Default Best Resort to stay at

We will be heading to Couples Negril for the 3rd time in 5 years and I love it but thinking for the next trip of changing to either Tower Isle or Sans Souci. We love the nude beach at Negril but are thinking of checking out the other resorts. Does anyone who has stayed at either of the other resorts have any recommendations on which one they prefer? Which one is better for au naturel and if one is nice than the other? I know Sans Souci is smaller but would like to get thoughts and recommendations for future visits. Thank you.

If the AN beach is important then CSS would be the place to go. Like CN you can walk on and off. In addition, they have a pool on the AN side. Not sure about the "Sans Souci is smaller" note. The beach at CSS is larger than the one at CN and also CTI. CTI's AN area is on the island...requiring a boat to access, which makes it kind of novel. If you're happy with what's at CN and are looking to experience the Ochi side of Jamaica then CSS would be our recommendation.

CSS all the way...

Everyone will have their favorite and tell tell you it is the best. The best resort to stay at is the one that is best for you. The good thing is that there is no wrong choice. With the exception if the AN area is a priority. CSA is the only Couples resort without an AN area.

Suggestion. Do a little more research. I like YouTube. Here you will find lots of official and unofficial videos for all of the Couples resorts. Just search Couples and the resort name. You can even add the year if you like. One of these resorts will call to you more than the others. Pick that one.

Enjoy your stay in paradise no matter which Couples you choose

CSS has the better au naturel facilities and is a lot more private than CN. The beach at CN is better than CSS -- CN has the typical "postcard" beach and water. However, I prefer CSS for the privacy, au naturel facilities, and I think the grounds in general are beautiful. I use surf shoes when I go in the water which is kind of dorky since I am otherwise naked! LOL

i love cti so much. we have visited css twice with trading places and will be going there in 2016 for a split stay between cti and css. we love the island and the emotional separation it creates to travel to the naked land cti has so many amazing food options so that is a huge influence on our booking. we love the beach at cn but would say that the pubic beach is my least favorite for the AN option.

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    i love cti so much. we have visited css twice with trading places and will be going there in 2016 for a split stay between cti and css. we love the island and the emotional separation it creates to travel to the naked land cti has so many amazing food options so that is a huge influence on our booking. we love the beach at cn but would say that the pubic beach is my least favorite for the AN option.
    Greetings from another Wisconsin couple (Madison). We were at CN for the first time over super bowl weekend, made so many friends on the AN side we've booked the same weekend for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tinainohio View Post
    We will be heading to Couples Negril for the 3rd time in 5 years and I love it but thinking for the next trip of changing to either Tower Isle or Sans Souci. We love the nude beach at Negril but are thinking of checking out the other resorts. Does anyone who has stayed at either of the other resorts have any recommendations on which one they prefer? Which one is better for au naturel and if one is nice than the other? I know Sans Souci is smaller but would like to get thoughts and recommendations for future visits. Thank you.
    We have been to CN and CSS. For us it is a toss up as to which we would rather stay at. We like the rooms at CSS better but are in them so little, we like the food at CN better. The AN facility at SSB is awesome but the beach at CN puts it on par for us.

That being said, if you are considering the Ocho side of Couples, I would recommend CSS. The ability to go from the AN side to the Textile side at any time, day or night at CSS (and CN) is difficult to beat.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Default CTI Or CSS For A/N?

Quote Originally Posted by tinainohio View Post
    If 'au naturel' is your thing to the point of wanting to be in the a/n state as much as possible, perhaps CSS would be the place for you. I gather that the climbing of the many steps can be quite daunting. However, CTI has great food and good restaurant choices, so you would have to work that into your equation.

At CTI, the a/n island is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. only, but you can do the Trading Places day to CSS. The atmosphere at the pool on the CTI island is great; but when we did CSS for Trading Places, we had some of our CTI people over and we mixed with the CSS folks.

I can't do the steps at CSS, so I won't even consider staying there, although I like the a/n area and beach. In any case, give me the CTI atmosphere and food options any day. I can always go over to CSS for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by clydealp View Post
    If 'au naturel' is your thing to the point of wanting to be in the a/n state as much as possible, perhaps CSS would be the place for you. I gather that the climbing of the many steps can be quite daunting. However, CTI has great food and good restaurant choices, so you would have to work that into your equation.

