Hybrid View

Default CN....Talk to me about the rooms. Are the suites worth it?

We are looking at CN for a trip next year. The garden suites sound nice with the in-suite dinner menu, HUGE bathrooms, and nightly h'orderves, but is it really worth it? We would only be staying 7 nights, so chances are we wouldn't have dinner in the suite more than 1 or 2 nights. The price difference between a Deluxe Ocean and a Garden Suite is $600 for the week.

How does the in-suite dinner compare to the restaurants?

Actually, we are no considering the Deluxe Garden vs. Garden Suite. I read a post yesterday that pretty much all of the non-suite rooms at CN are the same, except for the location. The resort is small enough that I don't think it makes a HUGE difference where we are. While an ocean view is nice, the Deluxe garden is the only category with the 7th night free, so if we are getting a non-suite, we will go with that.

I really hope someone answers this today because I have to book by Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    Actually, we are no considering the Deluxe Garden vs. Garden Suite. I read a post yesterday that pretty much all of the non-suite rooms at CN are the same, except for the location. The resort is small enough that I don't think it makes a HUGE difference where we are. While an ocean view is nice, the Deluxe garden is the only category with the 7th night free, so if we are getting a non-suite, we will go with that.

I really hope someone answers this today because I have to book by Tuesday.
    IMHO, I would choose the 7th night free. We have stayed in the Ocean Suite and it's the same layout as the Garden Suite--only difference is location. The suite is twice the size with an incredible bathroom (it
    s the size of a regular room and has a beautiful jacuzzi tub elevated above the floor) and the hammock on the balcony. They offer in-room dining one night (you could probably get more but it would cost more money) and you reserve that a day in advance. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and wanted to do something extra special....other than that.....I would stay in the regular rooms.

Personally, we never do anything but the deluxe garden view room (Not the suite) because we are NEVER in the room & feel it's a waste of money for us .... We don't need anymore space & don't care about the view since the only time we're in the room is after dark anyway & normally in bed ..... The garden view is very nice & when we've been upgraded to a ocean view room, it was not much different with just a peek of the ocean through all the trees ..... Would much rather stay an extra day or 2 for the difference in money ..... Not sure why anyone would want to eat in their room other than possibly the first night you get there when you are exhausted from a long travel day like we are but know everyone is different & others like the option I suppose or they wouldn't offer it.
    Julie

@Maxernie....

Though we won't spend a ton of time in our room, we do very much enjoy relaxing on our deck at home in the evening when it's nice outside, so we will probably do so at CN as well. Though, I'm sure any view at CN will be better than the view of the road I have at home. lol

Stay in the room that your budget allows you to spend the most nights in....you won't regret an extra night or two..
    Lucy

We always stay in the garden view room (not the suite). I don't see the point in spending more money on a room when the beds are all the same and they are all close to everything anyway. But - it is entirely up to each couple what they want in a vacation. For me, it's just being at CN, I couldn't care less which room we ended up in, they're all good. Of course, if we somehow got upgraded to a suite, I wouldn't say 'no, thank you'. (that's never happened by the way) I'd rather spend that money on a night dive or someone else might want another spa treatment or two or a dinner on the beach or even the gift shop. It's all a matter of what is important to you and what will make your vacation most enjoyable.

Take a look at the layout of the resort for CN. You'll see that none of the rooms has a full on ocean view as most are perpendicular to the beach or are behind palm trees. That being said, CN is nothing like those huge, 1500 room sprawling resorts that have rooms located 1/2 a mile away from the ocean.

Go and enjoy yourselves because you've already made the best decision by choosing Couples!

That is a hard one to answer. We always book the garden deluxe room because that way we can stay a extra day or two, which I would sooooo rather do.

But I have to say that I would love to stay in one of the suites someday. Back when one of the perks for Romance Rewards was an upgrade at a certain level, I kept my fingers crossed, but that perk went away the same year we were eligible for it. (not complaining, just stating). So now I dream of the day I check in to CN and they say "oh, you have been upgraded" , Hey a girl can dream right? After all the dream of CN is only 107 days away from becoming a reality......

Thanks for the input everyone! I ended up booking the deluxe garden room. The suite would have been nice, and I do tend to book more expensive rooms (booked in the beachfront suite at CSA for next month and the penthouse suite at CSS in October 2013), the price difference in this case was just too big to justify it. We could have afforded it sure, but did I really need to pay $1,100 more for the suite for the week? No.

That's $1,100 I can use toward a SR in July for my birthday!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

The in-suite dining isn't what you think. It's not exactly room service to be able to use as you want it - it's something that you have to set up at least a day in advance. It's like one of the romantic dinners on the beach where you have a nice table set up and your own personal server who stands by while you are dining and brings everything to your room.

It was nice if you want a romantic dinner, but if you're looking for room service, this isn't what you think.

We like the suites mainly for the incredibly large bathrooms and for the afternoon hor d'ouerves (sp!). And the nice hammock on the balcony!