Hybrid View

Default When to book CSA?

Thinking about going to CSA for our 2013 vacation. I know the sooner we book the better. Do they get filled up fast? The price for CSA is on the steep side, hopefully we can swing it this year! This resort has been on my list of "must go to" for a while now. I've been checking with travel sites; they do not have the non stop flights for 2013 posted yet. Does anyone know when they would start running the packages to Jamaica with non stop air?

Most airlines only show flights 321 days out, not quite a full year. Not certain your time frame, that may be the issue, and also not certain how they do their packaged trips. Seems to me I read the packaged trips are only put together once all their destination resorts have updated their pricing.

MTnest,
    I'm also from WI, and have been to CSA the last 3 yrs in a row.
    Non-stop charters out of MKE usually come out in May/June time frame.
    I have always booked with Funjet as soon as the Charters come out and have always
    gotten the best price this way. You could also look into flying non-stop out of Chi town, but for
    me the savings is not that much to warrant the drive in Feb/March when snow and bad
    weather can be factors.
    Keep looking at the Wed specials on the couples website as well.
    The first year we booked, we were able to get our Charter package reduced due to a Wed special.
    Enjoy your first time to paradise next year...
    RobinH

If you act before April 17, you'll get a great price compared to what you may have seen. Check out the main website for current specials. Air can be included, as long as your booking is for less than 333 days from your departure to Jamaica. Otherwise, you need to book the air separate.

We're in the process of booking our 2013 April today.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Monica and I always book CSA as early as possible. We booked CSA for Dec 2013 in January 2012 (23 months in advance). The prices from Randymon's Early Escape deals are hard to beat. That said - flights can only be booked up to 330 days in advance. That's why we book the resort only and make the airline reservations at our convenience with the carrier that gives us the best flight and price.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

We prefer to go nonstop out of MKE. We are looking at January 2013 or February 2013 . I'm just afraid that by the time the nonstop air is available the room category we are looking at will be booked up. I'm not comfortable booking just the room with no air transportation.

Robin, do you find that the packages are less expensive with Funjet verses the special now being offered with Couples? I hate to miss a good deal and end up paying a lot more.

MTnest,

We have not had a problem booking & getting the room cat that we want when we have booked in May/June for the following Feb/March, that has never been an issue for us.

I have always found that the room prices in the package Charters are always the same as what Couples is offering, and if Couples offers a special deal on the days that you have already booked (If you buy the trip insurance) Funjet will match what the deal is. They have a price guarantee in that trip insurance, not to mention cancel for any reason (100% of your money back) up to an hour before your flight leaves. (having elderly parents, makes this a must for us)

I personally will be waiting to book when the Charters come out. To us getting a nonstop out of MKE is huge, and you will not be able to book these non stops out of MKE separately, like you could if you fly out of Chicago or somewhere else.

I guess you could book now with the special, and then wait to see when the Charters come out, how the pricing compares.

I have done the waiting game the last 3 years and was not dissappointed in the deal that I received. It really is all about what is important to you. I like the fact that we are in paradise in 4.5 hrs. I do not want the hassle of transferring planes or flying into another city the day before to get a nonstop just to save a $100, it's not worth it to me.

I give up a lot of things during the year to be able to afford and book with the Charters out of MKE... but that's just me... nothing is more important to me, than getting back to paradise the following year...

Robin,

Like you, we much prefer the non-stop flights. Connecting flights/layovers can be a challenge to say the least. I will try to be patient and wait to see what Funjet or Apple comes up with. This waiting can be stressful! We've always purchase the travel insurance in the past, fortunaltley never had to use it.

What room catagory do you usually book? We are leaning toward either the Ocean Verendah or Beachfront Verendah. In your opinion does the room location really matter that much? I've read to stear clear fo the Garden Verendah due to road noise. We are the beach type, close to the beach is somewhat important to us. IMO we can lay by a pool back home, why go to Jamaica and do that when we have the beach, blue waters......

THANKS!

Mtnest,

First year we book the Beachfront Suites in the original section, the second and third year Atrium in the original section... we will only stay in the Atrium on future trips, this allows us to stay an additional day...

Quote Originally Posted by RobinH View Post
    MTnest,

We have not had a problem booking & getting the room cat that we want when we have booked in May/June for the following Feb/March, that has never been an issue for us.

I have always found that the room prices in the package Charters are always the same as what Couples is offering, and if Couples offers a special deal on the days that you have already booked (If you buy the trip insurance) Funjet will match what the deal is. They have a price guarantee in that trip insurance, not to mention cancel for any reason (100% of your money back) up to an hour before your flight leaves. (having elderly parents, makes this a must for us)

I personally will be waiting to book when the Charters come out. To us getting a nonstop out of MKE is huge, and you will not be able to book these non stops out of MKE separately, like you could if you fly out of Chicago or somewhere else.

I guess you could book now with the special, and then wait to see when the Charters come out, how the pricing compares.

I have done the waiting game the last 3 years and was not dissappointed in the deal that I received. It really is all about what is important to you. I like the fact that we are in paradise in 4.5 hrs. I do not want the hassle of transferring planes or flying into another city the day before to get a nonstop just to save a $100, it's not worth it to me.

I give up a lot of things during the year to be able to afford and book with the Charters out of MKE... but that's just me... nothing is more important to me, than getting back to paradise the following year...
    What airlines fly non-stop from MKE or ORD? We are going in Nov this year and I can only find flights with stops. We live in between these two airports.

JohnieReb,

Non stops out of MKE (Charters) are all done for the year and will not start again until Jan?
    ORD non-stops are with American Airlines, on Sat & Sundays...

Our Travel Agent gets us non-stop flights through Apple Vacations...You might check with an agent, sometimes they have better deals!