Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Weather and Tower island

Good luck... We just spent a week at TI in early January and the winds kept us from enjoying the island most of the trip. We were there for a week and were only able to get to the island twice. Our final day we were able to get a day pass to SS and spent the entire day by the pool at the AN side. After that trip SS is where it's at for us because of the limitation of getting to island on high wind days.

BTW that was our fist time going AN and we loved it!!!! We looking at booking our next trip now.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
    Where is the AN crowd supposed to go on this day ?

We are going to CTI for the first time in March after a visit to CSS earlier this year, we will not go to CSA due to the lack of AN facilities...a policy like this would ensure that we would never be tempted to visit CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

It has been recently reported that there was some inappropriate Public Displays of Affection in the pool or jacuzzi at Couples Sans Souci's Sunset Beach.
    I am compelled to reiterate that none of our resorts will tolerate overt sexual activity in public by any guests.
    This week, this issue came up. The staff (bar tender) contacted management when they saw what was happening. However, to everyone's dismay the offending couple was right back at SSB the very next day. While they didn't perform any more overt sexual acts, they were still spending "alone time" in the grotto and were a little too touchy feely with each other in the pool. Really made the other hotel guests at the A/N pool uncomfortable! Any explanation why this wasn't dealt with by the management?

**Update**
    We got a rather nice response from the Asst Manager. While I do understand that management has the ultimate say in these matters, it would have provided some reassurance to the guests that were there if somehow it could have been conveyed that management did reprimand the couple. But like I said, they were still a little too frisky with each other at the a/n pool the very next day. Maybe knowing the events from the day before (and seeing them first hand) made everyone a little extra sensitive.

However, I do believe that if the resort is going to advertise all over the message boards that behavior such as that will not be tolerated, then there should be a strong message sent when it does. To be clear, this happened in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon. Not that it matters, but it wasn't an "after hours" swim when this occurred. For the couple to claim they didn't know that behavior was not allowed was a very poor excuse for their actions. Nowhere does Couples advertise that behavior of that type is allowed, for someone to assume it is proper behavior is unfathomable.
    Last edited by VaCouple; June 1st, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: new info

I honestly don't think these rules are designed to do what some of you are thinking. If anyone is causing a problem they should be forced to leave the nude area... no matter if they are with their spouse/s.o./ partner or whatever. That is the part we can all agree on I think. However if you think that the rule is designed to make my wife pack up all of her stuff at the beach and leave the nude beach just because I ran back to my room to take my medication or get something I forgot then you might be someone who is caught up in rules a little too much. I don't think if a couple goes to the nude beach together, behaves themselves appropriately, and one of them needs to leave for a few minutes that anyone should start complaining to management. We all know the reason for the rules, as does the staff at Couples. Try to relax and live and let live a bit. We should all complain if someone causes a problem and management should deal with it immediately, but if someone's spouse is napping or reading a book while their s/o runs back to the room to get something and it somehow ruins your day at the beach enough to start complaining about it then you might be the problem. Anyone who complains about that is really really looking for something to complain about. Relax and enjoy your time at the beach with your spouse, but don't feel compelled to pack up and leave if your spouse has to go somewhere for a few minutes. That is not what Couples is trying to achieve and Randymon has said as much in the past on many occasions.
    Respect and good travels!

Very well said rhallva!!!

.....sigh......

life is complicated enough, let's not make our vacations that way too.

we have been to other CO resort/locations and in general, if there is an individual - single or part of a couple - that is out of line, the group tends to marginalize the offender and the issue quickly becomes a non-issue. kind of self policing. we have been fortunate enough to not have had any really bad incidents. sounds - from the outside looking in (and not there personally to comment from an informed perspective) - like much ado about nothing.

on holidays mon. irie

On our last trip my s.o. went to Ocho Rios with another couple from SSB. I stayed at SSB with other couple we had mad friends with. The were gone a couple of hours. Nobody seemed to have issues I was there by myself.

Greetings all,

My husband and I are heading to CN for the first time in 63.5 hours! While we do not participate in totally AN I do like to go topless. How is this handled there? Is there a place for me? Any guidance you can give would be great. Thanks bunches!

You can be topless on any beach any where in Negril both Bloody Bay(beach CN is on) and Long Bay ( beach CSA is on) both beaches make up 7 mile beach., but you CAN NOT be topless only at the AN beach you must be AN.

You can go topless anywhere on the beach but no topless by the pool.

We ran into this situation when I was there and we solved that problem by having all the guys stand over the offender in all our splendour

My S/O and I were recently at CSS and we both loved it. This was our first time at an AN location and we were noticeably younger than the other guests. Everyone was very nice to us and we felt very welcome (one couple in particular was very nice/funny and even jokingly referred to us as their "kids" haha). One day we admittedly did get drunk when it was overcast and in a moment of love we kissed in the pool. We werent "touching" each other or going to far in my opinion but one woman got upset and made rude comments. I can understand that we were at fault but her way of responding was not pleasant and was kind of bothersome. Is this really what is being referred to with this discussion? Were we so out of line? We didnt intend to make anyone uncomfortable - we were on vacation and very much in love!

