Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default Anyone getting or got married on a friday??

    Ok i need advice our wedding is booked for 18th December 2010 at sunset,i have just been informed while trying to book a private reception on the beach for our party of around 30 that we will not be able to go ahead as friday night is beach party night..
    I am now in panic as changing the date is not an option..
    Apparantly none of the restaurants will accomodate us in a large group and we do not want to have our reception indoors in one of the function rooms..
    Has anyone crashed the beach party on a friday,was it fun and can they accomodate large groups?? help??

  2. #2

    Default

    We were married on 2/27/09 on a Friday. It was just the 2 of us so our situation is different from yours. We were married @4pm. Our wedding and pics ended @5:45 and then we went to the Martini Bar to celebrate and then we went to the Friday Beach party which is outside as our own personal very large wedding reception. Very fun!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
    Ok i need advice our wedding is booked for 18th December 2010 at sunset,i have just been informed while trying to book a private reception on the beach for our party of around 30 that we will not be able to go ahead as friday night is beach party night..
    I am now in panic as changing the date is not an option..
    Apparantly none of the restaurants will accomodate us in a large group and we do not want to have our reception indoors in one of the function rooms..
    Has anyone crashed the beach party on a friday,was it fun and can they accomodate large groups?? help??
    I forgot to mention we are staying at CSA

  4. #4

    Default

    I am planning a wedding at CN 7/15/10, which is a Thursday and CN beach party night. I actually planned it around the beach party, thinking that would be the most fun to go to!!! I didn't even think about them not accomadating us there?...Hmm now i'm wondering! were expecting 10-20guest!

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm not sure about CSA but I know that some friends of ours got married at San Souci last year and pretty much had the same dilemma. We did end up celebrating at a beach party which was really cool but we were not accommodated anymore then anyone else there which is fair. Also, guests who were not staying at the resort had to leave after their pass time was up.

    The thing is, which some people I think sometimes forget, is that it's a "couples" resort, that's not just the name. One of the things our travel agent had mentioned was that they really aim for an intimate and romantic environment. So if I had to guess, I suppose the reason they don't go out of their way to accomodate receptions at beach parties is b/c it might take away from the experience of the other couples who are there. I would almost feel like I was intruding on someone's party if there were 30 people from a wedding there and they were all getting special accommodations compared to everyone else. But quite honestly, I think your guests would have a great time at the beach party regardless...we did!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Jacqueline, wow, its funny Im dealing with the same issue, I also planned my wedding on a friday night during the "beach party", I cannot change my date cause I already sent out my save the dates, we wanted to do the private dinner as well, I was under the impression that I could have a private dinner somewhere else other then the beach, nope they do not accomadate ANY private functions at all friday nights, I was so bummed and didnt know what to do, my wedding is also sunset, thought it would be great to follow up with a nice intimate dinner with friends and family but cant. Well we re going to just enjoy the beach party with our guests and hope for the best. I'm sure it will turn out fun and entertaining, ill let you know lol.

  7. #7

    Default

    Our friends got married at CSA on a Friday evening. The beach party got moved to the Palms and the poolside area due to possible storms which didn't happen at all. Anyway, they actually had bigger tables that sit around 10 person. It is a buffet so your guests will not get served. From our experience, you could just get maybe 3-4 tables off at a corner to have your reception, just don't expect it to be very private and you do have to worry about the possibility of intriguing other guests. But then, ours wasn't the regular beach party so yours will probably be different

    By the way, we got married on Dec 18, 2008 It'll be our one year anniversary on your wedding day! You can take a look at our photo album http://pinkiiicat.multiply.com/photo...amaica_Dec_08#
    Photo DSC_0430 to DSC_0461 are pictures of the "indoor" beach party

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Thank you so much for the beautiful photos i have seen photos of you both on the message board and they are just stunning...
    ok ive made a HUGE mistake,ive been in such a mess worrying about getting things organized for the wedding that i was looking at this years calendar insted of next years,our wedding is booked on a saturday..i new i was thorough when i made the booking with Tamika at CSA,i made sure there was nothing going on on a saturday night so we could go ahead and have a private function...funny thing is i was actually getting used to the idea of a friday night celebration at the beach party..
    My mistake...lol

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridetobe View Post
    Jacqueline, wow, its funny Im dealing with the same issue, I also planned my wedding on a friday night during the "beach party", I cannot change my date cause I already sent out my save the dates, we wanted to do the private dinner as well, I was under the impression that I could have a private dinner somewhere else other then the beach, nope they do not accomadate ANY private functions at all friday nights, I was so bummed and didnt know what to do, my wedding is also sunset, thought it would be great to follow up with a nice intimate dinner with friends and family but cant. Well we re going to just enjoy the beach party with our guests and hope for the best. I'm sure it will turn out fun and entertaining, ill let you know lol.
    why not head to the cliffs/west end for a private incredible intimate dinner over looking the crashing waves. why be "bummed"

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
    Thank you so much for the beautiful photos i have seen photos of you both on the message board and they are just stunning...
    ok ive made a HUGE mistake,ive been in such a mess worrying about getting things organized for the wedding that i was looking at this years calendar insted of next years,our wedding is booked on a saturday..i new i was thorough when i made the booking with Tamika at CSA,i made sure there was nothing going on on a saturday night so we could go ahead and have a private function...funny thing is i was actually getting used to the idea of a friday night celebration at the beach party..
    My mistake...lol
    haha... problem solved!
    one less thing to worry about

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •