Default Tours Not to Miss?

Are there any tours/ off-site excursions that we should make sure to try while on our trip to CSA in May?

I know some of them take you to the other side of the island and I recall reading something on one post somewhere about a particular excursion not being worth the time it took to get there and back (but would be worth it if you were staying at a resort on that side).

What should we make sure and to while we visit CSA?

Definitely get out on the Catamaran Cruise (its included)... gives you a chance to see the Beach and Cliffs areas from an off-shore perspective... then perhaps take a visit to those areas later on. By beach, its a simple walk (if you enjoy long beach walks), or you can cab it out to the Cliffs. Anything that gets you into the downtown area of Negril is worth doing. A shopping tour is offered.

I'd also recommend the snorkel tour... also included in your all-inclusive experience.

As for "off-campus" experiences, we've been to both Mayfield Falls (a river walk) and YS Falls, and enjoyed both. The Dunns River Falls trip may be what you are referring to as being on the other side of the island. You might also consider a full day trip that includes YS Falls, the Appleton Estate Rum Tour and/or the Black River Delta Tour. A lot of folks have been going over to the Treasure Island area to take in the bar that sits out in the lagoon.

SweptAway has a lot to offer, and the biggest danger, as we've learned in several trips, is that the appeal of sand gravity is very strong.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks for the feedback. I believe it was Dunn's River that I'd read was on the other side of the island and maybe not worth it if staying in Negril.

Aren't you guys scheduled to be there next month also?

ATV's Best excursion every!!! I had never been on one, my husband had many times, and we both had a blast. The drive from the resort is short and the experience is amazing. We also did the appleton rum/falls/black river tour-that was our second favorite We have also done the horseback riding, shopping tour and another falls. Those I could have done without-although I did get a nice ring on our last stop of the shopping tour.

Dunns River is too far from CSA at close to a 3 1/2 hours ride or so each way. From CSA we have done Appleton Estates and see where the rum is made and have unlimitted sampling at the end of a dozen types of rum, The Black River where you go up river on an open flat bottom boat and see crocodiles and wildlife, and the YS Falls where they have a zip line, tubing, nature trails, and swimming in natural spring pools. These places are all in the same basic area about an hour and a half away from CSA. We hire a private driver for the day to do them at our pace and if time we stop at Rick's on the way back to see the cliff jumpers. They do offer paid tours from the resort.

We just got back from CSA on the 21st and we did the canopy zip line tour. We had a blast and the tour guides were alot of fun. We booked it on the Viator web site and it was around $81/person. they picked us up at CSA and the trip was 1:20min each way and the 9 zip lines we did took a little over 2 hrs.