Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Singles at thenAN Area

Ditto!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brad&ann View Post
    All I can say is that we have been to CN for many years and LOVE it. There are times when I or Brad go back to the room for a break from the sun, the other will usually stay on the beach or just go in the water until the other returns. We certainly hope that this 'freedom' doesn't change. In the 7 years we have been going to CN, we have met wonderful people and have never seen issues at all that have given us a moment's concern. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING because of a few classless people.

There should be rules of conduct at all of the resorts and if not abided by the culprits should be asked to leave
    the premises.
    We just returned from CTI and in my opinion the island should be made available once a week for those of us
    who do not participate in nudity. We are not prudes however do not go to the areas of nudity.
    It would be nice to be able to spend the day on the island and those going there are getting preferential
    treatment.
    I realize that those using these areas will not like this idea however I am sure I am not alone in my comments

Quote Originally Posted by jjc60 View Post
    There should be rules of conduct at all of the resorts and if not abided by the culprits should be asked to leave
    the premises.
    We just returned from CTI and in my opinion the island should be made available once a week for those of us
    who do not participate in nudity. We are not prudes however do not go to the areas of nudity.
    It would be nice to be able to spend the day on the island and those going there are getting preferential
    treatment.
    I realize that those using these areas will not like this idea however I am sure I am not alone in my comments
    Really? And then where would the AN crowd be dispatched to on those days? The island is there specifically for nude sunbathing and this is clearly stated on the Couples website. This is not preferential treatment, the AN areas are separated by design so that neither the nude or the textile crowds are uncomfortable.

I'm always a little amused at people who want to change the rules - and even more so with your comment on a post that is clearly about abiding by the rules.

treatment.
    Fine with me, as long as "islanders" can use the main pool AN that day. Seems fair to me that we should be allowed the same preferential treatment as those using the main pool. I love to swim nude and am basically not allowed to now...

As much as I'd like to spend a day out there, the island is purposed as "nude only". It's not preferential treatment, and it is a huge draw for them.

Buy a dinner out there, have someone boat you out before island hours, swim to it before hours, but realize that the request is a bit selfish.

the premises.
    treatment.
    Where is the AN crowd supposed to go on this day ?

We are going to CTI for the first time in March after a visit to CSS earlier this year, we will not go to CSA due to the lack of AN facilities...a policy like this would ensure that we would never be tempted to visit CTI.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    Fine with me, as long as "islanders" can use the main pool AN that day. Seems fair to me that we should be allowed the same preferential treatment as those using the main pool. I love to swim nude and am basically not allowed to now...
    My sentiments, exactly. If the island can open to textile goers for a day, then the pools and beach on the mainland can open for the nudes on that day. But then of course people would complain, because "that day" wouldn't work out for them and their schedule.
    Vicky

On San Souci SSB beach we have to cover-up at 5pm so the textiles can come watch the sunset. Maybe it should be mandatory that all textiles go to SSB at 5pm and the main beach is A/N after 5pm!!!!!.

the premises.
    treatment.
    jjc60, I can certainly understand your desire to spend a day enjoying the unique experience of Tower Island, nude or not nude. I'm sure everyone on this thread understands that. But AN people go to CTI specifically for that reason, and while one day may not seem like a big deal for AN guests to keep their clothes on, that particular vacation may be the only time they can enjoy an AN experience for maybe the year or maybe their life. So it would not behoove Couples to change their philosophy for the island unless they could provide a suitable alternative, such as busing the AN people to CSS for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineseekers View Post
    On San Souci SSB beach we have to cover-up at 5pm so the textiles can come watch the sunset. Maybe it should be mandatory that all textiles go to SSB at 5pm and the main beach is A/N after 5pm!!!!!.
    Great Idea!

We will be at CN in 18 sleeps and I will most likley be down at the AN beach again as a solo. My wifes comes over for awhile but never stays long. She loves the pool and I love the sun. I have not had any issues but she's been asked to leave when she got a little chilled and put on a cover up so she's somewhat mad at them for that. I'm at CN to relax and warm up. We have meet some wonderful people on the AN side and none has ever said anything about my wife not being around with me all the time over there. They all know her so maybe that's the difference, I don't know. I guess we will fine out in the next few days if things are the same or not.

