Default Romance Rewards expiring????

I just checked my RR account and noticed we lost credit for 16 nights,they expired. Of course this dropped us from the highest level down.
    I was under the impression as long as you kept coming back they would not expire,we have only missed 2009 but have hit every other year since 2005.
    The worse part of all this is that we lose our Couples massage and that is a highlight with the wife.
    Anyone else noticed there points "expiring"??

Yep, ours dropped also. We get back every year and a half on average. Going back for trip 5 in 2013. Just wish they didn't drop off so fast. We cannot go every year to keep them. No massage for us either.
    Randy and Betsy

Yes, unfortunately like you, we were at the highest level and now have been dropped down as well, so will lose the massage on our next visit...

there was a change to the policy on how/when the nights expire. i was a little disappointed in the change as it affected us as well. that doesn't mean i'll be trying out a different resort in Jamaica as was talked about on another post, but it has opened me up to trying out other islands and non-island destinations instead of worrying about making sure we return to Couples in time to keep our romance rewards level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbref View Post
    I just checked my RR account and noticed we lost credit for 16 nights,they expired. Of course this dropped us from the highest level down.
    I was under the impression as long as you kept coming back they would not expire,we have only missed 2009 but have hit every other year since 2005.
    The worse part of all this is that we lose our Couples massage and that is a highlight with the wife.
    Anyone else noticed there points "expiring"??

From the Romance Rewards Page: "Nights expire 4 years after they are earned."

Just checked my too and i lost points on 3/14/12. I've been there every year since 2008. What's up Randy???

Just Checked our account also. Lost 24 Points on 3/14 . One more Insult to Injury . There ARE" EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE" and My Dear Randy this REALY needs a Second Look. In MY Opinion a Loyal Guest is a Loyal Guest. If a Couple( and I know Many- Just attend a Repeaters Dinner) has been Loyal enough to return more than 5 years in a row,WHY should they loose Anything? Let alone POINTS (like we count and keep Returning because of Points) THERE SHOULD BE AN 'EXCEPTION TO THE RULE'. or an example to one. Want to go 10 years? we can do that too plus some and so can many other Loyal Guest . Come on Couples, Please take A SECOND LOOK. What would it hurt? Surely not your "Loyal Guest"

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Just checked my too and i lost points on 3/14/12. I've been there every year since 2008. What's up Randy???
    This is nothing new, it's been the rule for quite some time now.

"there was a change to the policy on how/when the nights expire. i was a little disappointed in the change as it affected us as well. that doesn't mean i'll be trying out a different resort in Jamaica as was talked about on another post, but it has opened me up to trying out other islands and non-island destinations instead of worrying about making sure we return to Couples in time to keep our romance rewards level up."

Seems you're reacting exactly opposite to what management wants, they want you to come every year, or twice a year and keep your position in the program up.

Yes, we found out when we went in March 2012 that the free couples massage is now only available at the highest level. We were so disappointed since it was our 4th year in a row and we had enjoyed it the year prior. It was a great way to start a vacation and when it was gone, we were bummed out. We just shrugged it off though and figured we'll be at the highest RR level next time and we'll be eligible for the free massage again but... now our points will expire so we won't ever get there and qualify for the highest level. Boo!

Of the 4 years in a row we've been there we have yet to use the day pass for CSA. The candles/lotion from two years ago are still in the original packaging. My hub wears the tshirts as a PJ top and we went to the repeater's dinner once. We would prefer the massage over any of the other gifts...

We are also with you. We are returning to CSA day after tomorrow and our points dropped last month We aren't able to come every year either, but have stayed a total of over a month at Couples resorts-most trips of 5 or 6 nights in length, since 2003. I am bummed about the newer system and had hoped that since we had already booked this stay, the points wouldn't drop until after our arrival--not sure how they calculate that 4 year thing since we were there 2003, 2005(two resorts) and 2008. We dropped from ''passionate" to "young", but at least we are still recognized for repeat business.

How can I tell by looking when my Rewards will expire?

