Thread: Question

Hybrid View

Default Question

I was told to bring a 32 oz. insulated mug, so our drinks do not get warm. Is this a good idea? Also, what time does the pool bar open? My wife and I like to party in the morning/afternoon. We will be there July 12 - 17.

You can bring an insulated mug, but it cannot be filled with drinks from the bar. And your drink won't sit long enough to get warm anyway! I used to bring a water bottle to keep ice water in, but now CTI gives bottles to reduce plastic so that's not even necessary anymore.

Depends on the bar and resort, but most open at 10am! But at breakfast, they have mimosas and bloody marys to pass the time.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Glad someone spoke to this, we were at the bank yesterday and some teller who hadn't ever been to a Couples was telling us to bring big mugs to pour our bar drinks in because they are SO small and they will get hot and sandy and we'll NEVER get more drinks, so she was saying we could eliminate the need to walk all the way to the bar with this huge mug we bring from home. I had to laugh at her. I'm not worried about walking anywhere, I'll be in paradise, LOL... on top of that... I wondered if it was "legit" to put alcohol in our own mugs... I didn't figure it would be.

I like the smaller cups because then I can sample a bigger variety from the drink menu!
    Lew

Unlike other resorts, Couples' drinks are not small and the wait at the bar is never long. You won't need a big, insulated mug. Even if you had one, it is against Couples policy for a bartender to fill one of these mugs.

Kim- as the reponse said cn bartenders will not fill a non couples service glass. - If you have a discreet/understated insulated " i am not trailer trash logo riddled insulated keg"
    cup you can order a double pour in and put on the lid
    1) no sand
    2) keeps it cold without having to rush
    3)much easier to float and sip with then without
    4) you can use the insulated for water ot stay hydrated and off set the crash of the 14 humming bird you might ingest before lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Kim<3Todd8809 View Post
    Glad someone spoke to this, we were at the bank yesterday and some teller who hadn't ever been to a Couples was telling us to bring big mugs to pour our bar drinks in because they are SO small and they will get hot and sandy and we'll NEVER get more drinks, so she was saying we could eliminate the need to walk all the way to the bar with this huge mug we bring from home. I had to laugh at her. I'm not worried about walking anywhere, I'll be in paradise, LOL... on top of that... I wondered if it was "legit" to put alcohol in our own mugs... I didn't figure it would be.

We've stayed at COR* once, CN 13 times, and CSA once. We've never taken a mug and never wished that we had. You don't need it. Pack as lightly as possible, and leave your large insulated mugs at home.

*I know it's CTI now, but I'm referring to it as COR to make clear that I stayed pre-renovation.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

AMY!!!

You are hilarious! I may make my way through the drink menu, but potty breaks are madatory for this chic!
    Lew

I always pack some Koozies to take with us. The bups at CN fit great in them, helps keep the drink cold (not that it stays in there long) and they are not so apt to fall over. Then we leave to go back to the cold, cruel world we leave them in the room along with a bunch of other gifts that we bring.

Randymon just posted a response to this question on the "old" MB. His response was:

"There is no need to bring mugs. It is against our policy for the bartenders to fill them. You must use the cups provided by the resort."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I always pack some Koozies to take with us. The bups at CN fit great in them, helps keep the drink cold (not that it stays in there long) and they are not so apt to fall over. Then we leave to go back to the cold, cruel world we leave them in the room along with a bunch of other gifts that we bring.
    We bring koozies too! This is a great idea!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Trust me, you won't need the Insul-mug...

And if by chance, you happen to have a drink taht goes warm on you, because you were swimming in the clear blue ocean, or you fell asleep on the pristeen white sands, NO WORRIES!

Simply do this:

Name:  Flag service.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  52.4 KB

And someone will come right over and bring you a fresh drink of your choosing!
    Last edited by Jay&Jen; June 28th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Just hangout at one of the swim-up bars and you for sure will not be far from the alcohol!! The only way your drink is going to get warm, is if you just sit there and nurse your drink. Don't worry about bringing something to keep your drink cold. Just relax, enjoy, and do not worry about a thing.
    Brandi

Yikes - wouldn't want to go where she stayed!

And there's no need to walk....
    Last edited by Amy; August 5th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

This is what always gets me irritated.

and some teller who hadn't ever been to a Couples was telling us...
    That statement right there should of turned on the red lights and the whistles.

You will not find anywhere on the Couples Message Board FAQ's saying bring a 32 oz insulated mug or for that fact any container. The staff will not fill these containers if presented to them for alcoholic drinks. The resorts are equiped with plenty of glasses.

There have been those who have brought containers and filled them with ice and water but if asked the staff would of easily have provided them with a glass of the same so why pack them?

You have to love those never been to Couples but I know people.

at cti i did see someone that had their own mug and the bartenders were filling it with red stripe

Yeah I thought so about the mugs, I think it's silly to pack your own, but to each their own... It did raise plenty of flags when that old biddy at the bank was saying to us "I don't know if you'll like Jamaica.." when we JUST told her we were getting married there.
    HELLO? Negative much? Grief, those kinds of people make me want to put sand fleas in their clothes =D

I bring a 16oz Tervis Tumbler. Keeps the VX and tonic from becoming a watery mess or the Red Stripe cold cause we try not to not slam 'em.

Never offered it to a bartender but they have taken it from me, washed and re-filled.

I do apologize for the white-trashiness of the "It's 5 o'clock somewhere patch" inside the walls...I don't even like Jimmy Buffet but it seemed apropos.

Attached Images Attached Images