Default Weather in Jamaica?????

Does it rain every day in Negril. I have been looking at the weather and noticed everyday had 60% chance or rain and t-storms, this is normal isnt it? Should I not worry about the weather? I just dont want it to rain all day while we are down there form april 27th to may 4th

We have never been rained on for more than about an hour in three trips to Negril. We did the trading places in 2011 and went to CSA from CN. It started raining in the early afternoon and we had no room to go to. We went and sat down at the beach bar and were totally entertained by the bartenders working there. These guys are great. They kept us laughing with games and jokes til about an hour after the rain stopped. Turned what could have been a not so nice experience into a lot of fun. Isn`t that the Couples way?

Once you go, You`ll know.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisratto View Post
    Does it rain every day in Negril. I have been looking at the weather and noticed everyday had 60% chance or rain and t-storms, this is normal isnt it? Should I not worry about the weather? I just dont want it to rain all day while we are down there form april 27th to may 4th
    We are at CN now. Sunny, sunny skies the past several days. Bring your sunscreen. It rained one evening while here, but no problem! It is breezy the past few days ... Water sports have been curtailed. Lots of other things to do.

....Not every day, though the forecasts would give you that impression. We have been there twice, and the forecasts have always been the same; "60% chance of rain every day". The 1st time it rained 1 night. The 2nd time (in October) it rained 2 days. Note that rain in Jamaica is much warmer than rain in Tennessee! Hey, you're there to get wet. Put on your swim suits and sit at the Pool Bar!!!

We arrive at CSS on May 1st so I've been watching the weather too...

It looks like the large storm system that was giving all of Jamaica 60% chance of rain seems to be moving east - this should work out perfectly for both of us as it will suck a lot of the energy out of the area for several days.

40% is more typical as you will get rained on at least once while you're there but it's very rare for a complete washout... 60% rain also doesn't mean an entire day of clouds - just means that there's a pretty good chance of the wet stuff at some point in the forecast.

A typical day can start with clouds that clear out pretty quickly - several hours of sun shine with pop up late afternoon rain showers that appear and disappear very quickly - the late afternoon clouds can be a nice break from the hot sun.

If you take a boat / kayak out into the bay you will see there are almost always storm clouds hovering over the mountains while down at the beach you're under bright blue skies...

We are taking our 6/7th trip - lost count to CN - we have been in March and Dec only, we have never hit a day where it rained all day. I don't think you will hit a lot of rain. You are in the carribean and it does rain sometimes. When it rains, as long as there is no thunder or lightning and we are in the water, we just stay there. We are already wet. The couple times we went in March it was very warm. We love Dec, the weather is warm enough to go swimming, but not so hot that we can't stand staying outside. Enjoy your vacation. If it does rain for a day, enjoy yourself in your room or go to one of the bars, they are usually hopping then.

Don't look at the weather. I have yet to see a forcast for Jamaica that doesn't call for some liquid sunshine. Most likely if it rains it will be in the afternoon and will only last for a few minutes.

It did rain about half the days we were in Negril but only for an hour at most. We took our cribbage board and some cards and had a blast sitting at the bar playing cribbage and having a few drinks.

We've been here since Monday and no rain yet. It has been quite windy though. Not what we've been used to this time of year.

We arrive Monday & I was wondering the same thing... we are getting married on the 3rd & it's 60% for that day too... But we did schedule it for the morning to avoid the afternoon showers. We are from the TX coast and are use to the afternoon showers... just hoping it's more a chance for that typical afternoon pop up shower than an all dayer... I've been watching the web cam so far so good... will watch more now that its getting into the 60% chance...

Hello, my friend....I have been to Negril 5 times. Matter of fact will be there in June this year, yeeehawww,lol. Anyway, if it does rain, it usually lasts for about 10-15 minutes. It was always a welcome sight for me, though! Now if you get caught in a tropical storm thats another issue entirely. Don't worry, enjoy...what resort you staying in?

Default Rain in Jamaica

I am there now and it has been raining all day and at times very windy. Most outdoor activities are canceled. Hopefully better tommorw. Conditions change quickly in both directions.