Default Helpful Things Learned

Call your airline or go online and arrange seating in advance--otherwise you might not get to sit next to your "Significant Other"--this happened to me--the airline seperated us by several rows for a 3 hour flight (If you get this worked out waaaaay ahead of time you are OK) I bought tickets 3 months prior, but didn't follow through to make sure the airline put us together--thought I'd let you all know.

Putting the Green Flag up next to you at CSA means that you want someone to come by and bring you a drink (figured that out my last day)

Keep the map with you, otherwise you will do a lot of wandering--I'm not good with direction and finally got my "bearings" my last day.

Pick a spot on the beach which is close to your room--you will be going back to your room often--mostly to change

"Feathers" reservation card says "No Sandals"--I thought "Fancy Sandals" were acceptable, but their card clearly stated "no sandals" I cancelled my reservation--didn't have any "shoes"

Just for future reference sandals are OK for the ladies at Feathers. What the reservation card means is no beach type sandals like flip flops dress sandals are fine for the ladies and I have worn them in every fancy reservation restaurant at all Couples resorts. Shame you cancelled your reservation I loved Feathers. Sandals unless closed toe are not OK for the men. Also the most helpful tip I got for navigating CSA is to head for the beach sidewalk and go from there. Don't try to navigate the interior paths or you'll get lost until you get familar with them.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Iso - some good tips. I'd like to just add a few things.

Shari is right - sandals are perfectly acceptable for women to wear at Feathers - I have done so probably a half dozen times. The men cannot wear open toed sandals to Feathers.

As far as seat assignments, some airlines just will not assign your seats no matter what until the date of departure. It sometimes depends on what type of fare you booked. Most airlines allow you the option to check-in 24 hours ahead of your flight on-line. You can always try to change seat assignments at this point.

I know some poor bride is thinking, what if we are STILL seated apart? Well, in almost all cases, people are willing to move to let couples sit together. On a recent trip that my husband and I took, we were not seated together on 3 of the 4 flight segments. In every case, someone moved to allow us to sit together. Never underestimate the kindness of strangers!

Just a little curious, how many times did you need to go back to your room from the beach to change? Yes dressy sandals are ok for Feathers, and yes if you head for the beach walkway you'll get to every place much quicker.

Well, I hope my original post didn't come across as I was complaining, because CSA was wonderful.

I only was able to stay for 3-4 days and intend to go back for at least a week next year.

Just wanted to share what I had learned--because these things would have made it even better.

It isn't a problem to go back to your rooms--as they are beautiful and comfortable. I was just didn't realize that actually putting on shorts and a shirt would be required--I guess I just thought you could stroll in with your swimwear on --until I read the literature upon arrival. No big deal, but it was a hassle walking to and from our spot on the beach--until I realized (HEY! Sit closer to your room--).

I can't wait to go back...

I'm confused. You have to put on shorts and shirts to go back to your room? I've never had to do that at any resort in the Caribbean before???? Well, unless I'm coming from the AN beach, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by isoldes23 View Post
    Well, I hope my original post didn't come across as I was complaining, because CSA was wonderful.
    It isn't a problem to go back to your rooms--as they are beautiful and comfortable. I was just didn't realize that actually putting on shorts and a shirt would be required--I guess I just thought you could stroll in with your swimwear on --until I read the literature upon arrival. No big deal, but it was a hassle walking to and from our spot on the beach--until I realized (HEY! Sit closer to your room--).

I can't wait to go back...

you mean there are dress codes at csa for the beach ? well at leastthe guys will get plenty of utility out of their closed toed shoes lol.... so let me understand you go to the beach at a beach resort and your literature states you can only be in beach wear on the beach? Granted we have not been to CSA( no AN ) but fiodn this odd ... then again maybe CSA is being targeted as the foo foo destination of the couples chain
    always remember what my grandmother said she read that drinkign was bad so she stopped reading .... a lot of wisdom right there ...so isoldes23 how many times a day do you think you changed? were there swimwear check points along the walkways? do you have to show your papers ? any color would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by isoldes23 View Post
    I don't know where you were told you had to put shorts and a shirt on before going back to your room because that's not true. And CSA does not have an AN section, so that isn't it.

Maybe you meant you couldn't go in the restaurant without clothing?

We stayed in an Ocean Verandah and I bet I only went back to our room from my spot on the beach maybe two or three times. But every time, I was in nothing but my bikini and sometimes flip flops.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

At CN you can go to the Beach Grill to eat when wearing your bathing suit. For the other restaurants, you are required to have some kind of cover-up and shoes. I always took a cover-up with me to the beach so I could just throw it on when lunchtime arrived.

Not sure what you mean isoldes. We rarely went back to our room before it was time to get ready for dinner. I am thinking you made up some rules and you stuck to them.

Yep you can't wear swim wear in the Palms for breakfast or lunch but if you take a beach bag with a cover up for the lady and a t-shirt for the man (men's swim trunks look enough like shorts) all is well and no going back to your room to change. The cabanna Grill and Seagrapes are OK for swim wear. Geez everyone ease up if this post wasn't made we couldn't clairify things.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Iso,

So glad you enjoyed CSA, our first trip was only 4 days too and it just makes you want more.

Sounds like you were very misled. If we are understanding you correctly you meant you had to change for lunch? No need, a coverup and flip flops for you would be fine and your husband the same a tshirt over his bathing suit and flip flops would be fine, that is if you were going to the buffet if you were at the grill, your suit alone was fine.

Now dinner is another story, yes you need to change for dinner, and as others had told you sandals for you would be fine, but not for your guy, he needs closed toed shoes, a collared shirt (golf shirt or button down) and long pants not jeans for Feathers.

I am very sorry that there was such confusion for your trip, next trip hang out on this message board for awhile, you can ask any question you want and you will see most of them answered just by reading for a few weeks.

Believe me your next trip will be even better!!!!!

Last year on the Tuesday of our stay it drizzled for most of the day. This made keeping the beach bag and towels dry a major drag....so we started a new tradition called "Room Key Tuesday". All we had with us for the day was our room key and swimming suits. It totally reminded me of being a kid and having no responsibility during summer vacation. It was truly a great day.

Now, my point for mentioning this here was that we had no shoes, cover-ups or towels the whole day and no one said a word. We lunched at Cabana Grill and hung out at the swim up bar and 2 beach bars.

Room Key Tuesday! Going to start that tradition myself!

Default to clarify

i thought you had to put on shorts and a shirt to go into the restraunts.

it was clarified (on this board)you could wear a cover-up instead --that wasn't clear to me in the literature I read while I was visiting

therefore, i would go back to my room everytime I wanted to eat-put on "clothes" and then eat, and then go back to my room and put on a swim suit again.

Anyway, I wish I had known I could wear a Cover-up for breakfast and lunch... cause I did waste a lot of time/ laundry.