Default A few questions... CSA

Well i've been doing tons of research on the MB and found it very helpful! First off my fiance and I are getting married at CSA in October 2010! Wow, yeah a long time away! Anyways we just have a few questions...

1) We don't have a credit card, and don't want to open one up, is there any other way we could pay for the trip, and the credit card they need to hold the beginning of the stay?
    2) We finally decided to stay in the atrium suite, i know there is no windows but the shutters, has anybody had a tough time with being to hot? We usually like our room coooold
    3) Since we are stayin in the atrim suite, there is no mini-bar. Are we alowed to bring our own alcohol to stay in the room?
    Brenna

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

#1. You could look into a pre-paid card that you load with the amount of money you anticipate on spending (put the cost of your trip on it before paying for the trip and then load it with the $250 deposit before you go on your trip). This way you have a "major credit card" and there will be no issues.

#2. When we stayed in a Garden Suite (also in the original section), we had no problem keeping it cool.

#3. I don't see why you couldn't bring your own alcohol, but you may find that with bars all over the place that it really isn't necessary (takes up a lot of packing space). You can always grab a couple to take back to your room.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

You won't be dissapointed with CSA. Only thing I would suggest is upgrading to a beachfront veranda suite. We stayed there last year and are going back this October. Worth every penny and then some. We had friends stay in an atrium room and they were very upset after seeing our suite. There is just no comparison to waking up to the ocean every morning!! Have a great time.

Not that I've tried it, but from what I can tell, even if you DO have a credit card, its not a bad idea to get a temporary one for travel, either as a pre-loaded money tank, a debit card or a credit card. In any case, if you DO go with a credit card, call the company to let them know when and where you're travelling to.

As for the Atrium Suites... I wouldn't let anyone steer you away... you selected it for a reason, be it for economy, the photos, that wonderful hammock, or the fact that they are just a bit more isolated than the other rooms. None of the Atriums are more than a two minute walk from the beach.

The beachfront facilities are, indeed nice, and have their own attraction. But just to give another side, we prefer the Atriums because A.) Only four couples to a building (vs 12 couples in the verandah suites), and B.) Far less traffic than on the beachfront walk, which is only steps away from most of the beachfront facilities. Its really a matter of preference.

As for the A/C, we find that it always works just fine in the Atriums... the wood shutters work as well as a window in holding in the cool air, in our opinion. There is also a ceiling fan to help circulate the air.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"