Default How it ALL started - Original Couples brochure - 1978

A classic and historic start to Couples Resorts. This is the cover of our first brochure - 1978Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 5293
Size:  50.0 KB

From original painting by Canadian artist - Heather Cooper.
    Name:  2012-04-08_100212.jpg
Views: 5342
Size:  86.8 KB
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 8th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Couples Resorts

Thanks for sharing!

i'm not gona lie, that painting is kinda disturbing

Wow! That is...interesting. I especially like the breasts on the female lion.

This brings back wonderful memories of COR! I still have my Couples Rum bottle with this label! 11 years old and still unopened. LOVE the lions!

Randymon,

When did the symbol change to the palm trees and why.
    Currer Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-n-Lori View Post
    This brings back wonderful memories of COR! I still have my Couples Rum bottle with this label! 11 years old and still unopened. LOVE the lions!
    I also have my rum bottle with that label unopened that I won in 2003 from COR.

Nothing says "Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" more than that

I love Couples, but just.....ew. Glad they changed that.

I am with yuo MONA, so glad they changed .

We also still have an unopened rum bottle with the 'lion label', to be honest we're too embarrassed to offer it to anyone!! I too am glad they changed to the palm trees, I used to squirm whenever we arrived at COR and saw those lions portrayed on the gateposts.

I'm now happy to recommend Couples to all my friends without having to explain that the lions logo was not a true description of the type of couples hotel where we spend our holidays!!!

Mad about tennis

Quote Originally Posted by pjrjr View Post
    I also have my rum bottle with that label unopened that I won in 2003 from COR.
    I also still have mine. I loved the Lions!
    Dianavr

I think I still have a brochure with that picture from our honeymoon at COR in 1987!

Went to COR on the honeymoon in 1981 and have the bottle of rum and brochure to prove it. There are still a few remnants of the old COR logo at CTI, if you look closely. Check out the doors on the restrooms at the CTI tennis courts. And there are two other spots I know of, but you'll have to find them for yourselves.

Randy-I hope this post doesn't lead to the old logo's getting painted over. It's pretty cool finding these hidden gems. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    A classic and historic start to Couples Resorts. This is the cover of our first brochure - 1978Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 5293
Size:  50.0 KB

From original painting by Canadian artist - Heather Cooper.
    Name:  2012-04-08_100212.jpg
Views: 5342
Size:  86.8 KB
    The Lions captured the essence of what COR has and provides to all those that understood the meaning in the art:

If you look at the "couple”, they could only be playing around not doing other activities as some may have suggested. It is this original COR atmosphere of a loving playful fun, remembering why and who we married which captured so so many of us long-term repeaters for COR. The embracing lions still represent all that TI offers to those that come looking for that fun loving spark which may have been lost or hidden by the daily grind. They also fit in with the original lush gardens and tropical pools and streams COR had along with complete relaxation in the sun that only the lions seem to have on the Savannah.
    Mark & Sylvia

bowmanswell, it's so much more fun to be dirty-minded when looking at that image!

Although the lioness does look kind of bored, so maybe the lion isn't all that he thinks he is...

Jason
    CTI trip 2 in:
    412 days!

PS. To anyone who spewed their beverage from my comment, I apologize, but I won't be replacing your keyboard!

warren.cple, agreed on both accounts. Us lions never match up to our wives beauty and poise.

Have fun at your new home in 2 days. Don't forget the lions...

Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

LOVE - LOVE - LOVE the "twisted palm" logo ..... Don't care for the lion themed logo ..... I'm the biggest animal lover anywhere (especially cats - since Max & Ernie are my cat children) but to me, that's just a wee bit odd for a resort logo ...... Unless it was a Couples resort in Africa maybe ............. ???? Doesn't seem to fit with Jamaica at all.
    Julie

We are proud to say ...we have and have hanging in our bedroom this poster, framed and preserved !
    That logo was know throught the world in the 70's and 80's....I also own the gold and silver charm and wear them proudly. No one was offended...there was only Couple Tower Isle at the time...
    Thank you Abe Issa....

Gawd I would love to have a print of this! Nice breasts on the lioness!
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 24th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

I have a set of stuffed lions from the first time I ever went to Couples at COR in 1995.
    It was repeaters week and the staff put gifts in the room everynight, including this. They are nestled next to each other, nothing dirty with velcro holding them together.

BTW they are stuffed animal toy lions, not trophies. LOL

In 1988 I believe we were treated by the logo on the front gate

Jim & Rita

Have copies of the brochures above and another brochure from our honeymoon in 1980 w/AJ Brown who autographed it this past January. He looks a lot better now - ever told him so.

So very upset that they took them away (special to me) that I have a permanent reminder on my butt and no one can take that away - LOL.

In regards to why they changed the logo - heard travel agents and guests were offended by it. How did we all come about? Would love for them to bring them back - Please?

That logo would make me think the resort is more like Hedonism. Not a fan but, having lived through the 70's I can see where the inspiration was derived from at that time.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography