Default Room Choice and blocks

Hi all, I got some great advice and tried to repost to my previous questions but I don't think it worked. Anyway, it sounds like we're going to stay with the room we booked -- the one bedroom ocean suite. They seem like great rooms and awesome views. I keep hearing people speak as though the beachfront jacuzzis are the 'best' rooms. Are there any other comments verifying my choice on the one bedroom ocean suites? We were thinking of requesting the D and/or E blocks and I'm hoping we can still get those large balconies I've heard so much about in those blocks? Any pics or comments about those rooms in those blocks would be great. Although we're at the highest romance reward category, I wouldn't want to be upgraded to a penthouse with the additional stairs. Looking forward to any comments on those rooms and blocks, and to March 2010. Thanks all.
    CSS (10)

Hi Windsorgirl - we were in D6 last February (one bedroom ocean suite) it was perfect for us but we had a small balcony, about the same size as those in A and B blocks. As far as I could tell all the one bedroom ocean suites in D block had small balconies. However the Verandah suites in D block had very big balconies but they do not have a livingroom, just bedroom, bathroom and huge balcony. Hope this helps.

We were in D block in a one bedroom as well last December. We had a smaller balconly, and I asked the front desk about it because I was a little disapointed. However, we decided the balcony was fine. We didn't spend that much time on it, and D was closer to the beach and everything else. With my husbands breathing problems, our room was a perfect location for us. It gave us some steps for exercise, but not to many to really tire us out. If you want the larger balcony, I think those in the the other buildings are larger. We booked an Ocean view this year because it is in the same area, the same view, and a little cheaper. The big difference is it does not have a separate sitting area, which we never used anyway. I'm not worried, because from everything I have seen, they are all nice rooms.
    Linda

Hi
    Just left CSS I was at d block room 6, it's 42 steps up which just about levels you to the main bar and the front area. So it was nice to always be half there. About rewards upgrading you I actually am curious if that even happened. There is a black and white kitten waiting for you.