Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pugetpollards View Post
    Hey Dentrac! i've seen you in the meetup thread! This is our 4th trip - we are excited to do the crawl! We'd love to all go together! There are 4 of us (possibly 6), if you let Lenbert know. I'll let you be the pointman on this, I'm working on our vow renewal on the 12th!
    Hi guys!! I have already booked and recieved the email confirmation. Just shoot Lenbert an email and he responds within an hour. There will be 4 of us going...Karen&Jared are joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    ... to make it a regular weekly excursion. (imho) Its much better than a trip to Margarittaville
    I agree. We will try to add this to our schedule in June.

Emailed Lenbert, super excited for our craaawwwwwl on 7/11!

Quote Originally Posted by pugetpollards View Post
    Emailed Lenbert, super excited for our craaawwwwwl on 7/11!
    Dang that sounds like so much, fun we want in but we won't be there till 7/16 lol!

Sounds fun! Anyone know if they stop at CN for a pickup?

Oh my, I must do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dentrac View Post
    Dude...I already booked the 4 of us....we are good to go. Already recieved the confirmation email....we are good bro!!

HAHA...didn't realize that - thanks! 74 more days!!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
    Yes, Pick up time @ CN is around 2:15pm.

I believe you can be picked up from ANY hotels in Negril....

For those of you who have already gone about how much are the drinks? This sounds like a blast!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    For those of you who have already gone about how much are the drinks? This sounds like a blast!!!!!!!!
    I have not been on this pub crawl yet but from what I've read on TA review, it is approx.US$3-4 per drink but they all say that you'll receive your change in Jamaican $ and also somewhat easier/cheaper if you brought Jamaican $ for the drinks on this trip. Looks like most people are tipping a driver either in Jamaican$ (J$1,000 pp) or in US$.
    Last edited by dogandchief; May 1st, 2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: typo

We did this last December and had a blast.

The idea behind this is to market the West End/Cliffs area of Negril. They want to get people off the beach and up to the cliffs to experience that aspect of this wonderful city. It is a little different vibe up there. The bus will pick up from any resort. They begin picking up at the northern end of Bloody Bay at around 2:00 or so. It is "free", but you should tip the driver. I think we tipped US$10 for the two of us. I was told later, by a local, that that was, "more than generous".

They'll stop at a half dozen or so bars in the West End for about 30-45 minutes each. There is no set list of bars that they visit. It varies from trip to trip. I don't think they will go to Rick's. They want you to see the other places that the West End can offer. They make sure to be on the sea side of the road at sunset to take that in. As stated, drinks were about US$3-5 (not including tip) each. We paid in US$ and I never asked for change. I just considered the difference as part of my tip. Change would have been in JA$. If I remember right, we were drooped back at CN around 6:30 or so in plenty of time to still enjoy dinner at the resort.

Contact Tel: 876-874-6631 Discover Jamaica Tour
    email: bananaznegril@hotmail.com or
    Secondary Contact: negrilcluster@gmail.com
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
    Just booked with Lenbert for Wednesday, May 30th pick-up at CN for 2:15. Looking for some fun couples to join us!

28 days!

Thanks for the info NeedBlueWater, really does sound like a great time and reason to leave the beach.

We will be there 7-7 thru 7-14 and we want to do this pub crawl there will be 6 of us...how do we book this?

Hey! There is a group of us going on 7/11, leaving at 2:15 from CSA. there are 4 in my group, and 4 in Dentrac's group. You can email Lenbert at: bananaznegril@hotmail.com. I have no clue how many he can take at one time...but it would be great if we can get a big group to go!

Am I correct in assuming this does not include CTI??

What a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Am I correct in assuming this does not include CTI??
    Yes, you're correct. This is only for hotels in Negril.

Hi! We will be there July 19th-24...maybe we could find 4 other people and request a special trip? If you get enough people to go, he'll do a special crawl by request...what do you think?

Since I was orginal poster....and since back from CSA...just wanted to say I highly reommend this trip.

There were 12 ppl that day on bus, we were only from CSA....we hit 8 places....starting downtown ending at cliffs. Each place was different in it own way. Most places we were only ppl in the bar. It was nice to speak with the bar owners, as well as the owners of negril dot com that own the love bus. Their goal is to get tourists to see different parts of negril, as well as give the local business owners exposure. They spoke highly about Couples and were pleased so many from CSA and CN have been participating.

We will do the love bus each year, great time, goodplaces....although downside we had to nap when we got back and slept through our alarm for dinner....thank god for cabanna grill!

Does anyone know if the bars serve anything other than beer? Not much of a redstripe fan.

Quote Originally Posted by okierednecks View Post
    Does anyone know if the bars serve anything other than beer? Not much of a redstripe fan.
    Yes, they are all full bars...i drank rum punch or rum and diet at all the bars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2