Just a quick note RE "solo"

We are repeat guests at the resorts and do enjoy the AU beach. At times each of have been on the beach without the other . We arrive together but one of us may go back to the room for an hour ... or for a walk ... Then later return . The point is that we are not there to pick up others . We like to sunbath nude and although we are a happy couple we are not conjoined twins.

I am aware of the scenario you are trying to address (the leering creepies with the ipads are easy to spot) but please continue to use common sense when enforcing rules of conduct. It is a nude beach after all... People will see you naked.

We'll be back in April (4th time) Can't wait ... it is sooo cold here !!

bye for now
    A&E

Alex of Nova Scotia.... We'll be returning to C.T.I. for our 4th time as well this April... 8--19. We love it there. When are you going? I agree.....common sense is the best way to go. Sometimes these talk groups take on a life of their own.

If everyone used common sense then there wouldn't be a need for rules at all....but that doesn't happen.
    So how do you decide which rules you follow & which you don't?
    Does everyone get to choose which rules they ignore?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by AlexOfNovaScotia View Post
    Just a quick note RE "solo"

We are repeat guests at the resorts and do enjoy the AU beach. At times each of have been on the beach without the other . We arrive together but one of us may go back to the room for an hour ... or for a walk ... Then later return . The point is that we are not there to pick up others . We like to sunbath nude and although we are a happy couple we are not conjoined twins.

I am aware of the scenario you are trying to address (the leering creepies with the ipads are easy to spot) but please continue to use common sense when enforcing rules of conduct. It is a nude beach after all... People will see you naked.

We'll be back in April (4th time) Can't wait ... it is sooo cold here !!

bye for now
    A&E
    Hi Alex of Nova Scotia, I enjoy using my Ipad to read my books and my wife uses her Kindle but I have never considered myself to be a "leering creepy" before just now. I hope that people that use these devices are not all of a sudden suspect and not to be trusted. I do however leer at my wife at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    If everyone used common sense then there wouldn't be a need for rules at all....but that doesn't happen.
    Very good point, Captain!

Captain Jim, I was recently berated by the message board police for relaying some of my past behavior which did not follow the rules to a T. However, upon reviewing other posts by these same message board police, I found admissions of their "bending the rules" in other areas. I think Couples does it right by leaving the policing to the people at the resort, not the people on this message board.

It sure gets tiring of seeing posts by guests laying their "holier than thou" judgments upon other guests and suggesting that Couples doesn't like their kind and they need to go elsewhere. It might be more beneficial to respond by stating the rules, then give examples of the enforcement and/or non-enforcement of the rules based on their past experiences, and then include a caveat that the strict enforcement or "bending of the rules" may depend on the people at the resort at that time.

Just consider the rule that you can only be on the AN beach as a couple. How many people follow that rule to a T 100% of the time? People need to remember that its a vacation, not a boot camp. The rules are to use maturity, common sense, and mutual respect. That works 95% of the time. For the other 5%, let security handle it.

Dave I'm not "holier than thou". I break some rules sometimes like everybody else. But I don't try to justify it by saying I'm not doing any harm. I'M BREAKING A RULE. Why do you think Couples had to initiate this rule? Because there were problems which is how must rules come in to existence. I for one don't want security wandering around the A/N beach all day. That would make my wife uncomfortable. And isn't that why we have these rules? So people will be comfortable. I'm sure most single guys on the A/N beach don't realize that perhaps they are making someone else uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me personally but from what I've read & observed it can make some women uncomfortable and just because I'm on vacation it doesn't give me the right to interfere with their enjoyment of the A/N beach or any other part their vacation. You don't throw civility out the window & justify it by saying "I'm on vacation".....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Dave I'm not "holier than thou". I break some rules sometimes like everybody else. But I don't try to justify it by saying I'm not doing any harm. I'M BREAKING A RULE. Why do you think Couples had to initiate this rule? Because there were problems which is how must rules come in to existence. I for one don't want security wandering around the A/N beach all day. That would make my wife uncomfortable. And isn't that why we have these rules? So people will be comfortable. I'm sure most single guys on the A/N beach don't realize that perhaps they are making someone else uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me personally but from what I've read & observed it can make some women uncomfortable and just because I'm on vacation it doesn't give me the right to interfere with their enjoyment of the A/N beach or any other part their vacation. You don't throw civility out the window & justify it by saying "I'm on vacation".....
    Exactly.

