate it. Put up the information on the message board and if he needs some oils or water colors we would add some to our shopping list for this year.

Have a great trip!

ya mon robin, i have called ray and he will see what color paints you could supply, he thnx you, i talk to ray once or twice a week so i will be in touch

ya mon robin, just talked to ray bell, he is need of the colors, white, yellow and dark blue, he would appreciate what ever you can bring, he is using the same paint for the boards he is painting for sale, he likes that kind of paint because he is use to it and is easy to work with, have a great trip, waynef

waynef
    thank you for the info. I will see what I can round up and bring to him.

Robin

waynef, which Apple Barrel paint does Ray prefer? there are two listed on Walmart's website and it isn't very clear.

heading home in 10 days.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

ya mon, ray says he remembers you and hopes you have safe travels.............

Sue and Randy,

If possible, instead of Apple Barrel, for about the same price at Michaels you can purchase Cermcoat or Delta paints. They are a better quality, have more pigment in them and less water. But as Dirtleg mentioned he prefers the acrylics in tubes, again they are a much higher quality, more pigment, last longer and give a better finished product.

Dirtleg,

Do you know if he is at CSA every day? Several years ago he was at CN, I purchased a tee shirt from him, it is still one of my favs, would love to get another. Also I have a ton of brushes that I inherited (more then I can use) that I would love to give him along with a supply of paints. Because he doesn't come to CN any longer, I am going to try to met up with him at CSA on a Trading Spaces day.

ya mon, ray says he remembers you and hopes you have safe travels.............
    Waynef
    Is the apple barrel paint what he is sill using? i see a couple other posts here talking about other paints I would like to get what he is going to actualy use and would like to have. Please let me know and thank you for all your help!!

ya mon blondie, i have very rarely seen ray use paint out of a tube, it usually is the apple barrel in the plastic bottle!, as far as seeing ray, that is hard, normally never monday or wednesday becaus e of different venders on property, i would think tuesday or thursday would be my best guess, i could give you his phone number and you could call him and meet up .

ya mon sue and randy, ray uses the apple barrel in the 8 oz plastic bottle, walmart has it for about $2.19 - $2.39 per bottle, there is also a " gloss" apple barrel for about a dollar more BUT RAY BEL DOESN'T USE THE GLOSS!, i always put 4 0r 5 bottles in a zip lock bag and then put another zip lock around that and put them in my checked luggage, hope that helps, have a great time, oh by the way, Maxs boat is back in the water,,,,,,respect waynef

Waynef, thanks for the information. If you can send me his phone number that would be great.

blondie9093 at comcast dot net.

Thanks Wayne, Swept Away soon come.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

ya mon, talked to ray over the weekend and told him of the people on the message board that are coming down and bringing him supplies, for that he wants to say thanks and a big up. waynef

Default Great Shirts

Support this guy people. He is a real artist trying to make an honest living. He will paint whatever you want within reason for a very fair price. Where can you buy a custom made, hand painted T-Shirt in your town for twenty bucks? I`m just sayin
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Wayne, if you talk to Ray this weekend tell him we will be looking for him early next week. We don't get in until late Saturday afternoon.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

waynef,
    Thanks again for all the info. We got the supplies for Ray. We will be there sat the 28th of April until May6th. Can you ask ray what days that week he will be at csa? I do not want to miss him. We are looking forward to seeing him again and purchasing some of his awesome work.

ya mon, i will talk to ray to make sure he sets up on sunday so you can see him, make sure you give him a big up from, wayne and jan

ya mon robin, ray bell says thnx and a big up, probably will see you sunday, waynef

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast