Default April CSA 1st Annual Horseshoe Tourney

Looking for fun loving people interested in participating in a two person team horseshoe tournament on Monday April 16th. Suggested start time is 1:00 pm
    Suggested format is $25.00 (usd) per person entry fee with all proceeds being donated to the ISSA Children's Foundation. The winning team will receive embroidered tee shirts with TEAM CSA 2012 Horshoe Champs. We will run a bracket format and depending on the number of teams, decide whether to run it as single or double elimination. Please reply to this thread if you are interested and let's have some fun and donate to a great cause

Mick CSA 4/13 through 4/21

Mick

Thanks for taking this idea and running with it.

I'm in. Kevin I need a partner.

Tom

Mick...

I will be seeing Steve this weekend so I will check with him, but count me in. I still can't figure out why horses need shoes

Paul

Team,
    Looks as though we have four confirmed teams thus far
    Mick and Bill
    Tim and Mike
    Tom and Kevin
    Paul and Steve

BTW, the ladies are also invited, at my 4th of July cookout last year my wife and sister in law were unbeatable.

Should be a fun event, I will start tuning up this weekend if weather permits.
    Mick

I can't believe these guys think they have a chance to Win. Steve and I are bringing our own shoes. My flip flops are awsome and my Tommy Bahama Boat shoes can't be beat!

Paul

I thought Bill was my partner? Jeeze.......

I just figured with all the bragging you were doing about how you and Tim whipped up on us, that we would get our just revenge.
    I saw that someone on the April CSA thread has claimed to be the favorites. HAAAAAAA

OK I'm here now...So Tom who's butts are we kicking on our vacation...*l*

OK I'm here now...So Tom who's butts are we kicking on our vacation...*l*

Bill,
    While you were out on your Navy excursion, both Mike and Tim were claiming you as their partner.
    With all the bragging Mike was doing about the beatdown they put on us at CSA in 2010, we need to stick together to reclaim our legendary dominance. This time JACK is not invited, he was a distraction last time I think. Wisconsin Tom has claimed that he and Kevin are the favorites going in, whatever?
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post
    Looking for fun loving people interested in participating in a two person team horseshoe tournament on Monday April 16th. Suggested start time is 1:00 pm
    Suggested format is $25.00 (usd) per person entry fee with all proceeds being donated to the ISSA Children's Foundation. The winning team will receive embroidered tee shirts with TEAM CSA 2012 Horshoe Champs. We will run a bracket format and depending on the number of teams, decide whether to run it as single or double elimination. Please reply to this thread if you are interested and let's have some fun and donate to a great cause

Mick CSA 4/13 through 4/21
    Hi Mick,
    Jim and I will be at CSA on the 16th - where are you playing - don't recall horseshoes - have played Bocce Ball and ping pong. We are planning on doing the trading places one day but if we don't go on Monday then we may join you. We have not played in years but always up to having fun and donating to a good charity!
    Janine

Hello,

We are in the design stage for the shirts that Kevin and I will be wearing after the tourney. I already know my and Kevin shirt sizes. I would like to bring down our shirts but just in case of a major upset, I need to know other sizes. If I ( Dorothy ) makes 1 each in a med, large, and X-large, will that cover everyone?

Tom

Janine, the horseshoe pits at CSA are just to the right on the beach as you walk towards the water from the swim up bar. There is a towel hut there and just in front of that are the pits. The more the merrier,

hope to meet you there,

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by tomdorothy View Post
    Hello,

We are in the design stage for the shirts that Kevin and I will be wearing after the tourney. I already know my and Kevin shirt sizes. I would like to bring down our shirts but just in case of a major upset, I need to know other sizes. If I ( Dorothy ) makes 1 each in a med, large, and X-large, will that cover everyone?

Tom
    Tom,
    Bill and I both wear a large, even though Mike has been working out a lot, most likely would need the extra large, got to fit those guns into the sleeves, Tim would be a x-large for the same reason?

