Default CTI island question

Can you come and go from the island as you please or does the boat only run at designated times? Also, do they serve food on the island?

The boat is the only way to "come and go from the island". It doesn't run on any schedule but when people are at the pier or dock waiting to go to come from the island.

They do serve a nice lunch every day around noon every day. It's a hot buffet and very good. You can also go back to the mainland and have lunch there if you prefer.

Food is brought out to the island usually chicken or fish the with salad and rice. The food is good but not much to choose from. Not a complaint by any means but there is much more back at the resort. It sure is nice not having to leave the island.

We never had to wait more than five minutes for the boat and that was when we just missed the previous one and it had to go out to the island and come back.

There is lunch available but that is it for food. They bring out stainless serving containers with a couple of entrees and salad. Be careful with the salad as the wind can easily cause it to go flying! A couple of days we went back to the mainland, got food at the veggie bar and then headed back.

Yes, you can come and go as you please. Get up from your chair and start getting dressed, usually that's a signal that you're ready to go and the boat will then be there shortly. You may have to wait like two minutes at the dock, tops.

There is a lunch served in the middle of the day. It's buffet style and always includes fish, chicken, rice and vegetables. I love it, my husband tolerates it, and sometimes goes back for a jerk burger instead.

We were there years ago & are going back this July.
    Last time we were there they would take you back and forth in a small fishing boat with a little motor. We would swim out to the island quite often. Looking forward to seeing the changes as they would drop off a cooler of beer for anyone to drink. Just towels, a cooler, nice lounge chairs, very nice people and no bathroom. Hoping for the same atmosphere!

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    We were there years ago & are going back this July.
    Last time we were there they would take you back and forth in a small fishing boat with a little motor. We would swim out to the island quite often. Looking forward to seeing the changes as they would drop off a cooler of beer for anyone to drink. Just towels, a cooler, nice lounge chairs, very nice people and no bathroom. Hoping for the same atmosphere!
    Wow, you must have been there a long time ago. Welcome back. They now have a small stocked bar with a bartender, a blender for frozen drinks, red stripe on tap, Miller Lite cans, better boat, lunch on the island and a bathroom. The nice lounge chairs and very nice people are still there. I think there is much more vegetation from what you remember which gives you more privacy. The atmosphere will undoubtedly be the same if not better than you remember. You can get your towels at the shack at the beginning of the pier.

I haven't checked this site for a while. And who do I find? Don & Cindy Really looking forward to see you both. Back in the early 90's, the "lil skipper", was the tiny boat that could only take two couples at a time. Climbing down the ladder to get in was tough for a lot of people. And when you got to the island, you put your feet over the edge of the boat and jump in. The water was around your knees. No one thought about it, we just did it. That was the only way to get over there, we would do anything. Now while the morning commute had it's own problems to deal with, the five o'clock ride was even more difficult. Think about it. Spending the entire day, naked, with a bunch of strangers that you feel as though you have known forever. We've been laughing and drinking all day. The sun has left it's mark on all of us. We hear the tiny water craft approaching. Just having to put on our clothes is a struggle. Imagine how it will be when we attempt to get into that transport vehicle. What a sight.
    Today, with the pontoon, six or more couples ride in style. Boy. I can't wait to get there. See you soon guys.