Wow, where have I been? I just checked and we lost 20 points...not happy at all Randymon!

Just saw the "4 Year" expiration someone above mentioned, but that only confuses me more. If they don't expire for 4 years then why are people who were there just a year or two ago losing points to expiration?

I'm going to take a shot at explaining what I think has happened, based on my account.

In March 2008, Couples converted Reward Points to Reward Nights. My account shows +29 for this conversion.

For subsequent trips we accumulated Nights, not Points:
    • 2008 - Sans Souci (7)
    • 2009 - Swept Away (8),
    • 2010 - Ocho Rios (8),
    • 2011 - Ocho Rios (8)

This gave us an additional 39 nights - add that to the 29 where we started and that's 68 nights.

It's now March 2012, four years since the first nights were accumulated in 2008, so they have expired. My account shows a deduction of 29 points, but my balance still remains at 39 nights at the Passionate Level. I am going to assume that in 2013, the nights from 2009 (which will not be as large a deduction as the conversion) will be deducted as they will have expired; in 2014, my nights from 2009 will have expired; and so on and so forth.

As the rules states "Nights expire 4 years after they are earned", not that you have four years to book a stay to keep your amount.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    How can I tell by looking when my Rewards will expire?
    Log in to see your status. The "activity" tab may require some calculation on your part (i.e. if you have credits in early 2008, you'll notice this is 2012 and they may expire soon).
    http://couples.com/romance-rewards/login.php

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    This is nothing new, it's been the rule for quite some time now.

"there was a change to the policy on how/when the nights expire. i was a little disappointed in the change as it affected us as well. that doesn't mean i'll be trying out a different resort in Jamaica as was talked about on another post, but it has opened me up to trying out other islands and non-island destinations instead of worrying about making sure we return to Couples in time to keep our romance rewards level up."

Seems you're reacting exactly opposite to what management wants, they want you to come every year, or twice a year and keep your position in the program up.
    What we are "reacting" to is the fact that some of us ARE returning every year. If you are not EXACT to the date, as the four year expiration happens, you LOSE. I think it should be by calendar year, not exact date. Say one year you travel in February, the next in March, then April, and then the next in October. Well, if you decide to come back in the wrong month, your points might expire. My point is, it is by month instead of a calendar year.
    We have been to Couples every year since 2006, including last year twice. BUT, since we are going back in May this year and not March, we've already lost points from March 2008. We have trouble finding a decent flight out of St. Louis, which is why our months change every year. (And why we are never able to book ahead for the Early Escapes deals for the credits)
    I wish they would review the policy, and consider the calendar year instead of by the exact date.

Even at the 2nd level (Young Love - 6-13 nights) you get a $100.00 resort credit....
    Use it in the spa and get your massage!!!
    Win-win

The rule is that the nights expire four years after the date they have been added to your account. As long as you return at least once for the same number nights within the four years, you remain at the same level.

I think this is generous, fair and reasonable.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 25th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Just checked my too and i lost points on 3/14/12. ...
    This is nothing new, it's been the rule for quite some time now. ...
    What is new is that many people are losing points at the same time.
    All participants in the former program had their credits converted to "points" on 3/14/08. So four years later, on 3/14/12, a large number of points expired for everyone in one big wave. It was predetermined and I'm sure at some point in time Couples management knew this was coming.

Personally if I ran marketing and a website in a situation such as this I might have gotten in front of it by posting something (say in Jan or Feb) like "hey everyone, reminder that 3/14/12 is 4 years later and your converted points expire, so book now..." But hey that's just me

Nights Stayed are cumulative. No benefits are earned on complimentary stays or Industry Discounted Rates. Nights expire 4 years after they are earned. One Romance Rewards account per couple. To receive credit for your stay, provide your Romance Rewards number to the Front Desk prior to check-out. Your account will credited 30 days after check-out. Duplicate registrations will be cancelled. It is guest responsibility to verify accuracy of their account. You have up to 12 months from the travel date to contact us and request an update. If the nights' balance on your account is incorrect please contact us.

Couples Resorts