Default First timers! Just booked BFVS @ CSA October!

First of all, thanks to all of you who have posted so much amazing info on this board!! We are so excited! My Hubby is in the Army and is currently on his third deployment, Afghanistan this time. He recently had r&r and we decided it's about time we went on a no kids vacation.... so Jamaica here we come!! We've never been out of the country, recreationally anyway... I don't think Afghanistan counts, lol. He is missing our 10 year Anniversary, my 30th Bday and of course all the other holidays this year brings so we will be celebrating big time!! We are also going with another military couple... I can hardly wait!! October seems sooo far away right now. I've been reading all the tips and suggestions but I am open for any more that anyone has to offer. I'm sure I will have more questions as we get closer!

I am so happy you and your husband are going. You will love it.

Thank you to your husband for all he is doing (you too). My son is currently on deployment to Afghanistan and will leave the end of May.

Thank him for his service. Hold hands walking to dinner, and walk slow.

Default Hello

Hello Jennifer,

We will be going for our first visit to csa in november as well can't wait as this will be our first trip as well have you booked your rooms yet? Any suggestions on rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Skinner Hattery View Post
    First of all, thanks to all of you who have posted so much amazing info on this board!! We are so excited! My Hubby is in the Army and is currently on his third deployment, Afghanistan this time. He recently had r&r and we decided it's about time we went on a no kids vacation.... so Jamaica here we come!! We've never been out of the country, recreationally anyway... I don't think Afghanistan counts, lol. He is missing our 10 year Anniversary, my 30th Bday and of course all the other holidays this year brings so we will be celebrating big time!! We are also going with another military couple... I can hardly wait!! October seems sooo far away right now. I've been reading all the tips and suggestions but I am open for any more that anyone has to offer. I'm sure I will have more questions as we get closer!

Jennifer, you're going to love it! My only advice is that if you get a 1st floor room, be careful with the verandah door. They automatically lock behind you. I locked us out of our room twice in the 7 days we were there in 2010. Enjoy!

Jennifer we thank you for both your husbands service to our great country and for your service in letting my family be protected by a hero. What are your dates in October? We have 3 couples going to CSA from 10/3 through 10/13, I hope we get to meet, it would be an honor if we can serve you by delivering drinks to you on the beach! While I have been to Jamaica a number of times before this is our first trip to CSA. Enjoy, soak it in and make memories that will never go away.

Thanks to you, Jennifer and to your hubby for your sacrifice and service!!!

My biggest suggestion is when you get on the plane, breathe in and out very deeply and do your best to allow the geographic distance to distance you from any of your day to day thoughts or worries.

When you land, do your best to high tail it to customs, then be patient because the line can be long (and be SURE to fill out BOTH SIDES of the customs form you receive on the plane)!

When you get to the Couples Lounge at the airport, have a red stripe, change into your summer clothes and breathe in and out again - feel the stress leaving yet?? Yup!

Enjoy the van ride - tip the driver generously....

Ahhhh, here you are at CSA! get off the van and REALLY breathe in and out - smell the wonderful difference in the Jamaican air - it really is different!!! Ocean and flowers with some sunscreen thrown in!

Now let the pampering begin....the staff will make your time relaxing and memorable. They'll encourage you to join if you're a joiner, or will leave you to your own devices if you seem like you want privacy.

Take a tour ASAP so you get a feel for the resort.

Make sure your hubby brings trousers and closed shoes so you can experience Feathers!

Even if you're a picky eater, try the Jamaican dishes at all meals!

Try snorkeling even if you're not a good swimmer (they give you life vests)!

Meet Elvis (he's a non-resort employee who books parasailing and jet skiing and is an institution there - really friendly, nice guy)....Try the parasailing for 2 - it's a great experience!

Check out the Spa and Sports Center across the street - there's lots to do over there!! And it's generally really quiet!

But mostly, just allow the sand gravity to do its work - you'll see what I mean when you get there!!

ENJOY!!!!

We just got back from CSA a couple weeks ago and we had a BFVS. Room 4317. It was the best!!!

. I'd like to thank both of you for what you do for our country <3. I'm an Army fiance, and my soldier is currently in Afghanistan as well! We're going to CSA for our honeymoon next June, I can't wait!