Default Flying with your dress

We are leaving for CTI on April 21 to get married, I just had a question about those who traveled with your wedding dress. Did you take it as a carry on gourmet bag? If so did you just put it in the over head?
    Thanks
    Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Gsk119 View Post
    We are leaving for CTI on April 21 to get married, I just had a question about those who traveled with your wedding dress. Did you take it as a carry on gourmet bag? If so did you just put it in the over head?
    Thanks
    Gina
    Congrats! I got married on 3/22/12 at CTI. It depends on the plane. On our flight there, the flight attendants were able to hang it up in the closet, which I was thrilled about!! On the flight home, there was no closet on that plane so I had to stuff it above me..didn't mind as much since I already wore it

I know I read a lot of people put theirs in a carry on suitcase, but mine wouldn't have fit in one...plus I didn't want it totally wrinkled.

I was not able to hang mine so I laid it in the overhead bin on top in a garment bag. Didn't even need an iron at the resort.