Default Dunn's River Falls Tour

I have a fear of heights. Would I be miserable on the Dunn's River Falls tour? I read that at times you have to hold hands forming a human chain. Is that because it's so steep?

Quote Originally Posted by KBrown View Post
    I have a fear of heights. Would I be miserable on the Dunn's River Falls tour? I read that at times you have to hold hands forming a human chain. Is that because it's so steep?
    No, it's not that steep..but they do make you hold hands to form I chain to "help each other". I thought it was a tourist trap, and if I knew that's all it was I would have skipped it!

....Not the steep, but the slippery. You climb UP the Falls. Each hold hands all the way up, to guide the person behind you. It IS pretty cool (literally and figuratively) to do. Don't bring anything that can't get wet. REALLY wet!

Not really, it's more for balance and safety. The climb is not straight up. It's rather winding and a slow incline. The guides are very helpful and make it fun. When we did it there were some rather elderly people doing it with no trouble. I don't like heights either but this was not a problem. Just put one foot in front of the other, where they instruct you to do so, and you'll be fine.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

It's a pretty simple walk up the falls - there's a couple of sections where you have to take large steps so having someone help you up helps... but it's more like walking up stairs - no edges or anything to fall from.

They have you hold hands to keep you together.

No problem with heights though - it's a fun, cold walk up the falls that many people of all ages do...

and if for some reason it's not working for you - they have exits and a path next to the falls you can walk to see everything without getting wet.

I also have a fear of heights. I don't like to even get up on a ladder. My husband and I did the Dunn's River Falls tour and I never had a problem with heights. You climb up the falls but never really feel like you are high up. (or at least I didn't feel that way) There are no big drop offs along the sides. We also thought we would have to hold hands but our guide did not make us. Once in a while the guys would turn and help the ladies because some spots are a little steep. It was more of a climb in some spots than i thought it would be. I think you would be fine, but only you can make that descision.
    If you do decide to go make sure you both have water shoes, they are a must for this trip.

My husband has a fear of heights and did fine on this tour. It can be very slippery, and at times a bit steep, but it is a wonderful experience. We missed it the first year we did CSS because we waited too long and the weather did not cooperate. We made sure we did it our next trip. My only disappointment was in our video, a different group was at the end.

We have also done YS Falls, Mayfield, Somerset in Port Antonio, and the more commercial but beautiful Dunns River......

CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cigar dude View Post
    when we did it there were some rather elderly people doing it......
    ......hey!!!!!!!