Default AN beach issue at CN

We have today returned home from yet another great 2 weeks at CN.
    Hoping to return again next year all being well !

There were rumours over the last couple of days that the Breezes Hotel next door, is possibly to become a family friendly Hotel.
    Because of this we understand that they were in discussions with CN regarding making the AN Beach at CN more private, ( ie with fences or trees along the shore line ).

Fingers crossed, these are only rumours.

Wondered if anyone else had heard anything, and if this is true.

Thank you

S and J

That would mean neither Couples Resort in Negril would have an A/N beach....that would be a deal breaker for us and we have no interest in the Couples resorts over near Ocho Rios.
    Hope this never happens.....why should Couples have to change just because that other hotel can't make a go of it?
    They were Grand Lido then Breezes now another change...when will they figure out that they're doing something wrong?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Randymon????!! Could you please advise the MB of this? It, too, would be a deal breaker for us to spend our time and money at Couples resorts in Negril, if there is no AN option. What say you?
    Irie,
    TonyS

Captain Jim and tonys...did you read the initial post? There was no mention of eliminating the A/N beach, just making it more private which would actually make me more likely to go there. While I've never been to CN, I prefer CSS and CTI because of the more private A/N Settings

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    Captain Jim and tonys...did you read the initial post? There was no mention of eliminating the A/N beach, just making it more private which would actually make me more likely to go there. While I've never been to CN, I prefer CSS and CTI because of the more private A/N Settings
    I just don't want to feel closed in....we go to CN's A/N beach because you don't feel like a leper closed away some where.
    The openness at CN is the selling point over CSS & CTI
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I say make the pay for a pool,,,Then we really will have a hard choice!

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

Sounds to me like what he is saying is more trees/fencing along the beach side of the AN section - basically cutting down or eliminating ocean access. So, no pool and no beach either. That would certainly take it off our list.

I did respond to the prospect of having no AN option at CN; here's why. Not having been to CN I can understand your take, sort of. However, the AN area there is kind of 'deep' (from shore to back of AN area), but also kind of narrow from side to side, looking toward Bloody Bay. I interpreted the post to mean putting fence or trees between the AN area and the water. The public beach walking area would be on the other/sea side of the barrier suggested: Not good, and effectively cutting off the AN area from view/direct access. Yes, I did read the initial post.
    Irie,
    TonyS

oh no! We are booked for CN for July for the second year in a row. We struggled over going again or checking out SS AN. If we can't see the ocean, we would be very disappointed and would probably re-book with SS. Does anyone know if this is for sure, and if so, when? Thanks!

I have yet to figure out why Randymon or someone else from Couples does not throw in a short reply to clarify questions like this one. If this is unfounded they could just say, "Just a rumor... don't worry about it." That leads some to believe it must be in the works and Couples is avoiding telling us about it.
    Why not just comment on this possibility one way or the other Randymon? We can always be honest with each other here... you guys sell Couples Vacations.... we love and buy Couples Vacations...
    What is the deal?
    Thanks!

I went on to the Breezes website and was able to check out a price to stay at the resort in July. It was very clear that no children are permitted at that time. Soooooooooo, I guess if it is going to change, it won't until at least after July 17th. Any word Randymon?

Quote Originally Posted by wendymcc View Post
    I went on to the Breezes website and was able to check out a price to stay at the resort in July. It was very clear that no children are permitted at that time. Soooooooooo, I guess if it is going to change, it won't until at least after July 17th. Any word Randymon?
    We have just returned from CN where we heard the same rumour. Hope nothing is done to restrict the ocean view or access to the beach. It would be helpful if Randymon would comment

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I just don't want to feel closed in....we go to CN's A/N beach because you don't feel like a leper closed away some where.
    The openness at CN is the selling point over CSS & CTI
    Gotcha...that's the reason we've avoided CN because we like it more private. Hope it stays the same for you!

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    I did respond to the prospect of having no AN option at CN; here's why. Not having been to CN I can understand your take, sort of. However, the AN area there is kind of 'deep' (from shore to back of AN area), but also kind of narrow from side to side, looking toward Bloody Bay. I interpreted the post to mean putting fence or trees between the AN area and the water. The public beach walking area would be on the other/sea side of the barrier suggested: Not good, and effectively cutting off the AN area from view/direct access. Yes, I did read the initial post.
    Irie,
    TonyS
    I can see how that would be crummy...I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that they were not talking about eliminating it from the way the comments were going. Especially without a pool there, separating the beach/water would be a drag.

I say forget about beaches, if they don't want they guests seeing naked people stay away from Couples. I have not been to CN yet but plan on it, and blocking access to the water for one beach area would not be favorable to anyone using that beach.

Well, let's break it down...

Could Breezes Grand Negril become family friendly? It's possible but unlikely. First of all, it's the only Breezes I think that has its own c/o beach and that would have to go. And what would it offer families? Beaches, right down the street has a waterpark, Sesame Street characters and an Xbox game room for teens. Not to mention the former chef from Couples Negril. I just don't see Superclubs making that kind of investment.

And if Breezes became family friendly, why would Couples have to change at all? They aren't breaking the law, and the whole thing would likely become self-regulating (families would stay away from that end of the beach). Even if Couples closed off the front of the beach except for a pass through, there would still be nekkid people walking out to the water. And some of us would probably still lay right at the water's edge on floats, just to make a point.

Finally, I just can't see Couples blocking off the view to the beach. Why? Because if they did that, we would probably not go back, and lots of other A/N beach goers wouldn't either. As much as we love CN (this spring will be our 15th time I think), the sequestered a/n beach area isn't the greatest (it's the total CN package that makes us repeaters).

Greetings to all:

We cannot influence what our neighbors decide to do with their resorts. That said, we do not intend on obstructing the view of our Au Naturel beach at Couples Negril.

I would assume that it would not take long(IF Breezes next door does begin to allow children) before parents and their children avoid the end of the beach that is adjacent to our AN section. I'm just sayin.

No Worries.

Couples Resorts

Thank you Randymon!!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Yeah, seriously - if it does happen then I would think that it's up to Breezes to inform their guests about the A/N area next door and that there's nothing that can be done about it; so if nudity offends some of their guests, they'll just have to avoid that part of the beach. Couples would be doing the neighborly thing by obstructing the view from the Breezes side as much as possible but at the end of the day the beach has public access; so there's only so much that could be done anyways.

SuperClubs must be struggling as they seem to be re-branding a number of their properties and be moving to a more family-friendly orientation. I don't know if anything about Breezes really sets them apart enough from other resorts (never been to one) - I think they need to find their niche.

You really can't see into the CN beach from Breezes except at the waters edge...from the guard shed back is pretty much blocked.
    We went to Breezes in the Bahamas and were nickled & dimed to death plus the food was hardly edible.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

THANKS, RANDYMON! Your respect of neighbors and us is highly appreciated!

80 days and a wake-up, Captain!

One Love,
    TonyS

Could this be the reason for the rumors?

Breezes Trelawny closing May 31 due to impending sale

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-sale_11160817

Quote Originally Posted by RummPunch View Post
    Could this be the reason for the rumors?

Breezes Trelawny closing May 31 due to impending sale

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-sale_11160817
    Seems that's the likely reason to me!

Sounds like the same thing that happened to Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco) The property next door was formerly Grand Lido Negril. I'm assuming it's the same company that will be taking over there too.

Whew, I was worried. We are planning on our 7th visit to CN toward the end of July. We spend the entire time on the AN beach and what a travesty it would be to not have that beautiful beach. Brad and I would be devastated if we couldn't 'come back home'. See all end of July.