Thread: Canadians?

Default Canadians?

My wife and I have just started to get the Jamaican Couples Resort fever. Have never been to Jamaica before but sure want to go next January 2013. We have been looking through the Canada tour operators vacation books from 2011/2012 season and notice there are some very attractive early booking bonuses if they trip is booked and payed for by August 19th, 2011 for the 2012 season.

So in seeing those and if the tour operators offer those 2520 dollar/per week early booking bonuses again this year - will the savings be more significant that booking now with the 2013 early escapes deal that ends on April 17th??????

Just a question that some of you veteran canadian Couples maybe be able to offer some insite into.

Thanks for your help.

Where in canuckville do you live?? We are counting down to our second trip to CSS and have never paid that much for our trip.

We are in Winnipeg. We have been looking at last years books for Westjet and Air Canada. They don't show prices but have an early booking bonus for up to 2520.00 per week per couple if you book and pay by August 19th. We are wondering how that would compare to the savings offered by Couples Resorts with the 2013 early escape rates on the site here.

I research both sides and found that we were not really saving by booking directly with Couples when airfare was considered. Try booking through Couples directly WITH airfare included and it'll tell you how much it'll cost. Also try through a travel agent website like selloffvacations as Couples does deal with agents as well and then compare the two. I don't look at how much we are saving but how much we are spending. From what I understand is the early booking savings will get to you either way and there will probably be only a little difference between them.

Wow! I think it's a great price! Last year we paid $3000 through expedia (another couple had paid $4000) and this year it jumped to 3500. We live outside of Toronto.
    Someone got it cheaper than 2250?

Including airfare.....

Hi wendymcc,

Just to clarify, Westjet and Air Canada were offering savings of up to $2520 per couple per week at CN if you booked and paid in full by August 19th 2011. I don't know what the final cost would be after these savings. And that $2520 saving would be on the highest room catagory i would suspect.

Still seems like a great deal! Hope you get some sweet savings!

We just booked for 2013. We did it once before and did not find any cheaper deals. The way I see it, book the deal direct with Couples. You can cancel up to 45 days before your departure with a full refund. If you see a better deal. Cancel with couples and book that deal.

Well we took the plunge and booked for two weeks in Jan 2013. This is our first time ever to Jamaica and can't wait. Just hope we can find a good deal on a round trip flight and we will be set!

Thanks for the advice!

Dave,

I am sure that you will find that it will work out cheaper booking the flight and hotel seperately. Just keep watching the flight prices about six months in advance, then you will know what is a good price when there is a sale on. Good luck, and I know you will love Couples and Jamaica. What resort did you pick? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by wendymcc View Post
    Wow! I think it's a great price! Last year we paid $3000 through expedia (another couple had paid $4000) and this year it jumped to 3500. We live outside of Toronto.
    Someone got it cheaper than 2250?
    Just booked directly through Couples for Oct 2013 cost with Early Escapes and Love Away plan 2160.00 US$. Live in Port Colborne ON and fly out of Toronto. Will get flight later.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

We booked with Couples Negril. Got the resort booked and hope to book WestJet for the flight when a decent price comes along. Do we need to contact Couples and let them know our flight itinerary when we book our flight???

No you don't have to inform them until you do the pre check in, a week before you leave. When you do the pre check in, you also get to pick what you want in your mini bar, and it should be there when you arrive. You will need to sighn up for romance rewards first, if you have not already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave476 View Post
    My wife and I have just started to get the Jamaican Couples Resort fever. Have never been to Jamaica before but sure want to go next January 2013. We have been looking through the Canada tour operators vacation books from 2011/2012 season and notice there are some very attractive early booking bonuses if they trip is booked and payed for by August 19th, 2011 for the 2012 season.

So in seeing those and if the tour operators offer those 2520 dollar/per week early booking bonuses again this year - will the savings be more significant that booking now with the 2013 early escapes deal that ends on April 17th??????

Just a question that some of you veteran canadian Couples maybe be able to offer some insite into.

Thanks for your help.
    We just booked the early booking deal and got 1 week at CSS with a 4 level upgrade (Beach front suite) and a week at CN. Total is $4138 nad we'll book our flight when a deal comes along.

Oh yeah. I'm replying from CSS while the wife is getting her massage.