Default Room category and location on property

I'm trying to figure out which rooms are located where on property. Are the garden views on lower floors in bldgs 3, 4 and 5 for instance? Which ones are ocean view? I love bldg 1 but I want a garden view or ocean view, are those categories in that bldg?

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which rooms are located where on property. ...
    Good Luck! The room categorization at CN seems to be mixed in several blocks and we're not 100% convinced it is static. It may be that it is static and the confusion comes from guests on this MB mis-reporting room categories when they were unknowingly upgraded.

As an example of the mix in any given block, consider block #9. We came across a scrap of paper once (official looking thing) that showed block 9 to be a mix of Deluxe Beach Front and Deluxe Ocean View rooms - along with the obvious Garden View Suites (9101, 9201, 9301) and Beach Front Suites (9108, 9208, 9308).

... I love bldg 1 but I want a garden view or ocean view, are those categories in that bldg?
    Anyway, we're confident that Block 1 has mostly Garden View rooms. We believe that the exceptions are that the -02, and -03 rooms are Beach Front rooms (from a comment made once by Dilly-Ann, formerly at the front desk). The -01 rooms are Beach Front Suites of course.

Randymon has posted on here that 110 of the 234 total are Deluxe Garden rooms. There are 132 rooms in blocks 1 through 5, so we believe the room categorization breakdown on that side is:
    BFS=6
    BF=16
    GV=110

If correct, then all of the Garden View rooms are on that side of CN.

Rudi - Thanks very much for your reply. I do agree that it's very difficult to figure out the categories at CN. And you're right, we may have been upgraded and didn't know about it. We stayed in bldg 1 second floor once and DH loved that he was just a hop, skip and a jump from the Heliconia so he could get his jerk chicken sandwich at 1 or 2 am. I was kind of hoping that was a garden view even though we could see the ocean from the balcony if we leaned over a bit.

...We stayed in bldg 1 second floor once ... I was kind of hoping that was a garden view even though we could see the ocean from the balcony if we leaned over a bit.
    The majority of Block 1 rooms are Garden View (if our theory is correct). The -01 rooms are Suites obviously and even if the -02 and -03 rooms are Beach Front, you still have the -04, -05, -06, -07, -08, and -09 rooms on all 3 floors for Garden View.

So if you have a Garden View room you have a chance of Block 1, but there are still all of the rooms in Block 2, 3, 4 and some of Block 5 (we believe, others disagree), so there is no guarantee of Block 1, but hopefully Couples can accommodate your wish.

Irie- we were in room 4107, first floor, and had a fantastic view of the garden, looking towards the spa building, and could even see the ocean. I really loved sitting on our balcony in the early morning drinking coffee and enjoying the nature coming alive.

I prefer to be on the second or third floor because we scuba dive and we put our wet stuff on the balcony to dry out every day. We only liked bldg 1 for the proximity to the dive shop and Heliconia for late night snacking.

I don't think all ground floor rooms are garden view. When we were at CN in 2008, we had reserved an ocean view room and were in building 8 on the ground floor. We had asked if there were any rooms on the second or third floor available as we always like to be higher up so when one opened up the next day, we moved into room 8206.

We're heading back to CN in October; took advantage of the special so we're staying in the ocean view rooms again. When we arrive, we'll definitely request a room on a higher floor, but I'm curious if there is a building with this room type a little further away from the road? The road noise really wasn't too noticeable, and we wouldn't want to be too close to the restaurants, but I'm curious to know what other options we might consider for a "quiet" room if one was available when we arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by nguc54t View Post
    ...we're staying in the ocean view rooms again.
    ...I'm curious if there is a building with this room type a little further away from the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    ... showed Block 9 to be a mix ... and Deluxe Ocean View rooms - ...
    You could try block 9. It should be a bit further from the road than your Block 8 room. Look at the CN map/aerial view to judge for yourself.

So what are the block numbers for the two blocks on the Cuoples Negril map that are closest to the water on the lower right side of the map?
    Is Block # 9 the one closest to the A/N beach? And if so what is the other block number for the building beside it closer to the pool?
    Will these be all Beachfront deluxe rooms with suites on the end?

Thanks,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave476 View Post
    So what are the block numbers for the two blocks on the Cuoples Negril map that are closest to the water on the lower right side of the map? ...
    Will these be all Beachfront deluxe rooms with suites on the end?
    Here are links to 2 previously posted images that should answer your questions (putting links rather than re-posting to save space on the MB).

http://couples.com/mb/attachment.php...8&d=1308159941

http://couples.com/mb/attachment.php...3&d=1273675178

Note that on the Couples supplied map in the link above, building 6 is not portrayed all that accurately, it actual extends past the pool to the edge of the beach.

For your 1st question, if you are referring to the "map" shown on the Couples Negril web site under "MAP & 360 VIEW" (which is an accurate aerial photo), that is block 6 and 9.
    Block #9 is closest to A/N beach.

The beach end of blocks #5, #1, #6, and #9 are the beachfront suites. Per above post, block 9 was (and probably still is) a mix of Gardenview Suites, Beachfront Suites, Deluxe Beach Front and Deluxe Ocean View rooms

EDIT: - forgot about this image, it is a more detailed map and more accurate:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...ril-resort-map
    Last edited by rudi; April 30th, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: add better image