There are very few rules at SSB - no clothing allowed, no camera enabled devices, no drugs, no public displays of affection. It's pretty simple. If you can't follow these simple rules, it's easy, go to the textile side or go to your room.

Is kissing really what they mean?

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    Is kissing really what they mean?
    Geez...I hope not! We, as well as others, have occasionally kissed, applied sunscreen, and even lovingly given a back massage to our significant others while on the beach. Being at an adults-only couples resort, I would hope that would not be offensive to others, whether it is done on the nude beach or textile beach. I would hate to think that we all would have to run back to our rooms to show these simple gestures of affection.

I think the rules of inappropriate PDA apply to when these gestures escalate to inappropriate public fondling of one's significant other (or another's significant other
    ).

KJL, I wouldn't worry about it. The vast majority of people there are easy-going, nonjudgmental, and mature enough to understand and accept those simple gestures.

My hubby and I are not into AN but he had a great comment for this thread. Here it goes: if I can simply kiss my wife in church, then I should be able to kiss my wife while AN.
    CTI- December 2010
    CN- December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Geez...I hope not! We, as well as others, have occasionally kissed, applied sunscreen, and even lovingly given a back massage to our significant others while on the beach. Being at an adults-only couples resort, I would hope that would not be offensive to others, whether it is done on the nude beach or textile beach. I would hate to think that we all would have to run back to our rooms to show these simple gestures of affection.

I think the rules of inappropriate PDA apply to when these gestures escalate to inappropriate public fondling of one's significant other (or another's significant other
    ).

KJL, I wouldn't worry about it. The vast majority of people there are easy-going, nonjudgmental, and mature enough to understand and accept those simple gestures.
    That's how I interpreted that rule as well, and I concur with your assessment of the general attitude of people at SSB.

I will point out, there is a kiss, and there is kissing. If your toungue leaves your mouth, you should probably head back to your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    I will point out, there is a kiss, and there is kissing. If your toungue leaves your mouth, you should probably head back to your room.
    I would disagree. However if using your tongue means that your hands begin to wander then maybe the room is appropriate. Just kissing, tongue or not, would not be excessive PDA in my personal opinion.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

How about this for a guideline: Whatever gets you kicked off the textile beach gets you kicked off of SSB. I've seen hugging and kissing on the main beach and all over CSS (even in the restaurants!), so why should this be prohibited on SSB?

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    I would disagree. However if using your tongue means that your hands begin to wander then maybe the room is appropriate. Just kissing, tongue or not, would not be excessive PDA in my personal opinion.
    I have to agree with kurt and Angie. Kissing is fine. My wife and I have even wrapped our arms around each other sometimes. Last August, on a couple of cooler days, we'd be in the pool at the bar playing trivia and she would walk up behind me and wrap her arms around me - mostly for warmth. (she's VERY cold-natured). It wasn't sexual and NO ONE complained or said anything.

Going for our first trip to a couples resort next month and my wife and I could not be more excited. We have been back and forth on whether or not we are going to venture over to the AN isle. From the thread on here it seems like everyone has a great time, so I think I am a little more for it than she is at this point, but have a few drinks on the beach and I am sure she will be game after that. The only thing that would seem awkward to me is hanging out at the pool bar.. seems like it is close quarters for AN. Does the bar usually get crowded? or is this not an issue?

Here's what bothers me about the not allowing singles at the AN at CN. My wife and I are not joined at the hip and sometimes we like to do different things on our vacation. She shops or walks on the beach, I like to water ski or play tennis, she likes to eat lunch, I like to eat late afternoon. If the one left behind would get asked to leave every time the other left the AN section that would be a pain. We've been to CN 6 times and I dream of going back for a 7th, it's home. The times we've been there has always been single women and men there, no gawkers just adults lying in the sun, swimming in the water and keeping to themselves. They're not there to stare at your wife or husband, they brought the love of their life with them. Any creep or gawker should be asked to leave even if they are with someone, but to ask someone to leave just because their wife or husband is off enjoying the many activities CN has to offer is just wrong.

This thread is a bit confusing. We are in our early 60's, in great shape, and very affection to one another. Our first trip to CSS/SSB Is this November and we are both looking forward to the AN side of the resort...that was the main draw for our choice of resorts. We have read all the rules on the Couples site and fully understand them. But some of the comments in here are disturbing. Is not the purpose of paying several thousand dollars to go to a adults only couples resort to enjoy being with you lover one, relax and have fun? Do I have to worry about being "scolded" if she needs to trek back to our Penthouse Suite? Does she have to worry about being "reprimanded" for hugging or kissing me at the pool or beach (she does this a lot)? Between this thread and the one on saving loungers we are both wondering if any Couples is our right first choice? Just wondering....

My wife and I love Sunset Beach. We've never had an issue finding a place to sit or shade when we wanted it. There have been times when I or my wife have gone back to the room for something. Last August she went and got her hair done for our wedding vow renewal. I stayed in Sunset Beach and had no issues at all. I've gone back to the room for sunscreen which we forgot and no one said anything about her being there without me. My wife has kissed me and hugged me at Sunset Beach - in the pool, on the beach and sitting next to me - no one said a word.

@michaelg
    Your comments are reassuring. Thank you. We really are looking forward to enjoying this trip and also plan a day pass over to TI.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast