Hybrid View

Default The dress up eating event CN

What do the guys usually wear during the dining experience at CN?

Linen pants, faux animal skin shoes and silk blazers over brightly colored pastel colored t-shirts. Roll the blazer sleeves up a few times and feather your hair a bit. Add Ray-Bans and lots and LOTS of drug store cologne, and he will fit right in.

what? ....Am I the ONLY one here with good taste?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Asheville NC View Post
    Linen pants, faux animal skin shoes and silk blazers over brightly colored pastel colored t-shirts. Roll the blazer sleeves up a few times and feather your hair a bit. Add Ray-Bans and lots and LOTS of drug store cologne, and he will fit right in.

what? ....Am I the ONLY one here with good taste?!?
    Isn't that the Don Johnson look?

Quote Originally Posted by WISteve View Post
    Isn't that the Don Johnson look?
    Yes it is, keep in mind that at one time he was very "hot"!

I usually go with a nice pair of Dockers or linen pants with a nice button down shirt. Remember to have a closed toe shoe for the fancy dinners. I wear a closed toe sandal that looks just like a shoe.

Enjoy your stay.

Typically shorts, unless you are going to the nice restrauant, then long pants and closed toe shoes are needed.

Hey Ashville. That was funny! New To CN this place really is casual. It's only at the one restaurant at night that the guys need to wear long slacks. Shorts are fine all other times.

The only real "dressy" dress code is for Otaheite. Long pants can mean khakis, dress pants, linens, whatever. Just don't wear jeans or exercise pants or anything like that. Shoes can be pretty much whatever, as long as they are closed toe and not sandals. Shirt must be collared, which can be button-up resort wear (e.g. Tommy Bahama-style), polo shirt, etc. It's "island dress up", not prom or homecoming type dress up.

C'mon...Are there really any other looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Asheville NC View Post
    C'mon...Are there really any other looks?
    You are a fashion plate aren't you.

It's dates all of us, but that screamed Don Johnson to be too!!

Isnt it interesting that the material your pants are made of or the color determines whether you will be acceptable or not? This is what I wanted to avoid in a vacation. I'll go for the linen look. closed toe shoes might suck a little. I"ve been to jamaica before but it was to work in the mountains, we wore boots. What do the women wear?