Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just so you all know I'm no longer worried....but I did just violate my wife's wishes as far as forgetting about the upcoming trip and staying off the couples website/board! Ok--back to forgetting

Quote Originally Posted by jgsaks View Post
    A question: If GM's and other staff changes were all that important would we have gone to Couples 76 times?
    I know a lot of people really get to know the staff and build relationships with some of them, but I have to agree. I mean the reality is that people change jobs all the time. Staff is going to move on and be replaced.

We like Karen a lot, but her not being at CN anymore isn't going to stop us from going back.

Wow... I find the reaction to this news to be rather dramatic!

We've been going to SweptAway since 1995... this will be our 10th visit to our home on Seven Mile! I have to tell you... we only met Mr. Bowleg for the first time three years ago. For some reason, he was always occupied with Couples business elsewhere. Ms L has sat in for Mr. B on a number of Repeater Dinners in his absence, and she's absolutely charming. Mr. B is just as charming in our experience, and we've not had any issues at SweptAway under his regime, or any other, for that matter.

I look at it this way. If I need the GM to resolve issues, there are deep-seated problems in the organization... and this simply has never been the case. Just as a star offensive lineman is doing his best job when he's not noticed, so the GM of something as complex and detail-oriented as as Couples resort will do his or her job in a way that go un-noticed; this is as it should be. When the GM is as outgoing as Ms L seems to be, its a bonus.

No one of us knows the who's and why's of this change in management, nor should we care, in my opinion. It just is. Relax and enjoy your favorite Couples resort!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I am not sure I would worry to much. I know that I have read some issues with CSA, maybe that is why Karen is moving into the position of general manager at CSA from CN. But I also think that sometimes when you have been someplace several times you begin to look past the wonder of the place and your expections become a little higher. I could be wrong, but I do think that is possible.
    Hmm. This is an interesting comment. I wonder when the move happened?

My point is that on our trip to CN last year, we had found things had slipped from the previous year. On our trip this year (We just got back from CN) we we happy that things hadn't just reverted to the previous level of service, but had far exceeded it. Each and every problem we had encountered last year was made right this year.

With an apparent slip in CSA, it begs the question as to when the managers changed positions. If it was a very recent event we might speculate that it was done to address failings, but if it wasn't recent might it not indicate something else?

Just a thought.

I am a big fan of CSA and have been going to the resort since before it was branded as Couples. Our most recent stay was last year and I did notice a decline in room maintenance standards and resort maintenance overall as well as a change in staff attitude that was not positive. I also was solicited for tips by one staff member which totally surprised me as that was a first.

I personally am excited about Karen moving over to be the new GM at CSA. We stayed at CN 6 months before our last CSA stay and enjoyed it but not as much as CSA. What we did notice about CN is that is simply gleamed with care and that the staff were consistently friendly and gracious.

I have confidence that Karen will have a positive impact on CSA and look forward to my next visit where I can check it out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    Our most recent stay was last year and I did notice a decline in room maintenance standards and resort maintenance overall...
    Last year was my fourth trip to CSA and I noticed this as well. I commented on this on the form given to me at checkout and wondered if I was being a little harsh, or if I simply remembered my previous trips in a better light. I'm glad (and a little sad) to see that I wasn't the only one to notice this. Hopefully things will have improved to the level of my previous trips by the time I get back in July.

I am really interested to see what repeaters have to say in the coming months... We have our first trip to CSA booked for New Years. Last year we went to CSS and had an amazing time. This year's trip to CSA was significantly more expensive than last year's to CSS and no resort credits either (which we had last year) Hearing about all these declines in the resort makes me question if the CSA trip is worth the extra expense versus our previous trip. Will definitely be staying tuned to this board.

I've heard great things about miss Karen and I've personally met Mr Bowleg last trip in April of 2011. He seemed nice and was very engaging and wanted to make sure we were happy. It's the nature of the business. I'm sure they are just shaking things up to hear a different voice. We havep had excellent service at the three resorts we have visited. I know I have trouble with change but in this case it wouldn't stop me from going to any Couples resort.

I think that everyone should remember that first of all we are guests in their country! To hear people complain about not enough towels or mini-bars not being stocked I find very petty at best. We will be returning for our 6th trip to CSA in June and will be back in June 2013 as well, and as of yet we have never had a reason to even talk to the GM. With that being said we have spoken to Ricardo on many occasions at repeaters dinners and cocktail parties and found him very friendly and talkative and we will miss him, but look forward to meeting the new GM. We have never had an issue with any of he staff being rude or unfriendly, but could see how they could be with complaints of not getting drinks fast enough or my rum bottle only being half full. I know I could handle about 5 min of that crap and wouldn't be so friendly either. We have made many friends with the staff and find that if you treat them how you want to be treated they do the same, and they remember you! So if some peeling paint or some chips in the bathroom sink bother you I question if anything could please you. What's next ? The oceans to warm? The drinks are to strong ?theres no coke? Come on LIGHTEN UP its a vacation! Have fun! Enjoy the people! Save the bad attitudes for back home!

