Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CTI August 2013

My wife and i are booked for CTI Aug 20-30. Its our second time at couples but first time at CTI. We are very excited!

Default Brawd

Quote Originally Posted by McIntyre0110 View Post
    My wife and i are booked for CTI Aug 20-30. Its our second time at couples but first time at CTI. We are very excited!
    We will be there from 8/23 thru 9/1, we've been to CSA three times and the promotion offered was so great we decided to try CTI! I hope we love it as much as we love love CSA! We're gonna miss our repeater friends we made at CSA but they want us to let them know how we like CTI. SO...here we go!!

McIntyre0110 we are going to be there the same time! You are going to love CTI we have been a few times its awesome! How old you guys, if you don't mind me asking? Are you late night people? Always trying to find people for late night drinking!

My wife and I are going to be at CTI Aug 20-30. Second time at couples, first time at TI. We are very excited!

Great advice, Capt! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mctighth View Post
    McIntyre0110 we are going to be there the same time! You are going to love CTI we have been a few times its awesome! How old you guys, if you don't mind me asking? Are you late night people? Always trying to find people for late night drinking!
    Hey mctighth, glad to hear another great review of CTI. We are 28 & 29 and are up for late night drinking sometimes, as long as the sun, surf, and day-drinking hasn't wiped us out! We'll see you there!

It's been one year since I started the CTI August 2013 thread....Time flies people..Enjoy your families and friends...122 days till Paradise! Peace!

Bob & Deb will be there 24-31 Stop by and say hello!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    Bob & Deb will be there 24-31 Stop by and say hello!!
    Doing the Double Digit Dance!! Will look for you at the swim up bar....

Pool bar it is! I am a big dude with a huge scorpion tat on the left arm

My wife and I are going to be at CTI Aug 20-30. Second time at couples, first time at TI. We are very excited!
    McIntyre0110- We will be there from the 18th to 28th so we should run into each other along with mctighth, who will be there the same time. I'll admit we're part of the older crowd (49 and 52), but I've never felt any different than when I was in my late 20s/early 30s. I'm looking forward as much to the nightlife fun as all the daytime activities. I know with all the activities and sun all day we could fall victim and be too wiped out to make it past 10 or 11, but I guess we'll see how that goes. If I had my way I'd never sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ank View Post
    I've been fighting the urge to post this since so far in the future, but lost the battle...CTI confirmed for 8/24-8/31 2013.....Can't wait...Only 487 days to go!
    Wow, the anticipation must be killing you! We'll be there from the 18th - 28th, booked back in March and have been on the message boards almost daily since then! I can't wait! Can't imagine what it must be like to book over a year in advance, then have to wait all that time, but we're thinking about a Couples Barbados trip next year which has to be booked in the next few weeks before the $1000 air fare credit goes away. We may have that long to wait ourselves if we do!

My husband and I (41 & 42) and another couple will be going to CTI 8/25 - 9/1 for our first time! Looking forward to great relaxation and enjoying ALL aspects available that we can! Any DOs/DONTs will be greatly appreciated! Also, So excited to meeting new friends! 98 More Days!!!! : ) YEAH!!!!

My husband & I (41& 42) and another couple will be at CTI 8/25 - 9/1 for our first time. Looking forward to meeting new people and experiencing some great fun & relaxation. Any DOs/DONTs would be greatly appreciated!! ; )

McIntyre0110 we arrive on the 23rd... are you guys ones to stay up late at the bar?

Hey @sandman799!

You are correct sir! Top it off with the fact that we've been there 3 other times before and the anticipation is definitely a killer..See ya there...

My wife and I will arrive 8/23 for 10 glorious days for our first trip to CTI after 3 CSA trips. Looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time. We are 62/61, but hang in there with the best of them. I hope the swim up pool bar is as good as the one at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by mdford0418 View Post
    My husband and I (41 & 42) and another couple will be going to CTI 8/25 - 9/1 for our first time! Looking forward to great relaxation and enjoying ALL aspects available that we can! Any DOs/DONTs will be greatly appreciated! Also, So excited to meeting new friends! 98 More Days!!!! : ) YEAH!!!!
    We're first timers (Aug 18 - 27th) so I don't speak from experience, but here's what I've learned from the message board:
    DO pack lots of sunscreen and use it often. Expensive to buy on site and you don't want sunburn early on and lessen your enjoyment the rest of the time you're there. If going to the island, apply in your room first - just looks wrong rubbing that on some parts when nude!
    DO NOT wait to go to the island if you're so inclined. Lots of people commented that they liked it so much they regretted waiting to the end of their trip to go, and if they could do it over again would have spent more time there.
    DO get any massages at the spa before you get sunburned. This tip is from my son and daughter in law who have been there twice. This last time they waited until their trip was almost over for their massages and were sunburned. The massages were just forceful enough on their burnt skin that it was anything but relaxing.
    DO water sports earlier in the day when the surf is calmer. It gets windier and more choppy as the day progresses and may get rough enough that water activities are halted.
    DO reserve the cat cruise, scuba, or anything else that could be cancelled if water gets rough early so if they are cancelled you have time left to reschedule and not miss out on them.
    If considering the Club Money Lounge at the airport, look on line to see landing times of flights on the same day as your arrival. If there are a lot of flights that day and yours is not one of the earlier ones, then Club Money may be worth it to whisk you past the long lines at immigration. If you don't think that will be an issue, then it's probably not worth it on arrival since you'll get free drinks at the Couples lounge and they'll get you on your way to the resort probably within half an hour of arrival. Departures on the other hand are different. The bus to the airport leaves about 4 to 4 1/2 hours prior to your flight, so you'll have a couple of hours after getting to the airport to either shop or wait to board your flight back. We got the Club Money passes for our departure just to ease our transition back to reality with some final pampering in the form of even more free food and drink and comfortable surroundings before having to get on the plane.
    DO tip the airport luggage porters and driver to and from the airport, and the cat cruise crew since they do not work for the resort. DO NOT tip anyone on the Couples staff, including the airport lounge workers. Some say they can be fired for accepting tips but even if that weren't the case, if tipping were tolerated by management, it wouldn't be long before those who don't tip would be treated much differently than those who did, which would ruin the current atmosphere at Couples where EVERYONE is given superb service. There are other ways to show appreciation for staff mentioned on the posts about tipping, such as bringing chocolates or school supplies.
    DO look in advance at the cruise ship schedule at Ocho Rios and try to schedule Dunn's River Falls or other off resort activities for days when ships aren't in port. Less crowds!
    Other tips on best room, activities, restaurants, etc are a matter of personal preference, but it doesn't sound like we'd be disappointed no matter what we choose in these areas. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Last time I was at the swim up bar I never made it to dinner!!!