Mick

OK Team April CSA,
    We now have 5 teams committed for the horseshoe tourney, it would be great to get 6 teams to even out the brackets. $25.00 per person with all prize money to be donated to the ISSA Childrens Foundation. Winners get bragging rights and champions tee shirts being donated by Tom and Dorothy. Maybe we can talk Oneil from the events staff to get a partner and join the fun?

I am quite sure the winning team will come from the group in this picture, but heck Lehigh beat Duke so I guess anything can happen?
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post
    Janine, the horseshoe pits at CSA are just to the right on the beach as you walk towards the water from the swim up bar. There is a towel hut there and just in front of that are the pits. The more the merrier,

hope to meet you there,

Mick
    Got it - 21 days till CSA!!!
    Janine

Been going one arm curls getting ready for this tourney. Not really, just thought this thread needed to be bumped up. Anyway, throwing shoes is easy and Kevin and I should walk away with this thing. I just hope I can keep Kevin away from the Red Stripe long enough so he doesn't have blurry vision. I (Dorothy) found a great horseshoe logo for the shirts that Kevin and I will proudly wear after we win this thing.

Take care,

See ya soon

Tom

Tom, Tom ,Tom...

You need to stop putting your shoe's in your mouth. You got to remember my partner Steve is from England and he was pitching horseshoes since he could walk. I think we are the sleeper team !!! And by the way good luck with that Red Stripe and Kevin thing.

Just 18 days till tourney day !!!

Paul

Folks, I love the competitive banter, ok, so far he is what I have seen from the replies

Tom and Kevin
    Mick and Bill
    Mike and Tim
    Steve and Paul
    Jim and Janine

I will print out brackets for up to 8 teams and will create a flyer to post around the resort upon our arrival to inform those guests who may not be familiar with the message board system. This should be a fun way to help the ISSA charity as well as delivering a few servings of humble pie
    Mick aka Tom from PA

I will be bringing down 2 X-large shirts for the winners just to have them there. I (Dorothy) will make and send the proper sizes if something really weird happens and Kevin and I don't win this thing.

Tom

Well Brian and I have put all our tickets together and we have 21 so we are hoping that the buy in is no more than that.

Team "ok pour another"
    Brian and Joe

Team CSA April,
    Bumping this up one last time during our single digit dance. Looks like 5 teams for sure have taken the challenge:
    Mick and Bill from PA
    Mike and Tim from Maryland
    Tom and Kevin from Wisc and PA
    Paul and Steve from Mi and England
    Janine and Jim from NY

I have sent a message to RandyMon asking that the shoes at CSA get a fresh coat of paint prior to our arrivals, he confirmed that he has passed the message onto operations. I will also bring an announcement flyer that Randy has told me must be approved from the onsite manager prior to posting. Let's have some fun while at the same time helping out the kids of Jamaica.

Details:
    First match promptly at 1:00 pm based on draw
    If we wind up with 5 or 6 teams it will run double elimination, games to 21

ringer 3 points; leaner 1 point ; close enough to touch 1 point
    any shoe hitting the backboard is a dead shoe and will not be scored

Mick

Good Luck Team " ok pour another " love that name. Competition just got harder

Paul

OK Team CSA, last update before we leave in 2 days 17 hours 39 minutes

I think we now have 6 teams
    Mick and Bill from PA
    Mike and Tim from Maryland
    Tom and Kevin from Wisc and PA
    Paul and Steve from Mi and England
    Janine and Jim from NY
    Team "ok pour another" Brian and Joe from parts unknown

I have printed out brackets for all the way to 12 teams just in case
    Team placement will be accomplished by a blind draw, just know that we if wind up with an uneven amount of teams, some teams will get first round byes

Let's have fun and help the kids
    reminder: fee is $25.00 per player all proceeds donated to the Issa Foundation
    winners get bragging rights and custom tee shirts

Mick