Hybrid View

Default CSS Wireless question.

Is wireless available in the rooms???? If not where?

Which room?

We were able to sneak a wireless signal in G block for about 15mins...long enough to gloat about fantasy football wins.

Curious if you can get wireless on the beach. For some reason my husband thinks he needs to watch our alma mater play a day game. Told him he could stay in the room or computer center I would think of him while I am on the beach.

Thanks!

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by AAS View Post
    Curious if you can get wireless on the beach. For some reason my husband thinks he needs to watch our alma mater play a day game. Told him he could stay in the room or computer center I would think of him while I am on the beach.

Thanks!
    talk about mr romance ....next year why not schedule the vacation around the ala maters bye week it would be acceptable if he needed the laptop to place a bet on the game but to watch it ? ps the mgm grand sports book doesnt have much of a beach but it sure has a great sports book where all the games will be on at the same time
    ps will he be wearing his jersey?

It depends on your room. There's a rec room right off the lobby with about 6 PC's for guest use and there is a strong wifi signal there and in the lobby.

Rooms in Block G at the top of the hill and near the lobby have good wifi signal in the rooms. I understand some of the rooms further down the hill get a signal in room but it's hit or miss.

Do you think it worth bring a laptop? or no?

We stayed in Block E last time, which was near the computer area and had a signal good enough to send out emails and check stock prices. I don't think it would work well enough for streaming video.

We were in B block just last week and every night were able to get wireless on our laptop to upload pics to Facebook and to Skype with our girls.
    Dana and John

SteveandLinda

I rescheduled this vacation 3 times around the football schedule. Originally booked as a surprise for Christmas, rescheduled when the "away" game schedule came out and then had to reschedule again when the full schedule came out because they reshuffled the schedule with no buy weeks. I have vowed to never try to schedule a vacation during football season again (if only I had realized the dilema I was creating when we got married in September). Booked CSS for mid August next year!

Not sure about the jersey but I did get him an official team logo Hawaiian style shirt for the trip...

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by AAS View Post
    SteveandLinda

I rescheduled this vacation 3 times around the football schedule. Originally booked as a surprise for Christmas, rescheduled when the "away" game schedule came out and then had to reschedule again when the full schedule came out because they reshuffled the schedule with no buy weeks. I have vowed to never try to schedule a vacation during football season again (if only I had realized the dilema I was creating when we got married in September). Booked CSS for mid August next year!

Not sure about the jersey but I did get him an official team logo Hawaiian style shirt for the trip...
    3 times wow and he gets a new shirt to boot who is better then you remember before each game let him know you are counting ion him to give you 110% for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball...

Personally I do not bring a laptop, always just hit the computers at the resort to check email, but I'm trying to talk my cousin and his wife into trying CSS and this issue is important to him.

My wife had to finish up teaching the last couple of days of an online course and that's the only reason we brought one. Unless you have some pressing security issue about using public computers, the resort's PC's are readily available and perfectly adequate for checking email, sports scores, etc.

We just got back from CSS on Tuesday & we could NOT get the wifi signal in our D Penthouse Suite. Another couple we spoke to also could NOT get the signal in their B block room. Another couple got the signal in A block w/ no problems.

My husband ended up using his Verizon wireless wifi card (he can't wait to see that bill !! ) every day from our room (but, that was reaallllyyy slow).

Charmaine Bailey (@ CSS) did tell us that all room blocks should receive the wifi signal, so obviously something isn't working quite right.

Jackie

We were in an Beach Front Suite and now in a D block Penthouse. Both have WiFi.