Default CTI Ceremony Sites and Decor

Hello!

My fiance and I are getting married at CTI in early January of 2013. We have signed on for the "One Love" package.

I was wondering if couples who are familiar with the resort would please share advice and pictures regarding the options for wedding ceremony locations at CTI?

Also, what about a wedding arch, trellis, etc? Are they set up already in designated spots, or is that something a couple can choose to pay extra for?

I know floral decor of the ceremony site is an extra expense. Does anyone have any examples of extra decor, and a rough price quote of the cost?

Thank you, thank you, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Hello!

My fiance and I are getting married at CTI in early January of 2013. We have signed on for the "One Love" package.

I was wondering if couples who are familiar with the resort would please share advice and pictures regarding the options for wedding ceremony locations at CTI?

Also, what about a wedding arch, trellis, etc? Are they set up already in designated spots, or is that something a couple can choose to pay extra for?

I know floral decor of the ceremony site is an extra expense. Does anyone have any examples of extra decor, and a rough price quote of the cost?

Thank you, thank you, thanks!
    Here is where we got married, the gazebo, on 3/22/12. I didn't want to get married on the beach because it's literally inbetween the chairs and everyone watches. Not for me Plus..no offense to those who liked it, I thought the arch was tacky, and didn't care for how they decorated it. I believe you can only choose 3 spots to get married, the beach, garden, or gazebo.

My biggest complaint- didn't get orchids as promised. Somehow they were "out", even though they have a greenhouse on the property which was FULL of orchids. I had yellow roses, which I didn't like. Good thing I didn't ask for extra flowers for decorations, who knows how that would have turned out!

Name:  wedding3.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  43.9 KB

To MissouriCouple,

Thank you for sharing the picture of you and your new husband under the pretty little gazebo! I agree with you about the added privacy of the gazebo location being more appealing, and I like that it's a sturdy structure, but it looks dainty too, due to the little cut-out design on the top! I saw a glimpse of it in the photos Couples has posted in their wedding gallery, and I was hopeful that it was a fixture at CTI.

Where is it located? It appears to be in a somewhat shaded area (A great feature for pictures!), and the sea wall indicates that it's somewhat close to the beach, but can you see the island from there?

I'm sorry you didn't get orchids! I'm making an orchid hairpiece to match the orchid bouquet that I'm hoping they will actually have....But I've heard other couples mention that CTI was somehow "out" of orchids for their weddings too, so I'll be prepared to not be shocked and upset if that's the case. I guess I could pay the little extra to have the stylists at the salon fix a rose in to my hair instead if it comes down to it.

Do you have your photos available for public viewing anywhere? I love the two pictures I've seen from you so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    To MissouriCouple,

Thank you for sharing the picture of you and your new husband under the pretty little gazebo! I agree with you about the added privacy of the gazebo location being more appealing, and I like that it's a sturdy structure, but it looks dainty too, due to the little cut-out design on the top! I saw a glimpse of it in the photos Couples has posted in their wedding gallery, and I was hopeful that it was a fixture at CTI.

Where is it located? It appears to be in a somewhat shaded area (A great feature for pictures!), and the sea wall indicates that it's somewhat close to the beach, but can you see the island from there?

I'm sorry you didn't get orchids! I'm making an orchid hairpiece to match the orchid bouquet that I'm hoping they will actually have....But I've heard other couples mention that CTI was somehow "out" of orchids for their weddings too, so I'll be prepared to not be shocked and upset if that's the case. I guess I could pay the little extra to have the stylists at the salon fix a rose in to my hair instead if it comes down to it.

Do you have your photos available for public viewing anywhere? I love the two pictures I've seen from you so far!

To the right of the gazebo is the swim up pool. To the left is just some empty space then a path curves around the building. It was very quiet. All the people at the pool obviously watched us (which wasn't a lot of people), and the people who were out on their balcony. All of them were very respectful and were quiet, which I appreciated. Some weddings I saw on the beach, some people were kinda loud and disrespectful, most likely due to alcohol It depends what time of the day you get married. We got married at 4pm and it was shaded. You can definitely see the island in the background, it's to the right of the gazebo. Depending on where your photographer stands, you could have it in the background of your pictures. That's the funny thing, they somehow had orchids to put in my hair, lol!! She didn't charge me for them either Oh well, seriously the flowers were my only complaint about the wedding, so I am thankful everything went well.

I don't have any pictures posted publicly, I'm still going through the 3000 pictures my photographer took. Can't decided, wayyyy to many!! She has some posted on her business FB page that are public:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6436558&type=3

Or you can add me on FB if you have it, my name is Erin LePage

Erin,

Your photographer did an excellent job of capturing the happiness and peace you and your husband experienced on your wedding day! I loved each photo and thank you so much for sharing them!

And thank you for describing the location of the gazebo! My fiance and I will scope it out the day we arrive at CTI, and I have a feeling we will choose to marry there as well. We're scheduled to get married at 11:00 am, but we might decide to move our wedding to 4:00 if the shade covers that spot at that time. I really don't want to be baking in the sun while we exchange vows. We're getting married on a random Monday, so we probably won't really have to fight for a change in the time. We'll see.