Default First time....great time

Just returned from our first Couples trip at CN and our first AN experience. The setup at CN makes it easy to be a first timer. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, the staff is wonderful and after our first "trial hour" at the AN beach, we NEVER left! It's very relaxing, very liberating and full of cool, very nice people. Every age, every shape, everything goes. No judgement, no reason to fear. After this, my wife and I will only travel to AN beaches when its just the two of us and definitely back to CN. Reading these threads before our trip was a big help on many levels including making our first AN experience a breeze.

Thanks to all

Great news Soldoni!! Perhaps, if you have a minute, you could post a little about your experience on the 'feedback after your vacation' thread just down a bit, here on the Au Natural section. It has been incredibly useful to hear about the experiences of other newbies to AN and your views (worries, concerns, positives and negative experiences) will be very helpful to those who may still not realise that our pre-visit nerves are almost always unfounded.

Welcome to the fold!

Soldoni, can you tell me what the approx. ages were of the people on the AN beach? We will be at CN for the first time in May, and we have never been to an AN beach. I don't want to waltz my middle-aged, happy butt to the AN beach and find out it's mostly 20-30 yr. old kids. I would die!

I PROMISE YOU.....your "middle-aged happy butt" will be right at home. My wife even commented how the youngest guests never visit the A/N side. My wife is 47 and I celebrated my 50th ON the A/N beach last weekend. There were a mix of ages but mostly 45yrs+ and nobody in their 20's at all while we were there. Most of all ....DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. JUST GO FOR IT!! We had the greatest time and being A/N in THAT enviroment is something that should not be missed. Even the occassional "gawkers" that strolled by along the beach weren't any bother. You almost feel sorry for anybody who is trapped within the constraints of a bathing suit while you relax A/N. Keep in mind that my insights are coming from a total FIRST TIMER! Just go and ENJOY!

We returned a few weeks ago. We spent all 7 days on the a/n side and got to meet most people there as you see the same 10-15 couples every day. We are late 40's. We got to know 5 other couples that ranged in age from 39-64? My guess is the average age was 50 during our week. Either way does not really matter and no one cares. Met some of the greatest people and plan to stay in touch with them. Ps. This was our first a/n experience....can't wait to go back

It is our opinion that you are not comfortable enough in your skin to share it with everyone until you have a few years behind you. The experiances of life and the reality that you have nothing more or less than everyone else makes it an easier to partake of this daring and exciting experiance. We have been to the island at CTI when a 20 something couple comes over, most are what I would guess are 35 plus. I do know, those that havn't been, don't know what they are missing. Thats kind of a funny thing, know matter how you look at it.
    Randy and Betsy

"Insights from a first timer"...ain't it the truth? Our first time was at CN, celebrating our 25th together, and we return in 88 days and a wake up! , for Sharons' 50th birthday. After our first trip we've determined to return and learn more about Jamaica, individual respect, and being peaceful. Doing it naked is the bonus that seperates it into a more natural experience.
    One love,
    TonyS

"Insights from a first timer"...ain't it the truth? Our first time was at CN, celebrating our 25th together, and we return in 88 days and a wake up! , for Sharons' 50th birthday. After our first trip we've determined to return and learn more about Jamaica, individual respect, and being peaceful. Doing it naked is the bonus that seperates it into a more natural experience.
    One love,
    TonyS

Thank you both for answering my questions! I feel much better!

Toi/Robert - I was really nervous last year when we went to the AN beach at CN. I thought my husband and I were going to be the oldest people on the beach and I was going to be the only "fluffy" body. Nah - there was every age group and body size there. I can't wait to hit the beach in 30 more days. I dreaded putting on my bathing suit in order to go eat lunch or go to the pool.

thanks for posting such valued info soldoni,we will be going AN soon and she is a tad nervous,I now know it will be just fine after reading these posts....

Soldoni, Great insight as my wife and I are going to bare all when we arrive and see if it as great as it sounds. Just the idea of being free and not in our cold wet suits with a cold beverage sounds great to me. Can't wait till May 19th!

I'm fortunate that my work takes my wife and I to some 1st class resorts and hotels all over the world. On those trips, the destinations are amazing but I'm there with business associates so it's tough to "let go". Going to CN and especially hitting the A/N beach was the ultimate in both together time and "letting go". We mostly kept to ourselves, reading ( 50 Shades of Grey aint just for girls...lol) and going for an occassional swim to cool off. We spoke to some very nice people briefly but we dedicated the weekend to just being with each other and our 4 days at CN was our favorite trip ever! We're very anxious to go back. If socializing with new friends is what you want, you can definitely do that as well, especially on the A/N side.

Great advice. We just returned from ten days. We have been to many AN resorts and ages always very. This time there were a number of young maried (25 -35) as well as the usual mix 45 - 75, tall, short, slim, not slim but all had a great time.

On our last day there was a group of 4 couples, loud, rude and always left a mess. The gals stayed together on the beach, guys sat at the bar and never left until days end. They did mix well, so I guess they probably didn't return the next day. Just so unusual for any AN facility.

Default Oct will be our first time!

We will be going to CTI in October and I am 30 he is 26, we were curious if he would be one of the youngest, and we also been dieting and exercising trying to lose weight before then, thank you for your helpful info as it made me feel more comfortable knowing what to expect, as we both want to feel comfortable experiencing the Au Natural island for our first time.

Jamieking, exercise and diet for YOURSELVES, not for the beach. I promise you, nobody cares if you are not slimmer and more fit. Its not about that at all. If it makes you feel better then go ahead but do it for how it makes you feel over how it makes you look naked.......no judgement at the beach. Enjoy!

We just did the AN for the first time at CN. Will never do anything else when we can, such a fantastic feeling and nobody and I mean nobody cares about your body, the people on the AN beach where so friendly.

Thank you.... and honestly the reason we are dieting so much is because we want to be able to zipline while we are in Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by GPCouple View Post
    We just did the AN for the first time at CN. Will never do anything else when we can, such a fantastic feeling and nobody and I mean nobody cares about your body, the people on the AN beach where so friendly.
    This great news! If you get a minute please give some feedback on how you felt about going AN in the first place and how the experience was for you once you got the the couples resort. It seems like it was a very positive experience and other people (who have yet to try AN) may well benefit from you letting us know how you came to try it. There is a 'feedback after your vacation' thread at the top of this AN section which has proved a useful tool for those newbies (including me and my wife). Thanks!