Default Another transportation question....Sorry...:(

Hi All...I'm sorry to be asking yet another transportation question as I'm sure this has been asked 50,000 times before but I really need to know...so hoping someone can answer. Me and the hubby will be staying in Montego Bay for a wedding before we head to Couples Swept Away. On the day we head to Negril, we will get transportation back to the airport, as I know thats where we have to catch the Couples shuttle bus. So, the question I have for you would be...when we arrive will our names be on the list for the shuttle? I did do a pre check-in and on the arrival section I typed Ground instead of an air arrival. Was this correct to do? And, how do I know what time we should arrive at the airport for the shuttle? Thanks in advance!! 44 days til CSA!!!

If you go to the bottom of the page on the Couples site there is a contact us link. It will get you both email and phone numbers to make sure you get the most accurate info on this. Most people fly into Jamaica and it may take a while to find someone with this same situation to help you. Contacting Couples directly is always your best option if you are not sure.

You are on your own to get to Negril, sorry. IF you can get transportation from the airport, getting to the airport from the Montego Bay resort would be your responsibility. You can't just go into the arrivals area for pick up. There have been times when those making a Couples resort switch have been taken in by the first Couples driver to the shuttle area and then transferred to the next shuttle.Good luck with the transfers.
    Vicky

Good question, and its one that has only been addressed once or twice in the past, in my recollection (and I've been around a LONG time). As I recall from previous posts, you need to let your transport TO the airport know that you need to get to the Couples shuttle departure point at the airport. That's where I get confused, because I'm not sure that you can get into the building at this point. All I can offer is for you to watch for someone wearing a Couples nametag... they'll be helping at the door with folks departing to their shuttles. I KNOW that they'll be able to help you.

As for how often the Couples shuttles leave, they leave whenever necessary to get you to your resort.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I may be confused, but it sounds like you are going from the wedding in MoBay back to Sangster to catch a ride to CSA on the Couples transport? If that is the case you may find this more difficult to arrange than you realize. The Couples Lounge and the area where the buses are loaded to take guests to their resorts are in a part of the airport that is on the 'secure' side of the airport (meaning only employees and guests arriving off their planes can get there. You would need to go through TSA , but you really can't because you need a boarding pass to do so. The Couples shuttles load and depart from an area that you cannot really get to when you go back to the airport from MoBay. It could be that if you don't take the transport to Negril when you arrive you might have to arrange something specific with Couples to catch a ride or perhaps even get yourself to Negril. Hopefully this will not be the case, but I have seen this happen to people before.... but not specifically with Couples so they may be able to find a way to make it work for you. They may need to have you meet the bus outside after the bus leaves airport grounds.

Maybe Couples has a normal way of providing what you need, and if so I would be interested to know how it works. I am just guessing (and am wrong all the time.... just ask my wife!) but you may not be able to easily do what you are trying to do.

I hope I am way wrong, or that I am not understanding your situation. I am eager to hear how this will work, if it does.
    Best of luck!

Arrive when you would like. They will have you on the book because you are booked to stay there. You are good to go.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hi Sorry I can't be much help on whether you can get on the Couples airport shuttle bus from outside the airport and, as explained so clearly above by rhallva, I would have thought it could be difficult.

However, I really think you should contact Couples direct especially as you have completed the pre-check in as Ground Arrival, I should think that this means you will be arriving direct at the hotel as this is how Jamaican residents arrive, eg by car or taxi.

Let's know how it works out.

Mad about tennis

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I may be confused, but it sounds like you are going from the wedding in MoBay back to Sangster to catch a ride to CSA on the Couples transport? If that is the case you may find this more difficult to arrange than you realize. The Couples Lounge and the area where the buses are loaded to take guests to their resorts are in a part of the airport that is on the 'secure' side of the airport (meaning only employees and guests arriving off their planes can get there. You would need to go through TSA , but you really can't because you need a boarding pass to do so. The Couples shuttles load and depart from an area that you cannot really get to when you go back to the airport from MoBay. It could be that if you don't take the transport to Negril when you arrive you might have to arrange something specific with Couples to catch a ride or perhaps even get yourself to Negril. Hopefully this will not be the case, but I have seen this happen to people before.... but not specifically with Couples so they may be able to find a way to make it work for you. They may need to have you meet the bus outside after the bus leaves airport grounds.

Maybe Couples has a normal way of providing what you need, and if so I would be interested to know how it works. I am just guessing (and am wrong all the time.... just ask my wife!) but you may not be able to easily do what you are trying to do.

I hope I am way wrong, or that I am not understanding your situation. I am eager to hear how this will work, if it does.
    Best of luck!
    No need to fret with all of this. Take a cab to Sangster, have them drop you at the terminal, get a porter or airport worker to snag a Couples employee; done. We've done this several times and posted on it 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    No need to fret with all of this. Take a cab to Sangster, have them drop you at the terminal, get a porter or airport worker to snag a Couples employee; done. We've done this several times and posted on it 4-5.
    Thank you soo much! I was hoping someone that has already done this will respond. Just one quick question...how did you fill out the pre-check in form?

Oh...and thanks to all for your quick replies. I know I could always count on my Couples family to respond!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks2010 View Post
    Just one quick question...how did you fill out the pre-check in form?
    We did it online this past trip We also make it a point to stop into the lounge before departing to our MoBay hotel to let them know we're in the country and will be back tomorrow. Overkill? Maybe.