Default ****Romance Rewards Points *****

Hi
    So I just noticed that our romance rewards points expire in July and we won't be arriving until October! We were married at CSA and stayed for 14 nights and we will be returning in October for another 14 nights. BUT now that my husband found out our rewards points will expire he says there's no point of returning and we should try the other "shoe" resort! Can they extend our points until October or is that it and we have to start over?

Meeko...I ran into the same thing, email the Rewards Coordinator but no go, lost the points. But we are back to CTI next week.

Just going to have to make more trips to Couples!! Bummer...Not!!
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Sorry... I'm afraid expired means expired... but I gotta tell ya... points mean nothing in regard to the price you pay to return home. In my opinion, having no Romance Rewards program wouldn't matter in the least. We'd still return to our home at SweptAway to get back to our beach and our Atrium and our staff... oh, and the beach... did I mention the beach?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Hi
    So I just noticed that our romance rewards points expire in July and we won't be arriving until October! We were married at CSA and stayed for 14 nights and we will be returning in October for another 14 nights. BUT now that my husband found out our rewards points will expire he says there's no point of returning and we should try the other "shoe" resort! Can they extend our points until October or is that it and we have to start over?
    We're in the same boat and considering going somewhere that will honor all the visits we've made to the resort (6 to Couples), no matter how recently we made them.

I thought that your points were good for 5 years and that you only had one year to make sure your points are on your account.

No point in returning, really??? Did you love couples when you went? Was it as close to paradise as you could of imaged? If it was, will not get a t shirt and some resort credit change any of this? We are going back for the thrid time in 101 days and trip four is booked for 2013, we aren't going back because of the romance rewards,but because it was wonderful.

I'm amazed that someone would look elsewhere just because of expired points in a program that is absolutely FREE of charge and totally VOLUNTARY on the part of the resort!

We recently had some RR points expire, dropping us a level and you know what we lost? $50 in resort credits and a bottle of sparkling wine - big deal! I mean really...it's $50 we never had, plus I can order up all the "sparkling wine" I want when we get to the resort anyway! Would I have enjoyed having those perks? Sure, but I'll never miss either one of them in the grand scheme of things. I'll just be glad to be back in Jamaica at a place I know and love!

You're overlooking the obvious here - Couples is still a great value, even without the Romance Rewards points!

Is the loss of a couple of t-shirts really worth changing to the 'shoe' resort where, unless you pay the top rate, you will feel like (and be treated like!) a second-class person? Again, at the shoe resort, unless you pay the top rate, you will be excluded from some restaurants and activities.

How can that be a worthwhile replacement for a couple of t-shirts? Your choice - but the rewards are not why we keep returning to CTI, like redinthebed, we go back because it is wonderful and our caribbean home.

Mad about tennis

Most programs like this have a time limit on points. Some motels and airlines only give you one year. Couples is nice and lets you add 4 years together give even better rewards to it's yearly or bi-yearly guests. We all lose our points after the 4 years, you just have to keep going.
    Irie Mon

Really? Lots of things/points like this expire, this is not an original idea that Couples started and the rules are very reasonable, IMO. What are you missing out on...a couple of T-shirts, invitation to the repeater's dinner and $150 resort credit....

Sorry to be harsh but if those are the only reasons you were choosing to return, then maybe you should try the "shoe" resort. Now, if you loved the time you spent at Couples and over the last 4 years you have had repeated conversations about how much you want to go back and you have told other couples they should try Couples, then just go back. You will spend way more extra money going to "S" than those 3 repeater's items combined $$ value.