Default Excited and Confused

I have just booked a trip for July and am very excited. I have been watching the reviews on trip advisor and they totally confuse me. Most are good speaking of the beautiful beach and top notch service. Today however I read two bad reviews and one of them has to do with the staff. The reviewer is a return customer stating the staff is mostly new and not well trained. They site numerous instances of poor service. Now most people speak of the same staff working there year after year and being treated like family. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from?

Ignore. We just got back from 2 weeks and loved the place. The staff are fantastic and some have been there years. The good is top notch, the beach is fantastic. Relax, and go and have a pampered vacation.

I am a long repeat Couples fan. I think what it might be is that when we repeaters return once/sometimes twice a year, we get to know the staff so well. When changes occur, it might be that it is a training period for new staff, who have not gotten a chance to form those memories with the guests. The guests are used to that familiar smile from a face that they recognize. I know that your trip has been magical, as all of ours have been for 11 years. We will be doing a CTI/CN split from June 28-July 3. Maybe we will get to meet you. No worries, mon!

I just returned from CSA, April 9 - 14th. One thing I can say for sure is the staff and service are amazing! From the check-in, the restaurant staff, bars, etc. they were all great. I can not imagine better service anywhere.

What resort?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We are staying at CSA. Thanks for all the good info. Can't wait to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Marla Glodich View Post
    I have just booked a trip for July and am very excited. I have been watching the reviews on trip advisor and they totally confuse me. Most are good speaking of the beautiful beach and top notch service. Today however I read two bad reviews and one of them has to do with the staff. The reviewer is a return customer stating the staff is mostly new and not well trained. They site numerous instances of poor service. Now most people speak of the same staff working there year after year and being treated like family. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from?
    ....Trip Advisor doesn't seeem to be a good source of info.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla Glodich View Post
    We are staying at CSA. Thanks for all the good info. Can't wait to get there!
    Hi Marla,

I totally understand what TA reviews can do to you... We are Repeat Couples guests venturing out of our comfort zone in 3 weeks to Punta Cana and the reveiws are making me crazy, but no way I can stop reading them, so I won't even go there.

Make sure your expectations are real is my best piece of advice. Expect no glitz or glamour in the rooms, a bit dated actually. Expect service to be much slower than you are used to (very typical in the Caribbean) you are on vacation mon no worries. Expect very friendly service, and exceptional food! A laid back atmosphere that is condusive to love and romance! The Jamaican people are wonderful, as is their country! Do not hesitate to take a day off the resort.

We love Couples for what it is. I fear I will be comparing everything in Punta Cana to it in 3 weeks and I am trying to get in the right mindset to not do that.

Enjoy your upcoming trip, and GET EXCITED, you will be in Jamaica soon!

Marie

CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN 2013

Marla,
    you have to look at the numbers in total on TA, not the few reviews that do not give a positive view of CSA. Just looked at TA and the rating of CSA, and so far there have been 2,276 reviews. Out of that, 1,950 rate it as excellent or good, and only 172 rate it as terrible or poor. If my math is correct, that gives CSA an 86% approval rating and only a 7% disapproval rating. For us, we have to go with the masses. I figure that 10% will hate a place and 10% will love a place, and anything better than that is amazing. And amazing is exactly what you will get at CSA. Those that berate a place like CSA, or any of the other Couples resorts, are those that are impossible to please and live their life complaining about everything. The saying goes, you can't please all the people all the time, but if you can please 86% of them, you have done a hell of a good job.

Some things bother some people more than it bothers others. I have been reading reviews to tie me over till our trip in July. the latest review was a 5 star review but the person mentioned their room choice wasn't ready the first night but it wasn't a big deal to them, that CSA compensated them for it, and that they heard a lot of people in the lobby with them had a similar experience, they just thought that was an area for improvement. Other people's reviews with a similar experience were very upset by it, so I guess it is all perspective.

Default Beware the Whiners

Here is my review from TA and I mean every word of it. We have traveled quite a bit to various all inclusives, ala carte resorts, day trips and we also work in the hospitality biz. Needless to say we have seen the complainers and whiners from both sides of the fence. There are reviews of CTI on TA from March that are somewhat negative I believe I saw those folks in action and if any staff were not as amiable towards them as they were to other guetss I can understand why. It's one thing to be on holiday and sometimes mess up in your approach to any given situation it's another to make a job out of being miserable. So trust me go to CTI and enjoy if you a concern or a problem speak to Guest services and the problem will be resolved. My Words not Couples " if you are high maintenance you are on your own". Be sure to check out the recently renovated bowling alley in the Tower basement. Enjoy your holiday mc
    “Once again Couples proves they have what it takes”

Reviewed 21 April 2012 NEW

people found this review helpful

On March 20 2012 my wife and I (early 50's) along with our daughter and son in law (mid 20's) traveled to Couples Tower Isle this was our 2nd trip to a Couples Resort (CN in 2011) and first time for the kids. Since our return from CN the kids have thought we had joined a cult as we spoke so highly of our experience in Negril and there are very few negative reviews of any Couples property on TA. Needless to say they had fairly high expectations. We flew Westjet from Toronto to Mo Bay there is something to be said about leaving at 10:15 in the morning it's just so humane. As always superb Westjet service no hassles & on time. Arrive Mo Bay 1:15 J time zip through customs remember each adult needs to fill out a form and both sides. Keep the departure tag tear off in a safe palce you need it to get home. Around the corner to Couples Lounge a great welcome home and a couple of Red Stripes. We 4 were the only group on the bus our fanatastic driver Dane loads us up and off we go remember a couple of Red Stripes for the ride. Yeah it takes about an 1 1/2 hr to get to CTI but there is plenty to see and Dane points out all the hot spots so it doesn't seem that long. Arrive at CTI greeted by the greatest bellman in the world Byron cold drinks and cool towels for everyone, a few minutes at the desk and we are off to our rooms. Some folks say the rooms a dated and tired. We did not find ours to be that at all. Our room was very spacious the bed was comfortable the fridge and coffee maker worked fine, the mini bar was always full. The plumbing functioned as it should and the balcony over looking the gardens was a great size. From our arrival til our departure we never wanted for anything. Anything that we could desire was taken care of, the answer to our every request was NO PROBLEM. The food is spectacular be it off the buffet, patio grill, or served in the Veranada, Eight Rivers or Bay Side 5 star all the way. I have read complaints about the service being slow all I can say it isn`t Denny`s or Mickey D`s (thank God) so calm down Soon Come mon. Bar service is great ( Sometimes too good) . 7 days in paradise flies by way to quickly time to go back to reality and start saving for our return. We are returning to Couples next year CTI who knows we still have 2 other properties to discover. Our driver asked us on the way to the airport which Resort we prefered CN or CTI? I replied that it like having 2 children they both have individuality but they are both great. Thanks again to all the GREAT FANTASTIC STAFF at CTI for making our holiday Top Drawer. mc

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple Value
    Rooms
    Cleanliness

Thanks so much for the good info. We went to Punta Cana last year and loved it. Very beautiful and the people make the trip. I am certain you will love it!

We're Couples repeaters (CSA 1 X - CSS 1 X - CN 5 X w/ # 6 booked) & I will just say that we had tried other Jamaican AI's (& other islands) before we found Couples & the others don't compare ...... The rooms may not be as glitzy but the atmosphere is THE BEST ......... Not sure which resort you're going to but have tried some of the competition & Couples has spoiled us .... We've never looked back at the others so go with NO WORRIES ........ Is Couples perfect ????? ...... NO but it's closer than anyplace else we've been ........... LOVE IT !!!!!!
    Julie