Thread: Facetime?

Hybrid View

Default Facetime?

Will i be able to use my iphone 4s to facetime without being charged a huge amount from at&t? If so, how would i go about doing this?

Three easy steps.

1. Put your phone in airplane mode. Leave it there or you will be very sad when the next bill comes.
    2. Enable Wifi and connect with the code Couples gives you. The code is good for seven days.
    3. Annoy your friends, family, and co-workers by repeatedly using facetime to show them how much fun they are not having.

Put the phone on airplane mode. Turn the wifi on and use the wifi to connect and enjoy your facetime.

The resorts have wifi a/p's all over the place. At SweptAway you can find them on the beach if you look for 'em. Turn off your data and service, turn on your wifi, and your good to go.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thank you so much for this information! We were planning on communicating with the kids a couple (ha,ha) of times just through facetime, so this was very helpful!

I called AT&T, our mobile service provider, and they said we could use FaceTime via WIFI with no charge. He did say we need to turn off the cellular data. He also said we could text from our Iphone to other iphones with no texting charges. Text to others would have a per text charge.

Quote Originally Posted by BriannLisa View Post
    I called AT&T, our mobile service provider, and they said we could use FaceTime via WIFI with no charge. He did say we need to turn off the cellular data. He also said we could text from our Iphone to other iphones with no texting charges. Text to others would have a per text charge.
    To see how your phone will work and what will actually work, I suggest doing a practice at home on your own WIFI. We did this and found that we can in fact facetime, send/recieve imessages, and a few other functions (facebook, etc.) However, as you pointed out, regular texts won't go through at all.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

i am super safe and take my sim card out of my iphone once we are on the plane leaving the states. basically this makes my iphone a ipod touch. i hook to wifi, oh, and before i leave for vacation i get an app that can talk and text. so, i can make phone calls to home with this app, but it uses the wifi connection. we have been doing this for several years on our trips to jamaica and mexico. never come home to any surprise bills!

What is the app?

"text now". works great!