Can't wait to meet everybody. We are 55/51. Both much too young for our age. I can hang.......I can hang

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    Can't wait to meet everybody. We are 55/51. Both much too young for our age. I can hang.......I can hang
    We'll be there 18 - 26 Aug so we may just see you at the pool bar. We're 49/52 and agree, way too young for our ages. We'll look for the scorpion tat and hopefully find you schooling the 20-somethings!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    We're first timers (Aug 18 - 27th) so I don't speak from experience, but here's what I've learned from the message board:
    DO pack lots of sunscreen and use it often. Expensive to buy on site and you don't want sunburn early on and lessen your enjoyment the rest of the time you're there. If going to the island, apply in your room first - just looks wrong rubbing that on some parts when nude!
    DO NOT wait to go to the island if you're so inclined. Lots of people commented that they liked it so much they regretted waiting to the end of their trip to go, and if they could do it over again would have spent more time there.
    DO get any massages at the spa before you get sunburned. This tip is from my son and daughter in law who have been there twice. This last time they waited until their trip was almost over for their massages and were sunburned. The massages were just forceful enough on their burnt skin that it was anything but relaxing.
    DO water sports earlier in the day when the surf is calmer. It gets windier and more choppy as the day progresses and may get rough enough that water activities are halted.
    DO reserve the cat cruise, scuba, or anything else that could be cancelled if water gets rough early so if they are cancelled you have time left to reschedule and not miss out on them.
    If considering the Club Money Lounge at the airport, look on line to see landing times of flights on the same day as your arrival. If there are a lot of flights that day and yours is not one of the earlier ones, then Club Money may be worth it to whisk you past the long lines at immigration. If you don't think that will be an issue, then it's probably not worth it on arrival since you'll get free drinks at the Couples lounge and they'll get you on your way to the resort probably within half an hour of arrival. Departures on the other hand are different. The bus to the airport leaves about 4 to 4 1/2 hours prior to your flight, so you'll have a couple of hours after getting to the airport to either shop or wait to board your flight back. We got the Club Money passes for our departure just to ease our transition back to reality with some final pampering in the form of even more free food and drink and comfortable surroundings before having to get on the plane.
    DO tip the airport luggage porters and driver to and from the airport, and the cat cruise crew since they do not work for the resort. DO NOT tip anyone on the Couples staff, including the airport lounge workers. Some say they can be fired for accepting tips but even if that weren't the case, if tipping were tolerated by management, it wouldn't be long before those who don't tip would be treated much differently than those who did, which would ruin the current atmosphere at Couples where EVERYONE is given superb service. There are other ways to show appreciation for staff mentioned on the posts about tipping, such as bringing chocolates or school supplies.
    DO look in advance at the cruise ship schedule at Ocho Rios and try to schedule Dunn's River Falls or other off resort activities for days when ships aren't in port. Less crowds!
    Other tips on best room, activities, restaurants, etc are a matter of personal preference, but it doesn't sound like we'd be disappointed no matter what we choose in these areas. Looking forward to seeing you there!
    Thanks! Got plenty of sunscreen from when we were in Mexico! And the rest sounds awesome!! ; ) Cant wait to be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone! Trying to tan before we go so wont be much of shock when we get there! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    We'll be there 18 - 26 Aug so we may just see you at the pool bar. We're 49/52 and agree, way too young for our ages. We'll look for the scorpion tat and hopefully find you schooling the 20-somethings!
    Funny!! School will be open my friend!! BTW Bob Marley shots are no big deal!

[QUOTE=BTW Bob Marley shots are no big deal![/QUOTE]

Never tried one but plan to just based on so many people on the "what's the first thing you do?" thread immediately getting a Bob Marley shot. Must be good, and if they're no big deal then we can drink even more of them! I plan to try all the drinks we can't get anywhere else except the really girlie ones (might sample the wife's drink though)!

oh they are good...trust me. They are something you have to try. it raises everyone's eybrows when you order one, but I think it's all hype. LOL. Look forward to meeting you there!

My husband and I will be at CTI August 10-18! This will be our 7th trip to Couples! Can't wait to meetup with friends and meet new ones along the way! 46 days
    Brandi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast