Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default CSA to Pirate's Cove?

    I was just looking at the Couple site and under what was included at CSA, it mentioned a shuttle to "Pirate's Cove" Does anyone know what this is? Is it a shopping area or another restaurant or something? Would anyone recommend it?

    2 weeks until my fiance and I are headed to CSA for our honeymoon, and I cannot WAIT!

  2. #2

    Default

    It is a smaller version of Rick's on the cliffs of Negril. Not sure if they still cliff jump from there or not. Click on here to take a look: http://negril-jamaica-videos.com/bar...ates-cove.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Pirate's Cove? Not sure about that. I'm thinking that might be an old artifact... unless they were referring to where the Catamaran stops for a bit of swimming and exploring... This has had a number of names over the years, including St. Joseph's Cave (its official placename) and Pirate's Cave for the caves that are found there. It is famous as the place that Steve McQueen jumped off the cliff at the end of the movie "Papillon". The bar at the top of the cliff, no longer accessible from below, is (or was) PushCart. The Rockhouse Restaurant is next door.
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Also, as of 2010, the lawyers have officially discovered Jamaica. The only place you can jump now is at Rick's (after signing the necessary wavers). Before that, you could swim into Pirate's Cave, climb the blowhole ladder, pay $2 for a drink, then jump back down into the lagoon to swim back to the Catamaran.

    Those were fun times!
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Sign a waver at Ricks?? Since when? Last year bothmy Hubby and 12 yr old son jumped. We have been going to Ricks for years and have never been asked to sign a waver??? I am surprised anyone would tell you that you cant jump at Pirates cove which I believe the name has been changed to Push Cart???
    Mary & Mitch

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    I'd be surprised if there weren't a waiver at Rick's, but maybe I'm talking out of school on that one. Like I said, the lawyers have arrived.

    Good luck jumping at Pushcart. If you're a rock climber, you can get back up the cliff that way (like the local mini-rastas do). But the blow hole, last I checked (October), is closed for business... you can't get up there from down here anymore. It has been for two years, but if anyone knows that this has changed, weigh in!
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tara_Y View Post
    I was just looking at the Couple site and under what was included at CSA, it mentioned a shuttle to "Pirate's Cove" Does anyone know what this is? Is it a shopping area or another restaurant or something? Would anyone recommend it?

    2 weeks until my fiance and I are headed to CSA for our honeymoon, and I cannot WAIT!
    The Shuttle to Pirate's Cave is the same as the Sunset Bar Shuttle from CN. It takes you to Pushcart, which is the outdoor bar/restaurant at the top of Pirate's Cave, the Cat Cruise swim stop.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tangles66 View Post
    ... I am surprised anyone would tell you that you cant jump at Pirates cove which I believe the name has been changed to Push Cart???
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ...Good luck jumping at Pushcart. If you're a rock climber, you can get back up the cliff that way (like the local mini-rastas do). But the blow hole, last I checked (October), is closed for business... you can't get up there from down here anymore. It has been for two years, but if anyone knows that this has changed, weigh in!
    In January of this year the ladder up through the blow hole was still boarded up and they would not allow any jumping. Push Cart is the name of the bar/restaurant (associated with the Rockhouse Hotel) and sits above what is alternately referred to as Pirate's Cove or Pirate's Cave.

    MrandMrsBean posted their pics (which are very nice, btw) from a recent trip (to CN rather than CSA, but still talking about the same place in Negril) that have the signs showing
    "NEGRIL, Push Cart, at Pirate's Cave"
    and "Cliff Jumping Forbidden at Push Cart"
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...arch-7-17-2012

    The particular images are 4 or 5 pages down, or more specifically these two:

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-n...k/DSCN0075.JPG

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-y...k/DSCN0105.JPG


    fwiw, there are several pictures earlier in the album from a trip to Rick's that show all the warning/legal disclaimer stuff for jumpers. I wouldn't know if there are waivers required as we've avoided that place for years.
    Last edited by rudi; April 12th, 2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wish I could spell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •