Default "In room bar" question.

We have been here for 8 days now, and still not opened any of our large bottles of booze stocked in our room....haha...too many good drinks from the bars I guess. Does anyone know if you take these bottles home with you, do they get charged to your room/credit card ? I understand it's all inclusive, but I doubt they let you do this.

When you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, can you take bags of food home?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We always just left them in the bar if we did not sure them.... not sure what everyone else does.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Bottles are for the room only.

Amy

Ooh...good question! I am going to be watching for the answer! My fiance and I will be on our honeymoon at CTI in November and we don't do alot of drinking our rooms usually!

Britnee
    229 days till I marry my best friend
    231 days till first time at Couples, Jamaica, and out of the country!

Yes, you can, and no, they don't charge. These aren't exactly premium liquors though. I would rather pay $12 for a bottle of Appleton Special at home than to have the resorts need to raise their rates, because a bunch of guests start taking their mini-bar bottles home! I do have a buddy that always brings his rum bottle home though.

All inclusive - "Its all you can drink, not all you can take". Leave the bottles, you're not charged for them.

They have a pour spout in them don't they. Won't they drip in your luggage if you take them?

It would never occur to me to remove anything from the room or anywhere else and take it home just because I thought I might not have to pay for it. It doesn't feel to me like a very gracious thing to do but I guess we all pick our own path through the world and I dare say I do other things that would seem odd to you.

I think you might run into problems at the airport unless you are checking them all. But then you have the dilemma of do you list on the custom forms or not?

If you need something for the trip to the airport- mix your favorite cocktail in a water bottle and bring along. If you don't drink it, then you will have to put it in your checked bag at the airport.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

We left behind 3 unopened bottles of spirits, and a half bottle of vodka at CSS.
    I wouldn't dream of taking them home, just as I wouldn't take towels or robes etc. Imagine the cost to Couples if we all decide to take home a couple of large bottles from the mini-bar each time we visit.

Sheesh, SLC was just asking a question.. a simple yes or no answer wouldve been good.. seems like they took a slight bashing.

I must be missing something....in 4 trips to CSS it never occurred to me to take the booze from the mini bar...is that even an option?????? Randymon what the true scoop on this issue????

suzyQ

We would never think of taking the bottles! I just wish the fridge itself was smaller, it's so hard to get it to fit into the suitcase!!!

First reaction is... tacky

But we do take the shower gels and shampoo home with us. More so because we think they throw out open bottles anyway.

I suppose if they are going to throw out open bottle of liquor, then take it. But I highly doubt they are doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by klfhngr View Post
    Sheesh, SLC was just asking a question.. a simple yes or no answer wouldve been good.. seems like they took a slight bashing.
    Oh my that is what I was thinking! Just a question! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    They have a pour spout in them don't they. Won't they drip in your luggage if you take them?
    They have a pour spout in them for a reason. What you don't use, they can reuse at the bars.