Default Where can I buy Patties?

Anyone know where I can order some Jamaician Patties? I would love a chicken pattie right now!!! And is it jerk chicken or curry chicken in them?
    Thanks,
    JamaicaCrazy

BJ's, Costco, and Sams Club have them frozen. I don't know where you live, but we get fresh ones in Tamarac, Florida from several of the jerk restaurants that make them. Jerk Machine, with locations throughout Broward and Dade county also have them, but I think they are buying the frozen ones.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I don't know about buying them, but there are plenty of recipes to play with on the Web. You got me a little curious, and you can find recipes from easy (i.e., store-bought dough, pre-mixed curry powder) to not-so-easy (Emeril's recipe). There are only a couple of recipes specifically for chicken that I found, but I can't imagine there'd be much of a difference, though you may want to use a little less spice for chicken, as it isn't as strong a flavor.

I think I'm actually going to play around with a few of these recipes, and I'll let you know what I come up with, although if somebody else has ideas, please share!

You can usually find them at Costco...I noticed Walmart has started stocking a few varieties.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Our Kroger has them in the freezer section but just chicken and beef. I think they are from Goya...not as good as in Jamaica but with a Red Stripe we can pretend.

Amy

Costco has Jamaican beef patties. I've never tried them, though.

Your can order them from SAM'S CARIBBEAN- 1-877-U-GO-SAMS www.sams247.com and have them shipped to you.

or

Tower Isle’s Frozen Foods, Ltd. www.towerislespatties.com. They also have a listing of what stores sell them per state.

or

Paradise grill http://www.foodler.com/GA/Decatur/Ja...ties/5237.html
    Irie Mon

Default yummm

I've seen the patties available in the frozen food section at our local food chain here in No. Va., though I've never tried any. Depending on where you live, you might be lucky enough to have a Caribbean Restaurant near-by. Good luck!

Our Kroger, HEB, and Walmart have them. And get this....it's Tower Isle brand!!! Check it out: http://www.towerislespatties.com/home.nxg

It's a curry chicken and I just saw a show on the food network (Big Daddy's House, I think) and he made them from scratch. You might be able to find the recipe on the FN website.

And to anyone who might be eating them soon, dip a couple in melted cheese for me. Yummy!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Slightly off Topic by way of not really answering the question asked.... But

The absolute best place to get and enjoy a pattie (other than Couples) is at Miss Sonia's in Negril!

It's a good little walk from CSA, but worth it IMHO.

You could also make your own... I don't think they are very hard to put together, and there are lots of recipes and guides on the internet. I think Miss Sonia may even have one!

Spiff542

The absolute best place to get and enjoy a pattie (other than Couples) is at Miss Sonia's in Negril!
    That's the best response I read on where to get them!

Amy,

I was all fine reading the information on where to get patties and then you said "HEB" and now I'm homesick for Texas.

Miss Sonia's Patties ROCK!!! Best in the WORLD! Had a lobster one in 2006 sooooo gooood
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Quote Originally Posted by leoconnor View Post
    Amy,

I was all fine reading the information on where to get patties and then you said "HEB" and now I'm homesick for Texas.
    Isn't HEB just the best? All of our friends and family who come visit us have to go their like it's a tourist attraction. Sorry you're homesick
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I just saw some yesterday at an A&P Fresh in Westchester, New York.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Yep,

I do believe that if someone is a bit hungover....

Miss Sonia will save your a$$! LOL!!!!!

If you can't make it all the way to Miss Sonia's, then Best in the West will get you headed in the right direction!

I REALLY miss Negril right now!