Thread: Ouch hot feet!

Default Ouch hot feet!

Any thoughts on the sand being hot? LOL....I know this sounds like a silly question but, I want to be barefooted on the beach when I'm getting married. The thought of hot sand just occurred to me. Does anyone know if there is shade from the palm trees at CSA wedding site?

Kristie

I've always been told if the sand is white, it doesn't get hot, and if it's more beige it does. I don't know though, I am hoping to be barefoot too, but I have backup sandals just in case.

i wanted to be barefoot too and still might but i'm thinking about maybe getting cute flip flops instead...still not sure though! anyone with experience please fill us in!

My girl wanted the same thing. I informed her of the hot sand, so everyone will have sandals on now.

I've walked barefoot on all the beaches at all the Couples and didn't really notice the sand being hot enough to need shoes. Take some sandals and check it out when you get there you may not need them.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Thanks for the input. I didn't know that about the different colors of sand. I guess I'll be looking for a cute pair of flip flops or sandals just in case. I really wanted to do the barefoot sandals. I guess I still can if the sand isn't hot. We've had this trip planned since Jan. We are so excited and can't wait!! Truth be told ,I'm tired of waiting.....LOL....are any of you going to be there the same time we are?

Kristie

I plan on going barefoot too...I have seen pics that people post and they were barefoot so I figure it must not get too hot.

Also, I plan to have a pair of flip flops or sandals (haven't found anything yet) for when we are walking around taking pictures. I have seen pics that are taken places other than on the beach and I figure I might need shoes when walking to those places.

I just got married at CSS a few weeks ago. I went barefoot on the beach for the ceremony and honestly never thought about the sand being hot, so it must not have been. Most of our guests were barefoot as well. I did buy a pair of flip-flops for afterwards to wear while we walked around the property, but had them off while we did beach pictures.

Even while I was laying out on the beach and stuff, I never noticed the sand being too hot. Hope this helps!

Congrats ladies! You will have an amazing time!

We were married June 18th and the sand wasn't hot at all. My wedding was at 11 a.m. so i don't know if they played into it or not. As a matter of fact, we took pics by the bridge and i noticed that even the concrete wasn't hot but the wood on the bridge was a little hot. I don't think you will have a problem with the sand. Hope this helps...

My husband and I had a vow renewal on the beach at CN. I wore barefoot sandals and my feet were not hot at all. As a matter of fact, I walked to the bar several times without flip-flops throughout the week and did not have an issue with hot sand.

Not sure when you'll be there Kristie (maybe you said somewhere else and I just missed it), but my dear fiance and I are getting married Aug 8 at 10am at CSA.
    Congrats and Good Luck!

Hubby and I renewed vows on the beach of TI @ 10a. last week and I was barefoot. (Not real sure why he wore sandles.) It wasn't hot at all, no problem.

My wife and I were at CSA the first week of June this year, and to be perfectly honest, I hadn't even thought about the sand being hot, because it wasn't.

We walked all over the place, at all times of the day, barefoot, and none of the surfaces were hot enough to even notice. The walkways are a little rough on the feet, which is why you will appreciate having sandles or flip-flops.

And the gift shops have flip-flops for sale if you forget to bring a pair.

Noooo worries!

Got married at CSA in Aug. '06, we had a very strict dress code for our guests: NO SHOES. we were all barefoot and it was great.

Congrats to all and thank you so much for your reply. I'm starting to count down the days now! Jason and I are leaving on July 25 for CSA and getting married on July 29th!!!!! Paradise here we come!

Kristie

Quote Originally Posted by Donna&Jason View Post
    My husband and I had a vow renewal on the beach at CN. I wore barefoot sandals and my feet were not hot at all. As a matter of fact, I walked to the bar several times without flip-flops throughout the week and did not have an issue with hot sand.
    where did you et our barefoot sandals, or did you make them yourselves?

I ordered them from a seller on eBay. Some brides on here made theirs .

The actual seller was ladybead and they also have a website ladybead.com or ladybeads.com

This a picture of the one I ordered

Name:  DSC_2277.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  35.5 KB