At CTI, the a/n island is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. only, but you can do the Trading Places day to CSS. The atmosphere at the pool on the CTI island is great; but when we did CSS for Trading Places, we had some of our CTI people over and we mixed with the CSS folks.

I can't do the steps at CSS, so I won't even consider staying there, although I like the a/n area and beach. In any case, give me the CTI atmosphere and food options any day. I can always go over to CSS for the day.
    Clydealp

No-one should ever worry about the number of steps at CSS. Until recently I had many years of extreme ankle pain which made walking, even on level ground, difficult. At CSS we nearly always ended up at the top of G Block (our choice due to the excellent sunset views and private balconies where we could continue in our SSB attire without complaint from adjacent occupants -

We noted very early on in our first visit that if we wanted a lift from one part of the resort to the other then one just calls the bell hop desk and they kindly send the minivan along to pick you up and take you to your block. It was never made to seem like a chore for them as they totally understood my predicament. That is what makes Couples such a brilliant venue for us. Thankfully the ankle thing seems to have settled itself and I have been relatively pain free for some time. It may flair up again but I would never make it a reason to not go to Sans Souci.

Just go to CSS and enjoy the whole shebang. Don't preclude yourselves from the incredible AN facilities just because of the steps. To clarify, there is not (yet) a service to carry you up the stairs from the entrance to your block but maybe one day??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    The beach at CSS is larger than the one at CN and also CTI.
    How does the beach itself compare to CN? I absolutely love bloody bay, but if we go back a 3rd time, CSS would interest me. I'm afraid the sand/water/et isn't going to live up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
    How does the beach itself compare to CN? I absolutely love bloody bay, but if we go back a 3rd time, CSS would interest me. I'm afraid the sand/water/et isn't going to live up to that.
    The beach at SSB is not nearly as nice as the beach at CN. That being said, the SSB beach is bigger, more active (people playing various games) and has the pool and food service close by. The water at SSB is not a clear as at CN and is much cooler because of the river that flows in next to the beach. The bottom is rocky so water shoes are recommended.

For us it really is a 50/50 between CN and CSS (SSB). At CN we spend a lot of time in the water but at SSB we were only in the water for about 30 minutes total over 8 days. Just to cool and rocky for our preference. Spent more time just on the loungers or by the pool at SSB. That being said, SSB was more active (pool volleyball, the pool bar, tie dye shirts, etc. then what we have experienced at CN. The guests at both are similar. Open, a little more outgoing than the guest on the Textile side.

Lastly for what it is worth, we booked our 2016 trip as a split stay at CSS and CN so that we can enjoy both. That's how even they are in our book.

Good luck with your choice.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

First time to a resort and we are thinking VERY seriously about CSS the last week of April or first week of May 2016. Would like to try the SSB area but not sure I can convince my wife. We will see. Would anyone care to comment on how busy they usually are this time of year and what we can expect in the way of weather?

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    The water at SSB is not a clear as at CN and is much cooler because of the river that flows in next to the beach. The bottom is rocky so water shoes are recommended.
    You've made my decision easy. I love the CN beach way too much to go elsewhere.

My wife and I spent 12 days split between CSS/SSB and CN last September and they both are great and we will be doing it again in 2016.
    The pool at SSB is great and with the swim up bar and lunch buffet you never want to leave. The water at the beach can be cooler at times but the beach is great. If your wife is concerned go early in the morning when there isn't as many people and kick back for awhile.
    My wife would never consider doing the A/N beach at first, but she tried it and now can't even think of spending time on the textile side.
    SSB you need to have water shoes due to sea urchins and rocks.
    CN you can't beat the beach or the water. There is no pool at the A/N side but they due have a bar now and hot tub. The beach is more out in the open, but it is great. My wife thought this would be a big issue. At first she would wrap up in the float, but after one day it was a non issue. We went with three other couples and and never left the A/N beach. The only thing that would make CN better if there would be a pool. We can't wait for 2016.