Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Check for the difference between domestic and international flights. Most airlines let you take 1 or 2 bags free on international flights. Charged bag fees are usually for domestic flights here in the states.

As someone has already said- it depends when you purchased your ticket......so I know I'm repeating someone but wanted to brag that we won't be paying for checked luggage We purchased our tickets last summer (yes 11 months prior) so by doing so we each get a free checked bag--also got the lowest rates, over $300 per person cheaper than any other posted fare since--this is the reason we always buy our tickets waaayyyy in advance.

***Also Delta does consider Jamaica as Carribean....it is an international flight but with that said if you click on "Carribean" under the area for checked bag fees Jamaica is listed there with all the other islands...but really if the bag fee is too much- then just pack the bathing suits in a carry on and enjoy!!!

get an amex card then 1st checked bag for up to 8 people free every flight every day

That is such a RIP_OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Loveinjamaica View Post
    That is such a RIP_OFF

You think that's bad---my brother just flew with Allegiant Air--they charge for carry on luggage! And that's on top of all their other fees such as a fee to get your boarding pass, a fee for seat assignment, ect---and they don't even offer free non-alcoholic drinks and peanuts--yeah that's right not even a glass of water!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveinjamaica View Post
    That is such a RIP_OFF
    That is not a rip_off, that is business and/or capitalism.

Baggage fees are among the many things that an increasing number of air passengers are not satisfied with. The greatest collector is Delta Airlines, which accumulated almost $900 million in baggage charges alone last year. The airline will hit $1 billion in baggage charges by 2014 at its existing pace.

Quote Originally Posted by caitlee View Post
    Baggage fees are among the many things that an increasing number of air passengers are not satisfied with. The greatest collector is Delta Airlines, which accumulated almost $900 million in baggage charges alone last year. The airline will hit $1 billion in baggage charges by 2014 at its existing pace.

Really! Iím getting the peanuts AND the cookies next time.

Life is good

We fly out tomorrow and when we checked in it said 1 bag is free. I called Delta in advance and was told the same.

We fly out tomorrow and when we checked in it said 1 bag is free. I called Delta in advance and was told the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    That is not a rip_off, that is business and/or capitalism.
    And yet that simple fact is lost on so many...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2