Thread: Pelican Bar

Default Pelican Bar

Anyone gone to the Pelican Bar from CN ?
    Is it worth leaving the beach for? How far away is it from CN ?
    Any info would be great (pictures even better)......
    Thanks.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Less than 2 hrs by car. Hire a driver and go for it! We left at 9am and returned at 4pm. Total cost for car and driver with boat included:$200! Great time. Once in a lifetime trip!

Spiff???? Where are you on this thread....???? Spiff has gone at least twice and loved it.... I have not and can not comment.... OH, wait, I just did....

Email me at mandolin dot Jeff at gmail dot com. We go very year from CSA.

For us it is a "must do" trip every year!

I picture the Pelican Bar as this cool little shack out on the water, but when you make the long venture to get out there, it's like your there all alone with not much going on. So you have a drink or two and leave. Am I wrong about this?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4-Jamaica View Post
    I picture the Pelican Bar as this cool little shack out on the water, but when you make the long venture to get out there, it's like your there all alone with not much going on. So you have a drink or two and leave. Am I wrong about this?
    It is pretty much a cool little shack, but when our group went there, we were not alone. There were about 20 other people there hanging out on the dock. We also each had a rice and fish lunch there, which you can do if you pre-order. Most people will go to Pelican Bar in conjunction with another excursion, such as Appleton Estates tour, YS Falls, or Black River Safari.

I am looking forward to our 2013 trip to PB Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    I am looking forward to our 2013 trip to PB Jeff!
    Oh man... So am I. I will just have to settle with buying the drinks on November 30 this year, either at the sunset bar or up at the Martini bar afterwards. Probably both!

We did our trip along with going to Jake's on Treasure Beach. Took a boat from Jakes and went up the coast to Pelican
    Bar. Very cool. Some Kennedys have houses there our boat driver pointed out.

Combine it with YS Falls for a great experience you can swim in the falls, there are rope swings, tubes etc, and since we were there they have added a zipline. The Pelican Bar experience is awesome you start out at Treasure Beach we had dolphins following us, it is on a sandbar off the coast only way to get there is boat.......Name:  jamaica 2006.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  17.9 KBName:  pelican bar 2.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  47.4 KBName:  pelican.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  54.3 KBName:  ys.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  87.2 KBName:  ys8.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  94.2 KB