Default Luminous Lagoons

Has anyone ever gone to the Luminous Lagoons? Is it worth it? We are going to CTI in December and would love some info/feedback on Luminous Lagoon.

Thanks!

Been there..done that...would do it again in a heart beat! I'm not sure if you have done any research on it..but really it is AMAZING!!!! We did not take a "excursion" for this though. We hired our taxi, drove there, ate dinner, did the actual boating, swimming experience and it was the best thing we have ever done while in Jamaica..off of a resort anyways! If you want any info feel free to email me at airbell96@hotmail.com. Go! You will not regret it! Have a wonderful vacation!
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

It's near Trelawny and kind of far from CIT I think. I've heard if you go on a night when there is lots of bright moonlight you won't see a thing. I think there are many more interesting things to see and do much closer to CTI.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

From what I've read, the less moon that there is, the more brilliant the luminescence. I know there isn't much you can do about it when you book your trip. Just keep it in mind.

This is a link to a moon phase calendar.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The resort offers this trip on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday at a cost of $75 per person. The bus leaves at 4:35PM.

It includes bus trip, swimming and a boat ride. The boat ride is about 35 minutes long.

www.glisteningwaters.com for more information.
    Irie Mon

I went the last time I was in Jamaica. I liked the tour but I would have been happier staying at the resort.

Went with my family about 8 years ago. We all thought it was pretty cool. Would really have been something on acid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    The resort offers this trip on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday at a cost of $75 per person. The bus leaves at 4:35PM.

It includes bus trip, swimming and a boat ride. The boat ride is about 35 minutes long.

www.glisteningwaters.com for more information.
    Couples Tower Isle offers the excursion? I was thinking I'd like to do the ziplining, but this seems soooo much cooler. I must have him do this.

We have never done it but my cousin and her husband did it one year and they thought it was pretty cool but described it as one of those once you've done it probably wouldn't go again kind of things. I don't know that there is more than one location...maybe I'm wrong. We were staying in Montego Bay at the time and it was about a 30 minute trip for them (towards Ocho Rios) so it's gonna be a fairly long ride for you. The place does serve a dinner but you can do a tour with or without, they did it without since we were on an all-inclusive plan and they said the food there didn't look any better than at the resort. The boat ride people refer to is the ride out onto the lagoon. You can choose to get out of the boat and swim in the water so you can see the green sheen on your skin, keep in mind it's dark so I guess some people were a little freaked out by this. Otherwise you spend 30-45 minutes maybe an hour max on the boat and then they take you back...that's the tour. Again, sounds kinda cool but the distance from CTI might make this one of those things you really want to contemplate...totally personal preference though.

We went to "Glistening Waters" once and it was a decent evening. If you are in the area and you are looking for evening diversion it can be pretty interesting if the weather is right. Apparently if there is much cloud cover it has an impact on what you can see. In addition, my memory is that the guides told the folks who went in swimming to be careful not to stir up the ooze on the bottom or it would mask the lights. They stirred it up and it masked the lights. Everyone who got in stirred up the muddy water because the bottom was so slimy and unpleasant when they stood in it. If I were in the area (I was staying in Rio Bueno when we went) I might do it, but I would not go from Ochie or Negril just for that by any means. Your milage may vary though. I have friends who went and raved about it and counted it as a hightlight of their stay in Jamaica. Apparently it is just better some nights that others.

Does CSS offer the tour? How far are the glistening waters from CSS which I believe would be closer to Trelawney than CTI?