Hybrid View

Default Great Vacation Read...

This must read book is titled "And the Sea Will Tell" by Vincent Bugliosi. It was first published in 1991 but is still available in print and electronic version. It is a true crime drama (non-fiction) based on adventuresome sailors on a supposedly cursed tropical island in the south pacific in 1974 (with pics).

The story of this book is so intriguing that it would have been an excellent work of fiction but it is true. We were given this book for a recent vacation and neither my wife nor I could put it down, so be sure to bring two copies so you don't quarrel over it, then you can discuss it together as you read it.

OK, there is my best book recommendation. Now let me hear yours so I have something good to read on the beach at CN!

I highly recommend Walden by Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4-Jamaica View Post
    This must read book is titled "And the Sea Will Tell" by Vincent Bugliosi. It was first published in 1991 but is still available in print and electronic version. It is a true crime drama (non-fiction) based on adventuresome sailors on a supposedly cursed tropical island in the south pacific in 1974 (with pics).

The story of this book is so intriguing that it would have been an excellent work of fiction but it is true. We were given this book for a recent vacation and neither my wife nor I could put it down, so be sure to bring two copies so you don't quarrel over it, then you can discuss it together as you read it.

OK, there is my best book recommendation. Now let me hear yours so I have something good to read on the beach at CN!

The book is also a movie, starring Richard Crenna and Rachael Ward, which was very good...great story...

"Jungle" by Yossi Ghinsberg