Default The Island at Tower Isle

Can a single go out to the island alone with the group or is it only couples? My husband is not eager to try this and I am already a fan from our experience at CN?

Thanks

Ladies may go to the Island solo. Males, no.

We haven't been since 2007, but unless the rules have changed, it's couples only. Maybe your husband will change his mind. It's very private and not at all like we had envisioned. We were so nervous but wanted to give it a try....and loved it!

Gt your husband to check out this link. It's a very helpful thread for those who are undecided. if you go, you know and perhaps you can post another bit of feedback when you get back from Tower Isle?

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation

J & J

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    Ladies may go to the Island solo. Males, no.
    Please say this isn't so...as a female, I find this a complete double standard.

My husband and I have embraced the AN experiences at both CSS and CTI! With that said, our understanding has always been that the AN beaches/islands are for couples only and solo guests are not permitted.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Please say this isn't so...as a female, I find this a complete double standard.

My husband and I have embraced the AN experiences at both CSS and CTI! With that said, our understanding has always been that the AN beaches/islands are for couples only and solo guests are not permitted.
    I completely agree with this. It is completely double standards but I think that this may actually be wrong. Randymon states quite clearly in his thread about rules at the top of this section...

"Further, our au naturel facilities are for couples only. No solo visitors please - regardless..."

I think that means that no solo visitors are allowed. My view is that this rule is there to avoid predatory males and, let's face it, predatory females too. If a lady, or man, is known to the other guest at an AN area and one of a couple decide to do a class or go scuba diving for an hour or two then I think it is up to the one who remains at the beach to ask others if it is OK for them to stay alone for a while. Most sensible people will be happy with that but it will catch out those who are there for other, maybe nefarious, reasons. Respect at all times and everything will be fine but I cannot but agree with Sun Kissed. A good point well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    I completely agree with this. It is completely double standards but I think that this may actually be wrong. Randymon states quite clearly in his thread about rules at the top of this section...

"Further, our au naturel facilities are for couples only. No solo visitors please - regardless..."
    The above comments were not incorrect when made. The "no solo guests" rule is new.

While you may think the "no solo male guests" rule was discriminatory, the rule was crafted in response to problems with single male guests visiting the a/n island at CTI. On our first visit to CTI in 1998, when it was the only Couples resort, we went out to the island, and while having a drink at the bar, the bartender told us that we had missed all of the excitement the day before. A guy came to the island without his partner, refused to disrobe, started walking around gawking at the women, and a fight ensued (an actual physical altercation between him and two other men).

Over the years on this MB, guests have related incidents showing that single men are a problem at the a/n beaches much more frequently than women. I'm sure someone will point out something that I've forgotten or overlooked, but I don't recall there ever being an incident related on the MB concerning a problematic single woman. When women are a problem, it's usually in tandem with their partners.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Do you take your clothes off when you arrive to the island? If you are getting too much sun can you cover up?

Randymon just posted no singles in the AN areas period! In practice, however, I'm sure that women notice single men, but men don't notice (or mind) single women. Of course it's a double standard, but men are perceived as more threatening...
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013