Default Sending in Documents

I am debating if I should send the copies of our birth certificates and passports by certified mail or regular mail. Has anyone had issued with paperwork missing or should I be good sending it through regular mail? Also, how soon did you send it in? I am 80 days out is that too early? I want to check it off my list!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    I am debating if I should send the copies of our birth certificates and passports by certified mail or regular mail. Has anyone had issued with paperwork missing or should I be good sending it through regular mail? Also, how soon did you send it in? I am 80 days out is that too early? I want to check it off my list!
    I sent ours certified, which I was glad I did!! The address on the information sheets that was emailed to me was an old address, so it thankfully got returned to me and I had to resend it to the correct address! I was a bit annoyed to say the least...if you change where the documents need to go, you should probably sent out an email to your customers! I mailed ours probably 55 days out..and was worried it wasn't going to get there on time because of the miscommunication on part of Couples. To not stress yourself out, I would def mail it out earlier and send it certified for your peace of mind.

I did mine about 60-70 days early. My job offers fed ex overnight to the employees for 50% off so i felt it was more peace of mind to mail it that way so i had proof of it being delivered. I would do it certified if i were you so you're not worrying until you get an email confirmation from them saying they received it.

I sent mine registered mail. I am pretty sure I read somewhere on the wedding info site that you had to send it that way. With this being so important you want to be able to track it and have a signature to prove they arrived. I think I sent mine about 2 months before. We had to have ours in 30 days before but I think I read they changed that to 45 but I could be wrong. I would send them in soon. That way if there is a problem you have lots of time to fix it! Enjoy this time. I miss the final planning months before the wedding.

I did get the email with the new address to send in the documents. I am sending it certified with signature required tomorrow! 82 days out but at least I can check it off the list

Thanks everyone!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

I sent mine USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation 2.5-3 months out--no issues.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCouple View Post
    I sent ours certified, which I was glad I did!! The address on the information sheets that was emailed to me was an old address, so it thankfully got returned to me and I had to resend it to the correct address! I was a bit annoyed to say the least...if you change where the documents need to go, you should probably sent out an email to your customers! I mailed ours probably 55 days out..and was worried it wasn't going to get there on time because of the miscommunication on part of Couples. To not stress yourself out, I would def mail it out earlier and send it certified for your peace of mind.
    I got an email saying the address had changed.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013