We just returned home yesterday after spending our weddingmoon at CSA fo a week. And let me tell you we are so sad to be home. It was our very first visit to a Couples. There is not one thing we could complain about. The staff is always happy, friendly, and will go out of their way to make you happy. The food was phenomenal. Not one bite were we unhappy with. The red snapper is amazing. Every way they cook it.
    Our room was beautiful (atrium 2nd floor by the garden wedding gazebo). Love the bathroom and open shower. The bathroom was clean, no mold, and in great shape. The bar and fridge was restocked every day. The turn down service is excellent. They pick up the room and leave fresh towels, which is a must since you are back and forth to the beach every day. Love the deck and especially the hammock. Next time back we will be asking for an Atrium in the same area. The beach is amazing. The sand soft, the ocean beautiful blues and greens. After our perfect stay I am amazed that there can be any complaints. The only tip I can say is I would never want an Atrium by the Palms restaurant. It's very noisy from the restaurants and I can see myself being very unhappy in a room at that end of the resort. I hope you will be as happy as we are with our stay at CSA. We can't wait to go back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianb View Post
    I think that everyone should remember that first of all we are guests in their country! To hear people complain about not enough towels or mini-bars not being stocked I find very petty at best. We will be returning for our 6th trip to CSA in June and will be back in June 2013 as well, and as of yet we have never had a reason to even talk to the GM. With that being said we have spoken to Ricardo on many occasions at repeaters dinners and cocktail parties and found him very friendly and talkative and we will miss him, but look forward to meeting the new GM. We have never had an issue with any of he staff being rude or unfriendly, but could see how they could be with complaints of not getting drinks fast enough or my rum bottle only being half full. I know I could handle about 5 min of that crap and wouldn't be so friendly either. We have made many friends with the staff and find that if you treat them how you want to be treated they do the same, and they remember you! So if some peeling paint or some chips in the bathroom sink bother you I question if anything could please you. What's next ? The oceans to warm? The drinks are to strong ?theres no coke? Come on LIGHTEN UP its a vacation! Have fun! Enjoy the people! Save the bad attitudes for back home!
    I disagree. We are visitors to JA who are paying to be at a resort where certain standards should be maintained, not "guests" in someone's home. I expect to have adequate towels and a stocked mini bar if that is what I am supposed to have. And I do not expect to have peeling paint and mold - this is a resort and not a budget one.

Staff should not be rude or unfriendly and to excuse that by saying that this behavior is the fault of a few rude guests is excusing that behavior based on your assumption that the guest is at fault.

I agree that we should all treat others with respect but IMO to excuse all the things you list as being acceptable or the fault of those who have unrealistically high expectations is blaming guests for things that are often under the control of the resort. This is a resort where people pay to vacation, not a room in someone's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianb View Post
    As I said, I have no worries--I've calmed However complaining about shortage of towels and mini bars--well sure we are guests but paying guest and paying rather well--isn't that what you are paying for-service and amenities? I'll be upfront and honest- I'm not going on a church mission or part of a corps to help out those in need-I'm going to vacation as I am paying top dollar to do so, so if in fact something was below standards I think I would be well within my right to complain. However I don't expect anything to complain about

Just came back from CSA after the third year in a row. Some of the staff does change as they do at all the resorts. If you greet people with a smile and hello they almost always respond the same way. I thought the staff was great, very friendly, and helpful. One problem that some people have is on return visits they get anxious to go and often spend time here on the message board and day dreaming about past times at CSA. Unfortunately, the result is we often remember things in a far better light then they maybe were and when we arrive things may not live up to that romanticized image. Don't be someone who is setting yourself up to find fault and be disappointed. You will have as amazing of a time as you are willing to let yourself. CSA is by far the best and most relaxing resort in the Caribbean that my wife and I have been to. Relax and enjoy. You won't be sorry you came.

Quote Originally Posted by caviargal View Post
    I disagree. We are visitors to JA who are paying to be at a resort where certain standards should be maintained, not "guests" in someone's home. I expect to have adequate towels and a stocked mini bar if that is what I am supposed to have. And I do not expect to have peeling paint and mold - this is a resort and not a budget one.

Staff should not be rude or unfriendly and to excuse that by saying that this behavior is the fault of a few rude guests is excusing that behavior based on your assumption that the guest is at fault.

I agree that we should all treat others with respect but IMO to excuse all the things you list as being acceptable or the fault of those who have unrealistically high expectations is blaming guests for things that are often under the control of the resort. This is a resort where people pay to vacation, not a room in someone's home.
    Well let me first say my comments were not ment to offend! I was just trying to say your in a beautiful place with wonderful people and you should be enjoying ones self. If you've been to couples before which it looks like you have the first thing they say to you is welcome home! I wasn't being literal,but that's how they want you to feel! Like your at home! I would never pretend to even know how many towels are the adequate amount, I'm a guy give me a towel I'll make do.

As for my remarks about the staff, I can promise you I have seen guests being...let's say difficult and never at anytime have I seen a staff member be anything but polite! The price we pay to be here doesn't give us the right to be rude or, unkind in anyway.

I too agree we pay a nice price to be here but I place the value on my experiences with the people and not so much weather everything is perfect. I can honestly say I've never experienced the issues that were brought up and was only trying to say " don't sweat the small stuff" and have a great time! This is the one place were its supposed to be "no problem".. 31 days and counting!!!

I just got back from CSA this past Sunday. I am not sure what people are talking about but our room was clean, the bar was stocked every day. The staff was amazing as usual. I dont expect all the staff to go out of there way to greet me or anything. I can tell you this not one of the staff was ever rude or acted like they did not care. It was nothing but smiles and no problem mon. I think the food was awesome and service on the beach was good as well. I cant wait to go back.

We have gone mainly to CSA having tried CSS once and it was just not for us. We met Ricardo on our first visit and every visit thereafter it was like seeing an old friend again. That goes for staff members who have been there year after year. When we went in Mar this year he told us of his move to CN and Karen coming to CSA. While we will miss him we will still go to CSA as that is the resort we like. We are looking forward to meeting Karen although I am sure we met her when she was at CSA before. We will just have to do trading places to say hello to our friend. If we have found in our mind our little piece of heaven we can escape to for a week or two and we are happy with our stay then who is managing it does not matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2