Thread: Second trip

Default Second trip

Hey all,
    Looking for some advice. We are planning a second trip to Jamaica this coming year. We honeymooned at CN in May of this year. We absolutely LOVED it sooo much.
    Couples has our hearts for sure.
    Our dilema is that we don't know if we should try a different Couples resort or stick with what we know and love. We are so scared that another resort won't compare to CN, and its not cheap so we don't want to regret it.
    Should we try another resort? UGH!!

We too are HOOKED on CN. For our 10 year anniv. we switched it up and went to CTI. CTI is a beautiful resort but very different from CN. We did the day trip to CSS and it had the CN vibe.

Very hard question. Look over the included trips and pictures at each resort and see if only turns your fancy.

Just remember the resorts are all different and have a different vibe, but all are great.
    Irie Mon

Bethbilly,

After 2 trips to CN we tried CSS and fell in love with CSS as well, so much so that we are returning to CSS next April.

I was scared to death just like you, but I am so glad we went outside our comfort zone, I like new experiences, yet want the security of knowing every little ting gonna be alright. Choosing another couples resort we had the best of both, a new adventure and knowing it would be great!

We have been to them all and the one piece of advice I can give you, if you choose a different Couples, is NOT to expect CN. If you do, then you will be disappointed because they are all different and great in their own way. If you don't want things to be different, then stick with CN and what you know. Have fun!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We first went to CSA. Now after 7 trips I would like to to try another resort. CTI with it's recent remodel appeals to me, CN with it's big beach, but I always think of what my accounting teacher used to tell me--"go with the knowns". We know where everything is at CSA and we know the system, the people, etc...

Needless to say we have trip 8 booked and it's to CSA.

We're working our way around the four - heading to the third in November. Bottom line for us is that they all have the Couples vibe, so you know what to expect, but, as Amy said, they each have their own individual feel so it doesn't feel repetitive.

The wife and I made CSS our first Couples resort. We absolutely loved it! We went back to CSS the following year and met some couples that were CTI nuts but had been displaced due to the construction. We decided to give CTI a try this past May and we were so worried that it wouldn't be the same. It wasn't the same, but it was still fantastic in its own way. We liked it so much we are planning on going back to CTI in May 2010.

In the meantime, we are booking a trip with my parents and my mom wants to go to CSA so guess what? We will be trying our 3rd Couples resort. Am I worried? Nope. My biggest complaint is that CSA has no A/N section which my wife and I have come to love, but its still Couples. It will be a wonderful trip, filled with great memories. We also plan to take a day trip to CN to see that resort (and A/N beach for a day) to see if we might want to stay there someday.

I say try something different, just keep it with Couples. We were hesitant to try CTI this year, how could it be like the great times we had at CSS? It was great, just different. Some things about CSS I liked better than CTI, and vice versa, but its still the staff that make Couples what it is. I'm quite looking forward to 7 mile beach, even though my wife and I aren't huge on the beach, we just like to relax and enjoy with no worries.

I can relate to your issue..For years I was a CN loyalist "only".
    To make a long story short,I was talked into trying CSS..I fell in love with CSS..T-total love...And then I tried CTI and again,it was t-total love..I now have CSA in my sights.

I now truly believe that we all should try the four resorts of Couples..I never thought for a second that I woul ever say this.

TRY ALL OF THE COUPLES RESORTS.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 6th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

I would say as long as you stay within the "Couples" resorts chain all will be good. I think it all comes down to expectation management - every resort is different and if you think you will find yourselves comparing it to CN then definitely go back to CN. It's taken us 5 trips at CN to venture to another Couples property which we will do in December by visiting CSS. The best part is there will be people we've met along the way so although the resort will be different we sill see some familiar faces and from what I hear the same level of service and pampering. Couples has been our first Caribbean experience and with all the praises we got our first trip to CN we figured why mess with perfection. Couples Resorts is what makes the destination to Jamaica so easy for us.
    ... it keepsh me shane

I think you should try Swept Away. It will be a lot like CN. We are big CN loyalists. I really want to go to CSA but I can't get my husband out of CN. The two resorts are close together and have beautiful beaches. I KNOW I would love both.