Default 2013 Early Escape rates for Canadians

We would love to take advantage of this offer but the rates are not up yet on the Canadian websites. Is there going to be an extention or some news about the deadlines.

sister03

Three things:

1. We only have North America rates now, not separate rates for Canadian and U.S. guests.
    2. All Canadian Tour Operators have the rates.
    3. Book by April 17 for the very best deals for 2013

Remember - you can use our $100 Love Away plan to reserve your dates and rates and benefits

Couples Resorts

What are Canadian rates???? Never heard of them.

For the past two years I've booked the early bird specials and love it. Why would Canadian rates be different? Would they be higher or lower?

We are back this September (which was booked in March 2011) and last week I booked for September 2013. The rates are great!

Thanks Randymon

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    sister03

Three things:

1. We only have North America rates now, not separate rates for Canadian and U.S. guests.
    2. All Canadian Tour Operators have the rates.
    3. Book by April 17 for the very best deals for 2013

Remember - you can use our $100 Love Away plan to reserve your dates and rates and benefits
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

one more question Randymom if you don't mind.

1.If we book 10 days now, but decide within the 45 days prior that we just want to go for 7 or 8, can we just cut it down to 7 or 8, with no penalty.

Randymon,
    The problem is not with the rates but with the schedules of the tour operators. If I wanted to book with a Canadian Tour Operator today for April or later in 2013, I cannot because most only allow you to book 330 days in advance. I only ask this as I noticed that the in the past some consessions had been made. I will call our travel agent to see what he can do for us.

I agree. The operators have the rates but they are not released to the public or TA's as of yet. Sunwing is the only one who has rates but the flight schedule are not published as of yet. If you are looking for package deals.
    Rose
    I am not high Maintenance, I am deservedly Spoiled!

Couples Preferred Agent - Here to assist with your booking

Sister03, what you need to do in this situation is to book just the hotel now to get the rate locked in and then book the airfare separately when it is published and available, or when you think the price is the best that it will be.

we can't book air fare out more than 330 days from US either - if we do early booking deals then we get air later on separately

Quote Originally Posted by kingmelon View Post
    we can't book air fare out more than 330 days from US either - if we do early booking deals then we get air later on separately
    Packages are always cheaper if you are booking with a charter company, online travel agency or the airlines directly (such as AA Vacations). We save several hundred dollars that way. There are no price breaks if you book resort only and add airfare later If you book 2013 with the early booking that ends April 17th you can only get airfare included if you are traveling Jan. thru early March.

I just spoke with
    Air Canada Vacations
    Nolitours
    Westjet Vacatons

None of the 3 have the ability to give prices for packages as of yet. Nolitours expects to have their prices for the first week of May. Which does not allow for the benefits of booking early. Packages are always less expensive .

Signature Vacations is offering it with out flight times thus far and it is approx 10% more than last years rate from Edmonton.

Uggh its frustrating to not be able to book the packages!
    Rose
    I am not high Maintenance, I am deservedly Spoiled!

Couples Preferred Agent - Here to assist with your booking

If you live close to a US airport it can be a lot cheaper to fly out of the US than Canada. We are leaving for CSS next week and booked separately and it was a lot cheaper than flying out of Canada, even with a package.

Rose_Dave,

We always book hotel and air seperately. We find that we get a much better deal that way. I don't know if it is becasue we are flying out of Toronto, but we book the hotel first, then we watch for sales for flights with Air Canada and West Jet. Sometimes we even book one way with Air Canada, and return with West Jet, depending on who has the best sale. I hate the pkg. deals, because for us they are always more, plus if you don't use Air Canada or West Jet for the flight part, their travel times are not great.

We have just booked our 2013 trip, and if the flights are outrageous, we can always cancel. I start looking at flight prices 6 months in advance, but find the best deals about three months away. Itravel now has a new flight match program , that if you flight goes down, they will compensate you. Hope this helps.

We did early bird for July 2012 and rolled the dice with the airfare later...our price P/P P/N still was better booking separate and using the early bird ...especially now when you include the free night, resort credits, and the reduced rates, being offered for 2013 . Last year there was never even a better wed special offered for our timeframe. Take the deal and if you find something better after booking direct with Couples you can always cancel if more than 46 days out :-)

I booked into CSS and will book flight seperately I have never done this before so am a little anxious about when to book the flight. However, I found a deal with WestJet & RBC. Apply for a WJ Visa card and get approved before April 30th, and you get a voucher good for 1 year that allows a companion to fly roundtrip with you for only $99.00.