He's just upset because he was called for planning on being there alone and telling us it's our problem if we find that a little creepy.

It might be more beneficial to respond by stating the rules, then give examples of the enforcement and/or non-enforcement of the rules based on their past experiences
    /Quote.

My wife was spoken to in the middle of the day when I was a few minutes late getting to the beach BECAUSE that is the rule. She was there AND I was on my way. She wasn't planning on being there alone and didn't tell anyone the rule didn't apply..

Well said.

The rules are there for a reason. You can't just break one because you may not agree, and follow others because you do agree. No one follows them to a tee, but having the ideology that that rules only apply if you think no harm is being done, then it's wrong on many levels. Sometimes we have no idea how our actions affect others unless it's pointed out to us. Unfortunately Dave was the brunt of much hostility in another post for his so called "bending" of some rules. Some of the reaction was certainly uncalled for. If people did use some common sense and had some respect for others, then there would not need be rules in place. Unfortunately some in the past have forced management to implement policy in certain areas for the enjoyment of all who visit Couples. The thing I don't understand is how some think it's ok to break a rule made by management. If that's ok, then none of the rules need to be followed if you don't agree. We would have singles at the AN areas, topless bathing in the pools, men wearing sandals at the fancy restaurants, and public displays of affection (aka sexual activity) going on everywhere. Total anarchy. I think most want their vacation to be a relaxing time. At Couples, it should be a relaxing time spent with your SO. I don't want to be made to be uncomfortable because someone is breaking some rules. I certainly would not want to be the one making anyone else uncomfortable on their vacation. It is all about respect. Respect for others, the property, the staff, and the rules.

Hmmm...I never justify breaking rules just because I am on vacation. That is not what I said. If you read my comment, my point is that we are all adults and for the most part we use common sense and act respectfully of others, rendering the need for Couples to fully enforce the rules on a daily basis moot. But of course the rules are necessary to avoid the armageddon that Novastar alluded to.

What Questor is referring to is my admission to going to the nude hot tub at CN once in awhile by myself and drinking one final beer under the stars before going to bed, only if no one else was there. This would typically happen for around 15 minutes between 1:00-2:00 in the morning. And on the rare occasion that other people showed up, I would leave. I was berated for being on the nude beach as a single, and that if they arrived at that time and saw me there, they would not even talk to me but would turn and run away from the creepy perv in the hot tub. For anyone that knows me at Couples, they would vouch that I am very conscientious of others. But sorry, with attitudes like that, I do not sympathize with that level of immaturity.

The funny thing is, people admit to bending or breaking rules, but then follow it up by preaching to others about why THEY shouldn't bend or break rules. Isn't that the definition of "holier than thou"?

why is it so creepy for a guy to be alone but no one says anything about a woman being there by herself. i was at cti a couple of weeks ago and there was a woman out on the island one day by herself. it was in the morning and i figured her husband was golfing. but really i could care less. i just think everyone needs to grow up and act like the adults we r. we r there with r SO not to check out other people. but rules r rules.

Quote Originally Posted by cdspieth View Post
    why is it so creepy for a guy to be alone but no one says anything about a woman being there by herself?
    It's not the notion of a man by himself; it's the history of discomforting incidents that have occurred on occasion when a lone man has visited the a/n area and engaged in inappropriate behavior. If you've been a guest of the resorts for many years (or been on the MB for years, for that matter), then you've probably heard about a few of the unfortunate incidents, none of which involved a lone woman.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default secuity

Randymon...as I see it the issue is not your guests....it's the lack of enforcement by the resorts. I have been to TI twice and never saw any issue with any man or women visiting on their own. But, at sunset beach ( been there twice) have seen on various occasions single men at the beach. My wife and I follow the rules...if one leaves we both leave...we are their as a couple. Security issues to me are your issues. At check in the policy should be stated...it should be posted...and enforced. Please remember not all your guests read your website. We are looking forward to our next visit...with or without good security.....one last point, if it wasn't a couples only beach...my wife probably would stay on the textile side.

Hello, I'm usually a live and let live kind of gal......but I feel compelled to share something my mother always told me......The measure of a person isn't how they behave when people are watching, but how they behave when people aren't watching. So we all know the rules, they are there for the benefit of all....so can't we just all enjoy our vacations?????

One Love!:-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast