Default Funny Odor??? - Couples TI Piano Bar

We have been to CTI twice now, and both times noticed a funny, quite unpleasant odor in the piano bar- most evident when you first walk in. Does anyone know what this is and why it doesn't get fixed? It made us not want to spend much time in there, and the piano bar could be such a fun place!
    Any answers??

Yes, we too noticed it. We've only been to CTI once (March 2010) but the smell was so offputting we were reluctant to go in there before the Repeaters Dinner. Could it be damp plus drains?

My guess would be from the humidity. Maybe the air filters need to be cleaned or changed.
    Vicky

It was either Confucious---or my Grandmother who once said, " He who smelt it, probably dealt it" .

It seemed to us that most indoor air-conditioned places at all the resorts have a similar odor. My guess is it is associated with the A/C... recycled air or something of that sort...

We had the same experience. DH thought it was from mildew/mold. ??? It was our first trip and we were shocked that it was like that. After the second night I made sure I got my nightcap at the main bar before going back to the room.

Yep...it smells pretty musty in there. Not sure if this is because they turn the AC off during the day and then back on at night, then repeat the next day etc. It is that mildew smell from so much moisture, heat and then AC.

It knocks you down when you first walk in and then you get used to the smell. We avoided the piano bar for long periods, for this reason too. No other areas have this smell - that we noticed anyway, so not sure what is causing the problem.

I agree, it was kind of musty in there when we visited Nov 2010. I also found the airconditioning to be too cold so we didn't spend much time there, despite the lovely atmosphere.

Yup, agree completely. It is quite hard to determine what it comes from. Been visiting TI for many years now and the smell does seem stronger after the remodel. Perhaps because it doesn't get much (or any) natural ventilation. Won't stop me from hanging out there, but agree it could smell better and maybe not be cold enough to store meat (it does help keep you awake after a long day of drinking though)!

We were wondering the same thing? We walked in got a drink and sat in the lobby due to the odor. That is the only place that smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by KayNJay View Post
    I agree, it was kind of musty in there when we visited Nov 2010. I also found the airconditioning to be too cold so we didn't spend much time there, despite the lovely atmosphere.
    We did notice the strong mildew odor when we were there last year. I thought that it would be gone by now. I do remember it being extremely cold in there too! BRRR! (Note to self: take a jacket with me next time.)
    Maybe it's the condensation build-up from the a/c unit causing the moisture/mildew issue? Hope they figure it out...

Default Management can you help?

Just wondering if you have heard about this before. The Piano Bar is something most couples look forward to at night, I know e do. Never been to CTI's piano bar but will be going May 2013. I would hate to chalk it off because of temperature and smells...

So I can only hope by May 2013 or sooner this smell/uncomfortableness can be addressed and corrected.

Thank you Couples,

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Girl View Post
    We did notice the strong mildew odor when we were there last year. I thought that it would be gone by now. I do remember it being extremely cold in there too! BRRR! (Note to self: take a jacket with me next time.)
    Maybe it's the condensation build-up from the a/c unit causing the moisture/mildew issue? Hope they figure it out...

Yes, it certainly would be nice if Couples would address this (on this thread) as well as fix the problem!!
    THANK YOU, Randymon!

Yes, I noticed that too when we were there in NOV 2010. I thought it was some kind of dump smell... As some people also said here, that I found the A/C there too cold so it was either take a long sleeved jacket with me OR take a drink out and sat in the lobby or outside...

Also I noticed similar kind of smell in the PC room at CN although the smell wasn't as strong as the piano bar in CTI.

We were just at CTI the first week of April and actually smelled something pleasant. They were burning something at each end of the bar. And it wasn't as cold as I expected either.

Quote Originally Posted by tami&jason View Post
    We were just at CTI the first week of April and actually smelled something pleasant. They were burning something at each end of the bar. And it wasn't as cold as I expected either.

Thanks, Tami & Jason, for posting this comment. That's great news! We're due back in October and look forward to many nights (and martinis ) in the Piano Bar. Hopefully they will keep up the good smells and less FREEZING temps. Thanks again.

Its probably being caused by dew point occuring in the room because it is much hotter outside than inside. The smell is obviously a mold/mildew problem probably caused by this dew point. We went to TI for our honeymoon in 2010 and noticed the smell then. Since then we have upgraded to SA and love their long beach.

Does a "Great Time" have a smell?? casue we spent this past week in the Piano Bar and that was all I could smell.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt